InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to CanobieFan. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pre season report, My First Day of Work!
kpmcman
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 11:37 PM

Equinox

Group: Members
Member No.: 535

As some people may know I am working at the park in the maintenance department this summer. I am very excited for this job! it should be alot of fun and I hope to meet a lot of people from the site. Ill be in maintenance blue most likely with a bruins hat on. Come say hi if you see me!
With this being said, this may be one of my last posts on this site for a while because I am an employee now. sad.gif

So on to the update:

Yankee Cannonball received some replacement wood on the supports for the first turn.
-There is also some flooding near the station due to the heavy rain, but it should be cleared by opening day

There was a major overhaul on the Xtreme Frisbee in the offseason
-new ride cycle/programming-looks to go higher and spin slightly faster than before
-today i worked on fixing restraints and installing lights
-restraints no longer slam upwards when the ride is over

Saw the Zero Gravity testing
-Did not see any other rides testing but heard that many had been tested

And now for the best part of the day!
-After we finished on the frisbee, we had to shut down Untamed for the night( i was in a group with 3 other people. 1 new employee like me, and 2 returning employees). As we walk into the station he asks me and the other new person if we want a ride! Then I got to go down into the maintenance area and transfer track and then actually underneath the ride behind the station! it was an awesome end to my first day

Ill try and give updates, like for ride closing and scheduled opening on the forum, if I can but I cant give away any secrets from the park

Look forward to meeting up with many of you this summer and working making the park we all enjoy a fun and safe place for everyone!
industrial kid
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 01:36 AM

The darkness of Canobie fan forum!

Member No.: 320

Sounds good!

--------------------

RAMMSTEIN FUR IMMER
mrceagle
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 01:12 PM

Site's Number 1 Poster

Member No.: 90

Thanks for the general update. I will definitely keep a look out for you when I visit.

I can see your reasoning for not posting too much. but as long as your not giving away anything to personal within the park you should be fine.
Thrillride93
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 01:29 PM

^That rides scary

Member No.: 567

congratulations on the new job man!!

--------------------
wipeoutfan
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 03:19 PM

Professional Banana since forever.

Member No.: 800

Sweet! I'm excited about Frisbee.
kpmcman
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:45 PM

Equinox

QUOTE (mrceagle @ Apr 24 2012, 01:12 PM)
Thanks for the general update. I will definitely keep a look out for you when I visit.

I can see your reasoning for not posting too much. but as long as your not giving away anything to personal within the park you should be fine.

Ya my supervisor mentioned no posting pics or anything on facebook to me today as I went into some restricted areas so I don't know if they saw this post or not....im just gonna be careful cuz I still wanna participate in the forum
mrceagle
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 07:44 PM

Site's Number 1 Poster

LOL, you mean the restricted areas that are in my Nor eater trip report.

general updates, ride down time should be OK. just don't say why, that they tend not to like.
kpmcman
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:21 AM

Equinox

QUOTE (mrceagle @ Apr 24 2012, 07:44 PM)
LOL, you mean the restricted areas that are in my Nor eater trip report.

general updates, ride down time should be OK. just don't say why, that they tend not to like.

Wheres the trip report? I dont think I ever saw that one.

But ill be in restricted areas all the time, like in the messy stuff. I assume they dont want pictures because of patents and such. they dont want that info out there.

Ill probably spend alot of time in the forums in the ride closure tally section. I can give updates pretty much everyday.
mrceagle
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 01:02 PM

Site's Number 1 Poster

here are the photos from that event:

http://photos.newwhalom.com/Trip%20Reports...easter2011.html

this is the employe briefing room, maintenance area, cannonball area, employee entrance area.
kpmcman
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 01:30 PM

Equinox

How much did those SROS Golden ticket banners go for? That would be pretty cool to have one of those
smartcanobiekid
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 08:55 PM

Equinox

Member No.: 861

I noticed you menioned a Bruins hat, but I worked for the park a couple years ago and only Canobie issued hat were permitted, so unless maintenance is different I don't believe we'll see you in a Bruins hat. But, congrats on the job! Do you have prior maintenance experience?
kpmcman
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 10:29 AM

Equinox

QUOTE (smartcanobiekid @ Apr 25 2012, 08:55 PM)
I noticed you menioned a Bruins hat, but I worked for the park a couple years ago and only Canobie issued hat were permitted, so unless maintenance is different I don't believe we'll see you in a Bruins hat. But, congrats on the job! Do you have prior maintenance experience?

Well Ive only been there for the offseason so we havnt really needed official uniforms. I guess I wont be wearing it then, which is fine now that theyre out of the post season sad.gif ...ill have to post a pic of myself

...and thanks! I honestly dont have any meantenance experience, but I have worked aroung heavy machinery though. Im more of a mechanics helper, so I do the dirty jobs no one wants to do haha...but i also just shadow the other guys and learn as I go along. My hope someday is to design amusement park rides and so working on the rides I get to see how they work on the inside which is both informative and very cool to see. These rides are a lot more complicated than they seem!
mrceagle
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 12:17 AM

Site's Number 1 Poster

QUOTE (kpmcman @ Apr 25 2012, 01:30 PM)
How much did those SROS Golden ticket banners go for? That would be pretty cool to have one of those

I think it was around $125 each. almost all fo them were bought by a member of the Sfneonline fan site.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1093 seconds | Archive
CanobieFan