I visited Canobie Lake Park on May 3, 2014, opening day.
- I got to the park at about 11:15 am. The weather was warm and sunny, though it got overcast later in the afternoon. Crowds were sparse, especially considering the nice weather. The park looked beautiful and ready for the season.
- The entrance moose is gone.
- Yankee Cannonball was pretty much a walk-on all day.
- Signs at the ticket booth said that Xtreme Frisbee and Wave Blaster were closed today. Wave Blaster was actually disassembled, with pieces in various places.
- The Frozen Delite stand is now The Melt House grilled cheese stand, though the old building signs and theming are still in place. Grilled cheese sandwiches are available starting at $6.99 including chips and a pickle. Apparently, the chips are homemade. The stand also sells tomato soup, $5.25 for a cup.
- The Canobie Express train was newly painted.
- The International Food Festival stands have been reworked. The leftmost window is still Cotton Candy and Popcorn. However, all of the remaining windows now serve the same menu, basically all the separate, old menus combined into one new menu. All items available at any window. Hot Dog, $3.00. Philly Cheesesteak, $8.95. Italian Sausage, $5.95. Personal Pizza, $5.50. Natural Cut Fries, $4.95. Baked Potato, $4.50, toppings $0.75. Soda $2.75. Prices do not include NH state meals tax.
- There's now a giant hot dog and a Pepsi can on top of the International Food Festival stands. I can't remember if they are new this year?
- Dippin Dots are $4.75.
- There's now a new ACE Roller Coaster Landmark plaque installed at the Yankee Cannonball fountain.
- Pinball survey, Palace Arcade: AC/DC, Pirates of the Caribbean, NASCAR, Shrek, Simpsons Pinball Party, Elvis, Monster Bash, Lord of the Rings, Addams Family (out of order), Spider-Man, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Twilight Zone (out of order), Hi-Speed, Star Wars, Star Trek: the Next Generation (out of order), Whirlwind, Space Invaders, F-14 Tomcat, Revenge From Mars, Wizard of Oz. No pinball at the Wooden Nickel Arcade. The Lakeside Arcade (Boathouse Casino) was closed. Jackpot Casino was closed.
- There's a new "The Magic Seed" farm area behind Untamed. I think that it will be where this year's Screeemfest kiddie area will be located.
- The rock wall at Old Man of the Mountain is gone, though the fencing and sign are still there.
- The Carousel has a new coppery-looking roof. There were two employees running the ride, one at the control booth and one riding standing on the ride during the cycle.
- The Over the Rainbow balloons were missing their netting.
- Those colorful plastic chairs by Autobahn are made by Design of Love
- The Equinox back/side mural is now entirely painted.
- Half of the Caterpillar ride has a new, colorful mural painted on it.
- I think that Mini Scooters has new, fantastic-beast, heraldic theming as well.
- Portofino seemed to have a new, more-limited menu. I don't know if this is just temporary for the spring season or if it is permanent. Chicken Parmesan is no longer on the menu.
- Flower Power had a colorful, new paint job. The mushrooms have been fixed.
- Crazy Cups went down for maintenance sometime during the day.
- The Tropical Chillers stand is now in full operation. I'm not sure if I previously saw it when it was running.
- Mine of Lost Souls cars seem to be are newly-painted, with a "Golden Company" theme.
- The Pitcher's Challenge rules are now "Guess the speed of your 3rd ball and
pitch a strike to win a prize." 3 baseballs for $2.
I have 216 photos from my visit available for viewing in this gallery
. Below are some highlights.
You can view the rest of the 216 photos from my May 3, 2014 visit to Canobie Lake Park
"Canobie. Itís always fun! It's so much fun, it's so much fun! So much fun!"