CASTANET ISLAND
Welcome to Light of the Harvest Moon! We are a Harvest Moon based RP forum set on Castanet Island. We have dozens of canon characters from all the games to pick from, but you can always make your own character as well. Feel free to look around our forums and see what insanity the members have been up too.

Slowly, the snow has melted away and the green grass has been poking it's way up. Flowers have begun blooming again, the trees are leafing, and the fish are swimming. However, the entire island is still not at ease. With the continued search for the missing Harvest Sprites, some of the villagers run around frantic worried about what will happen to the island if they don't find all of the sprites. Also, some villagers have noticed that the sea seems...different. Not as gentle as it used to be. However, not that many villagers are worried about it now though. Is it an omen of things to come?


SPRING Y2
5th-11th

Male:Female
47:54
Upcoming Dates
New Years Festival-ONGOING
Flower Festival- Spring 15th
Goddess Festival- Spring 26th


zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Light of the Harvest Moon. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY:NEW TOPIC:NEW POLL:

 Song Birds [E], Event Thread
The Mint Pen
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 07:16 PM


Unregistered









Throughout the years, most villagers have avoided Fugue Forest, and with good reason. With rumors flying around about a witch and a swamp deep in the forest, who wouldn't stay away? But, for those who have entered the forest, sometimes they can hear a sweet faint melody from the song birds that reside in the trees, but only occasionally. In fact, they have gotten so rare, that most of the general public has forgotten about them.

However, it seems that suddenly a huge flock of them have appeared in the forest again! And they are singing louder than ever! Quick! You had better get on down to the forest and hear them before they fly away again.

This is an event thread, meaning ALL members and characters can post in here. HOWEVER, the only rule is, you cannot type over 10 lines per character. Yes, I'm serious. This is meant to be a quick thread and get some plottage and brains moving again. So, post away and be sure to tag people!
Serendipity
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 09:19 PM


let the {r a i n } fall


Group: Hero
Posts: 394
Member No.: 1
Joined: 24-April 10



~ Tell me no lies ~

Fugue Forest - something about it simply called out on that particular day. As the dark-clad young woman walked further and further into the wooded area, the sound of many birds drifted in the air. Melodic, serene, peaceful... perfect.

Iris Noire settled down on the side of a fallen tree, her multicolored eyes widening a bit. Sure, it was day, and sure, she should be sleeping... but sleep could wait. This was... this was beautiful.

"How sweet..."
Pesty
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 10:02 PM


I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3


Group: Farmer
Posts: 66
Member No.: 69
Joined: 1-September 10



The wondrous choir resonates in this unknown forest. Reaver charges well ahead of Tobias as the man walks on, trying to silently take control of his excited dog. In his hand he has a pencil and his journal used to record not only his thoughts and innermost desires, but also to track the wildlife he comes across. Since he wants to make a bestiary for this new home of his he needs to be present to see each new miracle. Tobias looks up in time to see Reaver go rigid, standing still and rounding on a young lady. Uh oh.

Reaver has a foreleg lifted, nose pointed at the unknown female. His ears are perked and his hips do a jig as his tail wags with great force. Tobias comes into the scene carefully, grabbing hold of the dog's collar. With a sheepish smile he nods at the young woman. "Reaver here is harmless, I think he just wanted to play. These birds have got him in a tizzy."

[Dunno if this is too long for this thread~]
Serendipity
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 11:01 PM


let the {r a i n } fall


Group: Hero
Posts: 394
Member No.: 1
Joined: 24-April 10



~ Tell me no lies ~

The pale-haired girl blinked twice, her eyes closing partially after a moment. "There is no need to apologize to me, sir. Your familiar has every right to play. More often then not, people keep their creatures bound in pens and cages, so it is nice to see he is not."

... Ah. That was too much. Perhaps she should better curve her words before opening her mouth. Regardless of that thought, Noire scooted over a bit to make room for the man and his dog. "Were you in the forest when the birds began? ... Or did the sound of the spirits draw you in?"
Pesty
Posted: Sep 1 2010, 11:36 PM


I am Pesto;Pastaaa. <3


Group: Farmer
Posts: 66
Member No.: 69
Joined: 1-September 10



He's impressed to find someone with such airs and graces. Hopefully he won't be some country bumpkin in this new community. At least she isn't afraid of his saluki and seems to invite them to sit. Tobias leaves his backpack near a tuft of grass before sitting down in the offered space with a grateful nod. Reaver flops down across his lap and stretches out his long neck to snuffle at the stranger.

"I could hear their singing and wanted to get here fast enough to do a quick study. I've heard of these local birds but have yet to experience them. It's a wonderful melody." he relaxes against the fallen log, torso extending up past it easily due to his goliath height. Lanky legs sticking out beneath his dove-white dog the man tilts his head back a little. "I've never been to this place...it's astounding."
bee
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 01:36 PM


don't question my oldbag and miles shipping.


Group: Hero
Posts: 418
Member No.: 4
Joined: 24-April 10



CLIFF HANGER.
Rumours about the birds, sometimes addressed as song birds, have spread all over Castanet. Saying that they were rare to find, some even believing it was some myth! Actually, it didn't really go to such an extent. But that really was how hard it was to even see then; imagine how hard it was to hear! And now, an oddity occurred in Fugue Forest, a place Cliff dared not to go to. These song birds... were here. Of course, he was lured into the scene, as it struck much intrigue in him. So, here he was, simply admiring the melody silently and respectfully, big, blue eyes on his face.

DENNY FISK.
"Wow, those birds are amazing!" the tan boy exclaimed with a bright smile. Some hushed him to tone down his holler, as they wanted to listen as well. Promptly obeying their commands, a faint blush spread on his face as he hid in the crowd, walking towards a tree to lean on. It was time to relax and listen to the serene sounds, although Denny wouldn't mind the company... Actually, he wanted to talk to someone, but it seemed like the people around him were too absorbed with the bird's voices. A mix of sadness and happiness tugged on his lips, he kept his eyes attentive as they scrolled around the forest, on the look out for friends.. and not family. Oh, he knew he didn't have any family here!

MAYA FEY.
Oh, what a mysterious forest. Full of moss and animals, while the smell of... some weird odour lingered about. Maya didn't mind, in fact, she liked the oddness of the place, although her true intentions were to see those song birds. But venturing about the place... that wouldn't be so bad! An adventurous grin on her face, she spread her arms as she ran in different directions, looking like a kid. Pure embarrassment if anyone saw her, oh, but she thought she was safe. It didn't seem like anyone was in sight, or so she thought.

CLARICE RIOCARD WITH WHOEVER SHE BUMPED INTO? (random tag, yes 0:)
The beautiful melody that filled the forest air entranced all those inside, including a certain maid by the name of Clarice. Though it would have been safer to go with her family and master, she somehow wandered off on her own and got here; no explanation on how. Nonetheless, she was there, simply entranced with her perked up ears by the singing birds. It seemed to interest her so much that she just wanted a better look, although it seemed a bit impossible with the other villagers in her way. Well, "excuse me" could always work! Oh, but she was a timid one, and maybe that would be a bit rude... and everyone else was listening to, so who was she to interrupt? Yet her thoughts seemed to sink in too much as she advanced with no direction, bumping into someone. Not even looking at their face, she looked down as she apologized, though it was her usual murmur. "O-oh, sorry..."

[ooc: yes, I am bringing the whole gang. THESE EVENTS ARE TOO COOL.]
FrostWynd
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 03:02 PM





Group: Farmer
Posts: 73
Member No.: 40
Joined: 28-June 10



Terra - [TAG // Denny]
With a sketchpad and some pencils in hand, Terra had come here to the forest as well. She wanted to draw the song birds today, she had already gotten some drawings of them, but her attention had moved from the drawings towards her surroundings. People seemed to be enjoying the melodic sounds of the birds, she did too in fact. She hardly expected someone to shout in excitement though, glancing over, she noticed that the other people had shushed him, and he promptly walked away to a tree. She had giggled a little to herself, who wouldn't be excited now that spring was here? It looked like he needed someone to talk to, but she couldn't seem to bring herself to walk over there to do that, so instead she waved to him, hoping to catch his attention.

Neith - [TAG // None Yet D: ]
She didn't really come here to listen to the birds, her sister had wanted to come, so she came along with her. She was actually more interested in sitting in one of the trees so she could think, but that was easier said than done when the forest was littered with tons of birds. And with people coming here to see them, she found it even harder when she knew that the people would get angry at her for trying to get up in a tree. Which was something she didn't need right now, so she was leaning up against the trunk of a tree among the other people, a slightly irritated look on her face. She didn't like birds that much, even if their melody seemed to captivate all who heard them.

Malique - [TAG // None, Gimme One D< ]
He could hear them, and at a much better clarity than the others around here might be hearing. Even if his ears were hidden away under that hat, he could still hear them, with his tail also hidden, he just randomly decided to come here to the forest. He didn't like the fact that people were here, but since the weather has finally started to warm up, being in a place that just felt more normal for him, and that the birds soothing melody was getting to him. Malique was actually in a better mood for once, it was a first that he would be mellowed out today, and he planned to enjoy this day. But that would be if he didn't end up taking a nap first, which he tried to prevent by standing up to lean against a tree. But that didn't seem to work out much as he yawned a bit.

Kross - [TAG // Clarice]
It was easy to notice how other people seemed to be absorbed by the birds, but he wasn't really one of those people. As nice as the sounds were, he just couldn't seem to really get into this sort of thing. It was too... Cheerful, for him. Rather than continue with bothering the birds with his presence, he already started walking away a bit, to keep his distance. It wasn't very expected when something, or rather someone, bumped into him. Glancing over to see who it was, he saw what looked like a maid, who had murmured an apology. "No need to apologize." Speaking almost as quietly, he stepped aside a bit, allowing her to pass.

~~~
OOC - Yes, confusion intended for poor Denny over the twins. :3
bee
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 06:22 PM


don't question my oldbag and miles shipping.


Group: Hero
Posts: 418
Member No.: 4
Joined: 24-April 10



DENNY WITH TERRA.
Hey... was that a wave? Amidst the crowd, a hand was waving, waving towards Denny! Though a little surprised, he grinned and nodded at his bird friend on his shoulder, passing through the crowd while saying 'excuse me.' Yes, he still kept his manners! By the time he made it to the waving hand, he immediately noticed who it was, his mouth forming an 'o'. On impulse, he exclaimed, "Hey, Neith! Whatcha drawing there?" Pointing towards her sketchpad and pencil, his ears perked up as he heard the many 'shh's in his direction. "O-oh, sorry..." Turning around, he looked at the crowd, sweat trickling down the side of his face as his open hands were held by his chest. Guess he forgot about that silent rule!

CLARICE WITH KROSS.
As she heard the person she bumped into speak, she finally looked up with a faint blush to see a man, noticing his black locks of hair covering his eyes. He seemed a little intimidating, and immediately, she bowed her head and spoke once again while shaking her head. "Um, no, I.. I couldn't, sir. It would be rude of me to take... your spot." Biting her lip, she turned her head away from her feet to anothers, distracting herself for no pure reason. More odd things seemed to be happening with her, as she never said so much to a stranger, but with how obedient she was... and how she deemed herself to be in the lower class, she had to respect him, and so, she insisted that she didn't prolong with her advancing. Clarice had a feeling this would be a bad idea...

[ooc: how evil of you >3]
FrostWynd
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 12:42 AM





Group: Farmer
Posts: 73
Member No.: 40
Joined: 28-June 10



OOC - Inorite? >D *shot* xD
~~~~
Terra - [TAG // Denny]
She was glad that she caught his attention, patiently she waited until he managed to get past the crowd, his next reaction had struck her as slightly odd though, what was with the face? What he said next had surprised her a bit, Neith? Had her sister met him before? She didn't know her sister had met anyone, what should she do? It was hard enough now to try and come up with something to say, would it be weird for her to say that she wasn't Neith? She did look very much like her sister, they were twins after all! Plus, her sister was somewhere else among the crowd, quickly she couldn't bring herself to say anything related to that at all, since she didn't want to be pegged as some weirdo. But she didn't even know his name! "Hi...Um, I was just drawing the birds." Lifting up the sketchpad for him to see, maybe it would distract him for a moment, as she would need that moment to think this through...

Kross - [TAG // Clarice]
A bow? Sir? This woman seemed like a very docile person, her manner of speaking and the way she seemed to have been reacting had told him enough. But either way, he insisted that she went ahead. "It's fine, go ahead. You're here to see the birds, correct?" The tone in his voice had hinted nothing, other than sounding wistful. Pretty much everyone else that was here wanted to see the birds, while listening to their song. Except for him...
bee
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 12:26 PM


don't question my oldbag and miles shipping.


Group: Hero
Posts: 418
Member No.: 4
Joined: 24-April 10



DENNY WITH TERRA.
When she raised the notebook at him, hiding her face in the process, he didn't seem to notice her unsure face as he was entranced by her sketch. Although it wasn't complete, it looked pretty good so far, and Denny was a pretty honest guy! Giving a thumbs up as his sign of approval, a quirky grin was plastered onto his face as he commented, "Looks great, Neith! I never knew you were an artist!" Though his enthusiasm boomed out of his chest, his voice was hushed - in a sense - and was happy to hear nothing directed at him. Yes, he understood their warnings...

CLARICE WITH KROSS.
Clarice nodded as he stated that she too was looking at the birds. She was torn on what to do, as she didn't want to take his spot so freely despite his insistence. It seemed like some stubbornness was kicking in, though she tried to form it in words that seemed more polite and kind than rude. "Um... are you sure?" she inquired, her voice like a whisper. It would be hard to hear her voice, as her head was still facing the ground.
FrostWynd
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 03:49 PM





Group: Farmer
Posts: 73
Member No.: 40
Joined: 28-June 10



Terra - [TAG // Denny]
Darn, even if she was given a moment, that moment didn't provide any decent solutions. But what he said was very nice, she couldn't help but smile back at him. "T-thank you." Didn't know? When exactly did her sister meet this guy? And the biggest mystery for her, how much did he even know of her sister? ... Probably not enough if he assumed that she was Neith... She needed to find her sister, so this little charade could end, glancing around for a moment, she thought she saw her sister among the crowd. "Um... Would you excuse me for a moment? I'll be right back, promise." Without waiting for an answer, she quickly disappeared into the crowd, sharply whispering her sister's name in an attempt to find her. But in her rush, she left behind the stuff she had.

Neith - [TAG // Denny >3 ]
As for the other twin, she was still hanging around the same spot, honestly she tried to stay put for a few more minutes, but quickly gave up. She figured it was time to find Terra, so she started to walk, looking around for her, she couldn't seem to find her anywhere, remembering where she was last, Neith turned towards the direction of Terra's last known location. When she started to approach the area, she noticed that Terra wasn't there, but some other familiar face. "Hm...?" Odd, what was he doing over there? And what was on the ground next to him? It took her a moment to notice that sketchpad belonged to her sister. Wait.... What? "Denny?" Was all she could manage to say as she stared at him, a confused look on her face. Technically Terra was gone long enough, so unless Denny noticed that Neith's clothes were different from Terra's, he probably wouldn't realize what was going on...

Kross - [TAG // Clarice]
Yep, seemed he wasn't mistaken about why she was here. He didn't care much if his own spot was taken, but it still seemed that she was hesitant. An almost inaudible whisper was spoken, but he wasn't sure if he heard right. "Hm? If you want to see the birds, then go on." There was nothing stopping her, so why was she being so timid? Well, either way, the spot was free now anyway as he tried to walk past her. "Excuse me..." He whispered as he was trying to distance himself from the birds.
bee
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 04:03 PM


don't question my oldbag and miles shipping.


Group: Hero
Posts: 418
Member No.: 4
Joined: 24-April 10



DENNY NOW WITH NEITH.
The smile he brought to her face made him flash a wide grin in response, still keeping his thumbs up in the air. Denny couldn't help but muse about the fact that Neith seemed a little different. But then again, it had been a season or so since they last saw each other, and he didn't know much about her either! Maybe with this little meeting they could know each other better, but before he knew it, she was gone, not giving him anytime to answer her warning. It didn't take long for her to come back though as he noticed Neith approach him, a confused look on her face. Raising an eyebrow, he nodded and replied, "Yeah, that's me! Anything wrong, Neith?" He didn't notice the fact that her clothing seemed different, as he never observed such tiny details. Pfft.

CLARICE WITH KROSS?
Clarice stammered out inaudible non-words as the dark-haired man left, struggling with the crowd a little. She didn't want to take his spot like this, but then again, that was why she was scuffling through the crowd. Confusion cast over her whole self, she fiddled with her fingers as she stayed in her spot, debating whether she should follow him and apologize for her "ruthless" behavior or stay. Ah, but that would be so distasteful to do that second option. Deciding instantly, she trailed behind the path he left, keeping her distance for some reason.

[ooc: denny is too oblivious, ja~ and i don't know what to do with clarice. xD]
FrostWynd
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 05:38 PM





Group: Farmer
Posts: 73
Member No.: 40
Joined: 28-June 10



Neith - [TAG // Denny]
Anything wrong? Technically, there was something odd about this whole thing. But as far as something being wrong, that would depend on why Terra's stuff was here. She walked over and picked it up, looking for a moment what was on it, apparently she was drawing the birds before it got left here. "Denny, what is my sister's stuff doing here?" She did recall having mentioned her sister to him before, but she had forgotten to mention that they were twins...

Kross - [TAG // Clarice]
Hm... This day involving the birds most certainly didn't suit him very well, so for now he wanted to stay far enough away from them. Eventually he decided to pause and lean against one of the trees. Even if he didn't want to listen to the birds, maybe wandering the forest for a bit wouldn't be such a bad idea. He didn't take much notice towards the woman that happened to oddly enough be following him.

~~~~
OOC - Lol. xD
bee
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 06:12 PM


don't question my oldbag and miles shipping.


Group: Hero
Posts: 418
Member No.: 4
Joined: 24-April 10



DENNY WITH NEITH.
Denny's ears perked up and his eyebrows raised as he heard Neith's query. Already, he answered. "Isn't this your stuff? You just came here and... wait, what's going on?" Narrowing his eyes a little, his gaze shifted from left to right, utterly confused with the situation. Maybe... maybe she had a twin! That seemed like a good idea, but then why, why didn't the first Neith he saw say anything? Hm, maybe this Neith was just confusing him.. or herself.. or both! G'aah, this was such an agonizing topic to think about!

CLARICE WITH KROSS.
A smile almost crept upon her face as Clarice noticed the man she followed stopping at a tree, leaning against it for relaxation. It almost did, but she stifled herself from doing so, luckily. Walking to the front of him, she bowed with her torso fully and apologized, "Sir, I'm sorry for interrupting your time, listening to the birds. This is why I, well, stubbornly resisted taking it. You are free to go back to your spot." Straightening her back as she glanced at the man one last time, she began to walk away with a response, blissful with what she did. But she also found it odd that she seemed to talk so normally with a stranger. All she assumed was that apologies simply worked some sort of magic.

[ooc: denny is now stressed. xD]
FrostWynd
Posted: Sep 3 2010, 07:17 PM





Group: Farmer
Posts: 73
Member No.: 40
Joined: 28-June 10



Neith - [TAG // Denny]
Good question, what was going on? She shook her head in response, did her sister seriously pretend to be her? ... No, she knew her well enough to know that wasn't something she would ever do. "No, this isn't my stuff." Her gaze moved from one area to the next, where the heck did she go? This was problematic, there was no way she could call out to her sister, wherever she was. With an eventual face palm, Neith turned her attention to the now stressed out Denny, looks like she got stuck with having to explain... "Great..." At this rate, he would probably end up going nuts from trying to understand what was going on.

Terra - [TAG // Denny]
Nope, she wasn't here either... After spending too much time already in trying to find her sister, she was left with having to return to that guy, but what was she going to do? Oh... Her brain was wracking with so many thoughts that she felt like she was going to get a headache... Reluctantly she started to return to where Denny was, before Neith could even start with explaining, Terra had showed up, her eyes sparkled with happiness when she saw her sister. "Sis!" She squeaked, the guy was right there too, she somehow felt that this was going to get weird...

Kross - [TAG // Clarice]
He hardly looked surprised when the woman came up to him, but she seemed really intent on refusing to take the spot. Kross didn't feel very inclined to persist with the matter, but even if she offered back the spot, he didn't plan on going back. With her just walking away like that though, without even getting a chance to see them? He couldn't really see the logic behind that. "You're going to pass up what might be your only chance to see this many song birds?" He did hear that they were rare, especially a flock of that size. He simply just wanted to point that out to her.

~~~~
OOC - Poor Denny. xD
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  ADD REPLY:NEW TOPIC:NEW POLL:


 
QUICK LINKS

CHATTER

STAFF

SPOTLIGHT
TBD

AFFILATE
HM Affiliates
Harvest DreamsHarvest Moon Meadow! Adelaide Village



Vote for LoHM!
RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOMRPF Topsite


Credits
Sidebar: Dana @ RCR
Header: Mimmy @ RCR
Coding Help: RCR
Skin: Vagrant @ Caution! 2.0 Background: The Inspiration Gallery


Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0646 seconds · Archive
RPG-D The RPG Collection Zireling KingdomShayz'renth and Beyond > Roleplay FeverCaprice of Dusk
058 skin by nena.luna.serena of BP, RCR, RPGU.