CASTANET ISLAND
Welcome to Light of the Harvest Moon! We are a Harvest Moon based RP forum set on Castanet Island. We have dozens of canon characters from all the games to pick from, but you can always make your own character as well. Feel free to look around our forums and see what insanity the members have been up too.

Slowly, the snow has melted away and the green grass has been poking it's way up. Flowers have begun blooming again, the trees are leafing, and the fish are swimming. However, the entire island is still not at ease. With the continued search for the missing Harvest Sprites, some of the villagers run around frantic worried about what will happen to the island if they don't find all of the sprites. Also, some villagers have noticed that the sea seems...different. Not as gentle as it used to be. However, not that many villagers are worried about it now though. Is it an omen of things to come?

SPRING Y2
5th-11th

Male:Female
47:54
Upcoming Dates
New Years Festival-ONGOING
Flower Festival- Spring 15th
Goddess Festival- Spring 26th

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Light of the Harvest Moon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

ADD REPLY:NEW TOPIC:NEW POLL:

New Year's Eve/Day [F], Festival
The Mint Pen
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 07:25 PM

Unregistered

All throughout the town, lights are up, streamers have been hung, and lively music is playing as well. It's a sight to see. There are also some booths set up at points selling food, gifts, and the occasional accessory.

Be sure to keep on eye on the clock though for when the midnight hour hits! Also, the bar has free wine and grape juice being passed around all night as well, just don't get too crazy.

Scattered throughout the town are little fire pits as well for when the chill takes over you.
Serendipity
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 07:52 PM

let the {r a i n } fall

Group: Hero
Member No.: 1

~ Shine on, starlight ~

There was something different that she hadn't noticed before on her first brisk run through the town. It seemed so... so lively compared to just a little bit ago. People moved about the different booths chatting up a storm that filled the air with such lively conversation. Despite herself, she couldn't help but smile. Contagious. That's what it was. Absolutely and utterly contagious.

Rubbing her bare arms for warmth - coats were for people with money - the pink-haired girl moved along the decorated path. It was cold enough to still see her breath when she breathed, causing her to instinctively rub her arms a bit faster. Geez, spring needed to hurry and arrive!

Prier parked her rump on a bench after dusting snow from it. She crossed one leg over to the other and tugged her black-and-red plaid skirt down a bit further, following this by tugging her red tank top down as well. If the weather didn't improve soon, camping out by the forest would be impossible and that would just make life suck. Stupid snow.

"Wonder if there will be fireworks. Things like this has 'em, right?" She stroked her chin in thought, eyes closing. Guess she'd find out at midnight.
Pesty
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 11:25 PM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

Group: Farmer
Member No.: 69

Being new here he wants to get involved. And what better way than a festival? Back home he loved festivals, helped prepare for them and everything. Sadly here he doesn't have a house just yet and can't prepare his famous dishes nor spruce up any animals. The least he can do is attend and enjoy. Slush covers the pathways in a subtle layer, making Tobias grimace faintly. Reaver simply bounds and leaps with vigor. He loves the snow. And getting dirty in general. Why wouldn't he? In Tobias' experience, anything with a light or specifically white base, will want to get dirty. All the darn time.

Coming into the main area of celebration he smiles at the jubilant stand keepers. He passes by a bench and notices the small femme there. Tobias stops at her voiced thought and smiles. The backpack is set down and torn open as the man begins to fish around for something in the mass. "I'd expect so...just hope I can restrain my dog. He hates fireworks." Tobias produces a thick blanket from his pack. It must be the bulk of it since the backpack deflates after he unravels it. The man is wearing his screw-you-cold-outfit, understanding that right now someone else could really use his blanket. His long hair is tied back as usual and tonight he's wearing a pair of black framed reading glasses.

Tobias goes to sit down next to the young lady, but is forced to back off as Reaver instead jumps onto the bench. The hound wags his tail and leans against his new friend. Crossing his arms and tugging his scarf tighter around his throat, Tobias snorts at his dog. He pats the animal's head and looks at the girl. "I'm Tobias and that fur rug leaning on you is Reaver, we're new here and thought we might ring in the new year with our new home."
Serendipity
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 11:51 PM

let the {r a i n } fall

~ Shine on, starlight ~

... Good gosh that was a big man. A very, very big man. For the first time in ages, she couldn't help but become painfully aware of how tiny she was. He had to be a foot taller then her! Geez, there went that last shred of dignity she had. Guess she'd have to resort on the fact she was cute. Yes, she could use that to her advantage any day of the week still without any issues popping up from it.

"Reaver, huh?" Prier tugged on a strand of her pink hair, staring at the dog for a good moment. "He's not gonna bite my hand if I pet him, will he?" The caution that her voice held was betrayed by her actions. She reached over slowly, carefully, and placed her small hand on the top of the animal's head, rubbing back and forth gingerly. "... Good boy. Good boy."

A lopsided grin crossed her features and she uncrossed her legs, patting her lap in an invitation to the animal. "Come on, boy. Make a bit of room for Toto there. Don't wanna keep him standing up in the cold like this."

What little manners she had, she seemed to remember. "New here too, huh? I just arrived from the next town over. Name's Prier - nice to meetcha."
Pesty
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 01:52 AM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

"No, he's as harmless as a bag of kittens around people with good intention." Tobias gently reassures the girl, watching her casually as she begins to pet Reaver. The pale saluki closes his eyes lazily as a gentle hand rubs his sloped head. Maw opening in a smile he wags his tail, brightening as a lap is offered. Being a lightweight breed he won't crush her legs. Reaver lies across her lap, tail wagging against the empty seat next to him. Tobias was a bit surprised at the new nickname but not in the least concerned. Really, she looks so young...who could say no to that adorable little face? And so long as no one else begins to call him that slightly humbling name the man can live with it.

Easing down to sit he thanks Prier and rubs his hand down Reaver's back. The animal stares off into the partying village with ignorant bliss. "Likewise Prier. We got here maybe a day ago. Lost track of time. I didn't exactly plan ahead like I should've so I'm trying to get a room at the inn now." he removes his hat, some shorter bangs wisping down on his face. The skunk stripe of white in his hair hides jealously on his dark scalp until a chill forces him to tug his hat back on.

Reaver noses at the edge of the blanket around Prier's shoulders before sticking his face against her arm to find more warmth. Tobias watches his pet with an amused look before directing his fixation to the young lady now. "I was just about to buy some snacks, would you like anything? Reaver and I would be happy to share for New Year's." cripes, New Year's already. He wishes he could be spending it with his parents but knows it doesn't do him any good now. Oh he needs to think up a New Year's resolution before midnight...shoot.
Serendipity
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 08:19 AM

let the {r a i n } fall

~ Shine on, starlight ~

Dogs had always been one of those things that she, in theory, rather liked. Dogs were also one of those things that usually made her extremely nervous. All it took was one bad experience to scare most people away from such things. Still, no harm in trying to break out of her preset mold and go with the flow. That's what her overall goal was anyway - breaking away from what she was used to. Slipping back into old habits so soon wouldn't do anyone any good.

A giggle tore itself from her throat at the actions of the dog, especially when his face found its face against her arm. "Well, aren't you an attention whore." The giggle morphed into a longer lasting smile as she gathered up a bit of the blanket and tugged it to the side, draping it over the dog as well. It was big enough to share - might as well make use of that factor.

"Inns in small towns like these tend to be adorable. I figured it would be horribly crowded, so I think I'm gonna take my luck up and do some long term camping in the forest. It'd be a good experience, I think." She had the supplies she needed and she had the knowledge of how to last out there for quite awhile. No need to stay in an inn when she could make do - and happily at that! - in a forest.

"If they have any of those meat-filled buns, that'd be good. Don't trouble yourself though, Toto." Prier tugged on a curled tendril of hair before clapping her hands together. "Think they have that game with the goldfish? Always wanted to give that a try."
Pesty
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 06:04 PM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

Tobias watches in contentment. He knows his dog is well behaved and would never claw at someone or harm them intentionally. Reaver seems to be enjoying himself, getting such attentions lavished upon him as though Tobias never ever cuddles him. The animal doctor shakes his head and pats Reaver's rump, pleased when Prier covers the thinly furred canine with the blanket as well. He's glad this place seems to be full of nothing but friendly people.

The man listens to her words, pondering briefly just her age and where her family is. "I'd do that, if I weren't so old." Tobias laughs a bit, melting at the nickname. It's so sickly sweet. So help him if anyone gives him grief for letting the lass call him such. "Mm I'll see what I can do. I'm sure the game is here. Rest here with Reaver, I'll be right back Prier." pushing off of his knees the obscenely tall man wanders to a booth. He gets a bag of popcorn and a meat filled bun as requested. Both foods are freshly made, hot and craddled securely.

Tobias hands Prier the bun and sits down beside her again, crossing an arachnid-esque leg over the other as he pops a blossomed kernal in his mouth. "I looked over the booth and saw they had the goldfish all set up.", literally, he did. Tobias is tall enough to be able to see over just about anything. Besides buildings, "Let's finish our food first before we go bother the goldfish." he wonders, if she wins one...where would she keep it? Across the girl's lap Reaver stares at the two, upper lip caught in his lower jaw as he gazes so enviously at the baked goods. The dog licks his chops and leans against Prier, staring at her with wide eyes and a split maw.

"No. Keep that up and I'll make you sit on the ground." Tobias lightly taps the dog's forehead, breaking Reaver from his near state of drooling. With a loyal sigh the animal rests his head on his crossed forelegs, snug under the blanket. Tobias pats Reaver's rump with his elbow, arm still holding the bag of popcorn. "I just fed him an hour ago, he shouldn't be begging by now, the ham." the man mutters fondly in effort of his pet. Looking down at Prier he takes a small handful of popcorn into his mouth, chewing and swallowing. "What're your plans here in the village?" maybe she wandered here to live with family? Then again, no, she just said she'd be camping.
bee
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 07:27 PM

don't question my oldbag and miles shipping.

Member No.: 4

TAGGING NO ONE! WEARING THIS NOTES MY BRAIN IS DEAD? D;

Was it such a good idea to be here all by herself, not telling her siblings or master of her whereabouts?

Clarice had a bad feeling about wandering off to the New Years celebration all by herself, but because this was a special holiday, wouldn't her close ones also go? Oh, but it wasn't good to assume, since assuming wasn't even close to knowing, and now that she was here, lost amidst the crowd... she didn't really know what to do. Her outfit was a little odd for her, as her everyday outfit was her maid one. This was a special occasion though, and she decided to simply wear something that seemed special and appropriate, though her lack of knowledge in fashion led the appropriate part to appropriately clueless. If that made any sense.

Clothed in more dresses, a chocolate brown dress flows from the straps tied onto her shoulders to a little below her knees, with a frilly white shirt underneath while poofy sleeves seem to grab your attention. A large, attractive purple ribbon is tied around the long neck hole, and the final piece of the outfit is the black jacket covering most of her torso and upper limbs, giving her warmth. As for accessories, a black hat with a strip that's an even darker shade rests on her head, while knee-length socks cover the rest of her visible skin, brown shoes comfortably fitted on her feet. Hmm, maybe it wasn't such a bad choice of clothing after all. But the uncomfortable feeling in her didn't disintegrate; it never did. Unsureness tugging on her lips, she scuffled her way towards the free bar booth, taking a bottle of grape juice as she never appreciated alcohol. The smell just never soothed her.

After taking a sip of her slightly prune-tasting juice, she advanced her way to some random place outside of the crowd, simply watching the villagers enjoy their time. If she knew she would be so lonely, she would have never come here. What a bad idea, not notifying anyone on where she was going. Such ignorance on her account...

THIS TEMPLATE WAS MADE BY BLACK MAGIC?! @ CAUTION.
Pianissmo
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 09:38 PM

Member No.: 28

A tall brunette wandered around, he didn't like social events like this. But... Since this occasion was a bit different, he shrugged it from his mind--it was the new year. Finally when everything comes back to life. He quietly took in a few breaths as he wandered around. Adel did feel a little uncomfortable though, he would admit, but he would have to accept it because he had to make himself a little more... Something, he just didn't know the words for it. But he knew he had to do something. His bluish violet eyes scanned the area, maybe a familiar face would put him to some ease.

Adel tags: Anyoneee~

It was the end of the year! Jethro was basically grinning from ear to ear, he always loved this time of year when the start of the new year was just around the corner--he always looked forward to the spring season when everything came back to life. It would be the perfect picture to capture! The beginning of life once more. His big green eyes glanced around, maybe he would find his sister somewhere around there. But he already saw many people so the redhead didn't really count on finding her during this festival. But even if he did, he would have loved spending the new year with his family.

Jethro tags: Anyone!

A new town. A new place. Sebastian took in a deep breath of air, "Do you smell that?" He grinned, holding in the air for a moment, puffing out his chest before glancing over towards his brother, who looked a bit unamused by his brother.

"Smells like low tide." The dark haired male crossed his arms over his chest then smirked as he watched his brother deflate his chest. Sebastian pouted then smacked the back of Dominick's head. Dominick glared towards him.

"It's the smell of freedom and adventure!" Sebastian corrected him. Dominick rolled his eyes and began walking forward, Sebastian quickly began walking alongside of his brother.

"It seems we've come at a good time, brother." Dominick glanced over towards the blonde, "Just in time for the New Year, hm?" Sebastian grinned, looking around at all of the decorations and the lights. Right on time!

Dominick & Sebastian tag: Anyone.
Pesty
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 11:26 PM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

Kage tags: Adel

Free? Anything free is good enough for him. The dark prince had easily gotten himself a glass of wine. Maybe if he gets tipsy it'll make this lousy, sleepy island entertaining. Shirtless as usual and wearing slightly baggy jeans with a guitar case strapped across his back the bored male sips on his wine. At least the wine doesn't taste so bad. Not revolting but not incredibly fantastic either. God he misses the city. The lights, the din, alcohol, seedy bars, quirky citizens, dark alleyways, misty clubs...bah. Being sent out here to this dinky island? How is he supposed to have any fun? Not only that but he's easily starting to notice something. He's so incredibly short compared to most of the men celebrating tonight. Kage is only five feet and seven inches, but he does have some formidable muscle to contend with. That and his temper once his height, or lack there of, is ever mentioned. With a dull sigh he pushes back his sheet of ebony hair to have his eyes land on a towering figure. Holy. Cow. Without hesitation he makes his way to the looming male and grins. "Hey, you look like you need drink. Is only vway to make fun around here.." Kage states in hindsight, sipping again at his wine. His thick Russian accent skating across his velvet tones.
Serendipity
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 03:32 PM

let the {r a i n } fall

~ Shine on, starlight ~

tagging; tobias, reaver, clarice

Oooh, the bun was so delicious! A happy bauble escaped Prier when the treat was offered to her, little hearts practically dancing around her head. What was the official name - a bao? Something like that. Chinese buns filled with meat and spices, tantalizing the taste buds and the senses. Really... nothing could be better then something like this on such a day. And tomorrow, when the sun rose and the day progressed, they'd have something like rice cakes. Right? Right! Had to. It was tradition.

"... Huh. Never seen a dog beg before." She really needed to be around animals more. Nibbling on the bun, she watched Reaver intently for another moment, fascinated by the interactions between him and Tobias. There really was something there that they shared, wasn't there? Almost as if they could communicate on a level no one else could understand. It was... interesting, to say the least.

"I plan to... ... actually, I don't know really. My mother was born on this island, so I might visit her while here. We haven't spoke to each other in a long time." There was a strange glint in her eyes when she spoke of her parental unit. All too quickly she squirmed, plopping the rest of the bun in her mouth. Wriggling her way out from underneath Reaver was certainly a task in itself. Luckily for his light weight and her small frame, she managed.

"It'll all work out. That's just how life is." She walked backwards away from the bench, holding her arms out. "No need to worry about-" Backwards further, and fight into another figure. The pink-haired girl let out a quick yelp as she toppled right over - most likely bringing the other down with her.

Flailing her arms, Prier bit down on her lip. "I'm sorry! Sorry, sorry, sorry!"
bee
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 07:50 PM

don't question my oldbag and miles shipping.

Member No.: 4

TAGGING PRIER, TOBIAS, AND REAVER WEARING THIS NOTES SERENDIPITY, STOP TEMPTING ME TO MAKE A TADASE FACE CHARACTER ;_; AND YAY, PASTA ROLEPLAYING <3

Continuing to sip her grape juice quietly and stand in the distance, her broad eyes still staring at the blissful crowd. Clarice would be lying to herself if she said she didn't envy those having a bright smile on her faces. She was always a lonely spirit, only close to her family and little base of friends, and now that none of them were here, things weren't going as planned. But did she need company to have an amiable time? ... Yeah, she did, but despite her mental request, she wouldn't want a stranger from the crowd to just talk to her, she wanted one of her siblings, or maybe even Eloise! Talking with someone you just met would be too awkward, especially for her.

Unfortunately - yes, unfortunately - her request was somewhat fulfilled, but instead of talking, more like trampling onto each other was made. Faltering to the ground with another girl, one probably much younger than her and with odd-coloured hair, she was lucky to fall on her back, and softly with the help of her jacket. Yet the bottle of juice in her hands? Spilled on the floor, nearly touching her chocolate brown hair while the bottle rolled away, its rattling noise ringing in her ears. This was quite the uneventful turn of events, but this wouldn't cease her from being kind and helpful. Instead of freaking out on the outside, she did it mentally as her outer persona looked calm and collected, a straight line formed on her lips. Jumping back on her two feet, she leaned down at the little girl who seemed to be apologizing so much it made Clarice giggle a little. Not saying anything, she simply accepted it but shook her head, which was a sign of her saying, "it's alright." Always keep your introverted personality in tact, maid!

While in a standing position, she thought it would be best to help the pink-haired girl up, already extending her arm with an open hand, the smallest of smiles on her face. As for now, her plans for this evening were to help this girl, which would be done in a matter of seconds, and clean up the mess she left behind, which was an easy goal to do. Then afterwards?

... That hasn't been decided yet.

THIS TEMPLATE WAS MADE BY BLACK MAGIC?! @ CAUTION.
Pianissmo
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 11:27 AM

Member No.: 28

He had been minding his own business--probably just making an appearance than just leave, no one would probably nobody would notice. But he inwardly shrugged his shoulders, nothing exciting seemed to be happening anyway. Adel only walked around a little more before stopping to perch himself against a wall. Definitely that socially-awkward loner look. He pulled himself from the wall--if he was going to hang around, he had to at least get himself something to drink. But then someone had approached him--a man, someone who was very short compared to himself. He perked a brow up--it seems the man had intentions of talking and making conversation with him.

The man had spoke about drinking, or so he assumed--that thick accent paired with the height only made Adel want to crack up into hysterics, but luckily, Adel knew how to hide his emotions. "A drink? Ja." He answered simply. "Why not?" He shrugged. Adel wasn't one to judge first appearances, but he certainly looked like he was from out of town, and that accent confirmed it.

Adel tags: Kage
Pesty
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 06:06 PM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

SP 1st-4th
IN THE PM.

[Bee, I am so envious of the moving headline. oAo And yes hooray RPing!]

tagging; clarice and prier

Tobias listens with concern. Prier seems rather nonchalant when mentioning her mother...then again it's more like some charade. Something more, something deeper. Something with such dangerous depth that Tobias, a stranger to this girl, knows he should dig no deeper for and take what shallow layers Prier has to offer. As much as she's comfortable with telling him. Prier just seems so young and it makes Tobias worry. Worry, worry, worry. Always a worry-wart. She's just too cute to be out on her own. No, not cute as in I'm-attracted-to-that-sweet-little-thing cute. Just...kitten cute. Something for the man to melt over, coo and coddle.

Watching her he half-listens, still fretting over her. When people are wrenched out of their comfort zone they need something plush to fall back upon. Hopefully Prier can meet with her mother here. Speaking of falling, Tobias jumps to his feet when the miss tumbles back against someone. Reaver, after being left under the blanket, is all cozied up inside of it. The blanket covers his head but leaves his face out. Making a babushka saluki. Up until the crash is heard. Reaver perks up, gliding out from the blanket to begin barking at the sky, believing wholly there is something that knocked down his new pal and he should scare it off. After a few moments of listenign to his dog grumble and growl, Tobias goes to Reaver to pat his bum. "Quiet." the command is given casually and just as casually obeyed.

Tobias goes to the downed Prier, standing next to the brunette girl. He extends a hand to Prier's unattended side as his other hand holds his bag of hot popcorn. The man wants to help the brunette help Prier stand up as well. "Are you two alright?" the lip of his hat settles over his furrowed brow, ponytail skating across his shoulderblades with that skunk's stripe shyly curling behind a few layers. Chewing on his lower lip somewhat he fails to notice Reaver slinking in the background. The alabaster hound dips his nose to the purple puddle, lapping merrily at the juice with his corded tail wagging.

Pesty
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 08:44 PM

I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3

SP Y2
IN THE PM

Despite the fact this man is nearly a whole foot taller than him, Kage isn't intimidated. He's never let someone's appearance spook him. As the offer is accepted by the supposed local he grins, clapping the German on the back. "Vwonderful! Come, time for drinks." turning away he leads the stranger to the drinking stands. Kage drinks the rest of his wine and gets a refill. As he brings the glass to his lips for a sip he sighs happily, glancing to his company. "I go by Kage. You live here long?" his English is simple and obviously broken. The Russian leans up on the stand, bringing a leg up to cross over his knee lazily. He looks at the tall man curiously, wonder just what the giant does here on this island. Pick fruit from the trees for shorter locals?

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free

Options ADD REPLY:NEW TOPIC:NEW POLL:

QUICK LINKS

CHATTER

STAFF

SPOTLIGHT
TBD

AFFILATE
HM Affiliates
Harvest DreamsHarvest Moon Meadow! Adelaide Village

Vote for LoHM!
RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOMRPF Topsite

Credits
Sidebar: Dana @ RCR
Header: Mimmy @ RCR
Coding Help: RCR
Skin: Vagrant @ Caution! 2.0 Background: The Inspiration Gallery

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3933 seconds | Archive
RPG-D The RPG Collection Zireling KingdomShayz'renth and Beyond > Roleplay FeverCaprice of Dusk
058 skin by nena.luna.serena of BP, RCR, RPGU.