CASTANET ISLAND
Welcome to Light of the Harvest Moon! We are a Harvest Moon based RP forum set on Castanet Island. We have dozens of canon characters from all the games to pick from, but you can always make your own character as well. Feel free to look around our forums and see what insanity the members have been up too.

Slowly, the snow has melted away and the green grass has been poking it's way up. Flowers have begun blooming again, the trees are leafing, and the fish are swimming. However, the entire island is still not at ease. With the continued search for the missing Harvest Sprites, some of the villagers run around frantic worried about what will happen to the island if they don't find all of the sprites. Also, some villagers have noticed that the sea seems...different. Not as gentle as it used to be. However, not that many villagers are worried about it now though. Is it an omen of things to come?

SPRING Y2
5th-11th

Male:Female
47:54
Upcoming Dates
New Years Festival-ONGOING
Flower Festival- Spring 15th
Goddess Festival- Spring 26th

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Light of the Harvest Moon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY:NEW TOPIC:NEW POLL:

what's the difference?, ci: cliff iso: mint's alisa!
The Mint Pen
Posted: Jul 25 2010, 04:44 PM

Unregistered

She grew a tad curious as he said her name and then paused, but she waited for him to continue. Alisa knit her eyebrows in a little more confusion and thought. Cliff certainly wasn't a villager from the island, she would have recognized him instantly, but he somehow knew her. She pondered the issue for a few moments before the thought finally came to her.

"Oh my!" She couldn't help but exclaim, "You're Cliff Hanger then?" Alisa half questioned and half stated. He had come to island for a season every year, and it never failed that he would appear at the church, usually daily. His smile made her feel more at ease with the situation at hand, at least they shouldn't be as awkward with each other now. "I w-would have never expected t-to run into you here!" Alisa said with a bigger smile and a laugh.
bee
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 10:35 AM

don't question my oldbag and miles shipping.

Group: Hero
Member No.: 4

so when you hold onto the past then you

WILL BREAK DOWN WHATEVER IS LEFT-

It struck him as odd when he thought about the situation more, which was pretty much how they didn't realize this sooner, and why she was here. Did they both have the same intentions, or perhaps she wanted to continue being a priestess in other places as well? Even he didn't know, although he didn't really know her so well to begin with. A sudden itch ran down the back of his neck, causing him to scratch it in an instant. Probably from all this awkward tension still lingering around, and from the realization that they knew each other already. Suddenly, when she exclaimed her shock, his eyes widened with the same emotion.

"You're Cliff Hanger then?" Nodding in agreement, he took the arm that was once scratching his neck and held out a hand, as if they were meeting each other once again. "U-um... yes." His small smile quickly grew into a normal one, one that he didn't show as often to people he "just met." But that wasn't it, for they really were small friends from before. She was a priestess, he went to church... something that just... happened! As the situation grew into a more comfortable stage, it was evident that they conversation also had more "lines." "I w-would have never expected t-to run into you here!" When hearing her giggle, he couldn't help but chuckle back lightly, only for a second. "W-well, I-I decided to... w-widen my t-travels... w-what are you doing h-here?" Cliff questioned, curiousness rounded in his brown eyes.

HEY, WORLD. THIS POST WAS WRITTEN FOR THE LOVELY ALISA. THE WORD COUNT IS 255. MY LITTLE CLIFFY-BOY IS WEARING THIS OUTFIT. AIN'T HE JUST A CUTIE? OH, BY THE WAY, YAY!

THIS TEMPLATE BY JAE OF CAUTION. DON'T REMOVE THE CREDIT OR SHE'LL SET HER EVIL CAT ON YOU. OHYES. >D

The Mint Pen
Posted: Jul 27 2010, 01:39 PM

Unregistered

Alisa shook Cliff's hand again, giggling a little at the awkwardness they were in. At least it was a relatively comfortable awkwardness now, they both seemed to be past the majority of their stuttering for the moment which was good. Now that she had some memories to put the his face, she began to remember him better. He would always come to church daily when he had been on the island, though the two hadn't conversed much, Alisa had been much shier back then and still in training, Nathan had been very impressed with his devotion and story. There weren't many people these days who were completely devoted to the Goddess, so Alisa was happy that she and Cliff met again so quickly.

"W-well, I-I decided to... w-widen my t-travels... w-what are you doing h-here?"

"Well, a-after Sunny Island become a thriving i-island again, Nathan and I h-heard about this place and the h-hardship it was going through. A-after a lot of thinking a-and praying, I decided the Goddess w-wanted me here, telling her s-story to those who needed it here." Alisa gave a smile to Cliff as she finished her explanation, honestly, she was the post surprised with herself when she had told Nathan she wanted to do mission work on this island, let along by herself. It was turning out to be a wonderful experience for her though, both for her social and spiritual aspects. "S-so, you're still traveling?"
bee
Posted: Jul 29 2010, 01:45 PM

Cliff was more than happy to find that things were getting much better, and he felt as if he was back on Sunny Island, talking to Alisa in the church. They both enjoyed their presence, as they were both believers of the church. Not to say he was interested in her in that way, no, that wasn't it! Almost blushing a beet red colour, he looked away to hide what could possibly be there and wait for it to fade. As he used one of his hands to help cover his pink-tinted face, he felt her hand grasp onto the one he held out, shaking it in the process. He on the other hand, didn't shake back and simply let her do the friendly gesture, still slightly embarrassed from pondering about how he "may" have liked her. But he knew that wasn't true. The thought and blush finally disintegrated, finally putting his hands to the side and facing Alisa once again.

"Well, a-after Sunny Island become a thriving i-island again, Nathan and I h-heard about this place and the h-hardship it was going through. A-after a lot of thinking a-and praying, I decided the Goddess w-wanted me here, telling her s-story to those who needed it here." After hearing her stutter it out, he nodded contently, understanding her reason. She was a priestess after all, so it was no surprise that the Goddess and God called her here. A quaint smile drawn on his lips, he shyed out, "U-uh, t-that's... cool." When the word spewed out of his mouth, he knew he had just embarrassed himself; right there, right now. Cliff was used to it though, sort of, so... it wasn't much of a problem. And luckily, she didn't mind his odd comment, asking a question about traveling. Taking a moment to think of a response, he truly did wonder... was he still traveling? The thought caused him to wander off, making him stare off into the sky above them, the answer still not coming. It all depended, whether this place would be good enough and fill that missing hole, or if it left him in pieces. In conclusion, his answer had to be... "It... depends. I-I came here t-to f-find... w-what c-could be m-missing.. s-so..." When he finished his short and incomplete statement, he looked down at his brown shoes and waited for her response.

HEY, WORLD. THIS POST WAS WRITTEN FOR THE LOVELY ALISA. THE WORD COUNT IS 396. MY LITTLE CLIFFY-BOY IS WEARING THIS OUTFIT. AIN'T HE JUST A CUTIE? OH, BY THE WAY, YAY!

THIS TEMPLATE BY JAE OF CAUTION. DON'T REMOVE THE CREDIT OR SHE'LL SET HER EVIL CAT ON YOU. OHYES. >D

The Mint Pen
Posted: Aug 31 2010, 07:14 PM

Unregistered

Alisa couldn't help but wonder what was on his mind as she waited for Cliff to respond. He always seemed to deep in thought when he was at the church on Sunny Island, but it was different now that they were having an actual conversation. Together. One-on-one.

The young priestess couldn't help but become curious as he responded. The way he trailed off and the what he paused just left the sentence so...empty. She didn't want to pry, and she knew she shouldn't, she disliked it when others pried into her business, so she felt even worse when she pried into other people. Ultimately, she decided to move on from the subject and find something else to talk about. If he wanted to tell her, he would. But obviously the time wasn't now.

H-have to you been t-to the church here yet?" she asked him smiling, "It certainly needs some more work d-done, but it's really q-quiet beautiful."
bee
Posted: Aug 31 2010, 07:27 PM

Cliff couldn't help but raise the ends of his mouth a little more at her cheeky grin as well as the comment she left on the church. It certainly was beautiful in a sense, although he found himself more intrigued by the spring. Maybe it was the alluring mist and smell that appealed to him, or maybe she was correct on how it needed more work. If that was the case, perhaps the finished product of the slightly broken down church would leave him more dazzled, but nonetheless, both praying places were a joy to be in. As his thoughts were clearing, he finally realized that all he was doing for the past few seconds was staring into space, his weary gaze finally connecting with her curious one. His mouth gaping a little in embarrassment, a faint blush covered his cheeks as he stammered out on impulse, "U-uh, y-yeah, I've b-been there... I k-kind of l-like it out h-here b-by the spring though... i-it feels like the G-Goddess i-is just... s-sitting beside you. B-but the Church is r-really beautiful too..." Fiddling with his fingers as he spewed out many stutters and pauses, his eyes traced back down to his brown shoes as he awaited another statement by the more outgoing, though only by a little, priestess known as Alisa.

HEY, WORLD. THIS POST WAS WRITTEN FOR THE LOVELY ALISA. THE WORD COUNT IS 219. MY LITTLE CLIFFY-BOY IS WEARING THIS OUTFIT. AIN'T HE JUST A CUTIE? OH, BY THE WAY, THIS IS KIND OF SHORT XD but it's nice to just relax 8D

The Mint Pen
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 08:06 PM

Unregistered

She nodded in agreement, that was half the reason she came out here. It seemed easier to commune with the Goddess when she was out near her own home. Plus, just being out in nature and feeling and seeing her presence at work made her work seem all the more worthwhile.

Alisa couldn't help but laugh a little bit at Cliff's words, it seemed like he was trying to cover up for not commenting on the church first, but she understood why. The poor building was still in such disarray, the occasional window broken, a door off it's hinges, the pews scratched, but it was still a church nonetheless. She smiled at him and said, "It is a l-lot easier to talk with h-her out here isn't i-it?"

A part of the conversation felt weird because she was used to trying to convince people to come to church period. Something that she wasn't good at already, but something she had to do whatever the cost. But with Cliff, it already seemed like he found his church for the moment, and it was here. The Spring did seem like the perfect place to be a church on it's own, and she added that fact. "The Spring is like a church in itself, isn't it?"

bee
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 03:30 PM

Alisa's feminine laugh came out once again, though Cliff took it in a nicer manner, not being offended in anyway. His smile simply perked up, like it would keep on going little by little until it was a bright, toothy one. That was something he never did experience nowadays with people, and now that it was happening... he simply let it be. It would do some good for him anyway. A small chuckle coming out of his quaint mouth, eye contact was finally made as her laughter turned into words. She seemed to frequently stutter like him, though her pauses only came when the sentence or query stopped. Oh, how alike they were, it was admittedly... cute?

"I-it is... T-the Goddess i-is just... m-marvelous." he agreed, realizing that he didn't trail off with his sentence. A gasp almost came out of his lips as he became aware of it, trying to keep his cool. Instead, his mouth was an 'o' shape, which wasn't anything out of the ordinary, right? Haha, of course not! And luckily, she didn't seem to notice as she spoke again, still keeping that broad smile on her lips. Again, he agreed with her and nodded. And.. that was it. Was their conversation over or something? He needed to think of another topic, but nothing came in his empty mind. Pursing his lips to think, he looked up to the sky with broad eyes and began to stress out over the silence that reared its ugly head into the scene once again.

HEY, WORLD. THIS POST WAS WRITTEN FOR THE LOVELY ALISA. THE WORD COUNT IS 255. MY LITTLE CLIFFY-BOY IS WEARING THIS OUTFIT. AIN'T HE JUST A CUTIE? OH, BY THE WAY, BEE RANDOMLY SAYS FINCHEL?

The Mint Pen
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 08:19 PM

Unregistered

It was very nice, and a nice change of pace, to be talking to someone who believed as much as she did. It made her feel like the Goddess was reaching people everywhere, and not just her. That was one of her goals in life, teach as many people as she could about the Goddess. Even if that meant moving away for a little while, even forever. As much as it hurt to leave places she loved and grew attached to, she had to remember her job was far more important that even her happiness sometimes. Though is made her heart sad and heavy, she could tell her face was in a sad expression now as well, it had to be done. She pushed the thoughts aside, this wasn't the time or the place to think about leaving, she still had years of work to be done on the church. Forcing a smile on her face once again she figured the best way to maybe get some more conversation with Cliff would be to have a change of scenery. Although she was extremely nervous about asking him. What if he said no? What then?

"I w-was thinking about t-taking a walk around the i-island. Getting myself better a-acquainted with the island. W-would you like to c-come?"

(Figured they probably need a change of scenery. xD )
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  ADD REPLY:NEW TOPIC:NEW POLL:

QUICK LINKS

CHATTER

STAFF

SPOTLIGHT
TBD

AFFILATE
HM Affiliates
Harvest DreamsHarvest Moon Meadow! Adelaide Village

Vote for LoHM!
RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOMRPF Topsite

Credits
Sidebar: Dana @ RCR
Header: Mimmy @ RCR
Coding Help: RCR
Skin: Vagrant @ Caution! 2.0 Background: The Inspiration Gallery

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3235 seconds | Archive
RPG-D The RPG Collection Zireling KingdomShayz'renth and Beyond > Roleplay FeverCaprice of Dusk
058 skin by nena.luna.serena of BP, RCR, RPGU.