InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to CanobieFan. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Canobie Fun Facts!, Post any cool or not well known facts!
kpmcman
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 11:30 PM

Equinox

Group: Members
Member No.: 535

Im making this thread for people to share facts about the park that people may not know. I'm thinking some of the older fans could share their memories of the park so that the younger fans can know what the park was once like.

Also, anything in or around the park that people may not notice should be posted here!!
industrial kid
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 01:41 AM

The darkness of Canobie fan forum!

Member No.: 320

All the spider webs on the catipiller? lol

Also how lazy Canobie is to change the railings left over from the long never forgotten paratrooper!

eh I know not funny but, I felt I had to say it.

--------------------

RAMMSTEIN FUR IMMER
Paul9251
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 11:43 AM

Mine of Lost Souls

Member No.: 793

Well, I know nobody would of ever thought of because it is extremely random. But I am an aspiring electrician and can't leave the house so here it is.

The exit signs at Canobie are very interesting. It used to be mostly 'Lithonia' brand signs in the late 90's early 2000's. When I was little I always got scared riding psycho drome not because of the ride but because all that was visible was the lithonia brand EXIT sign and the light from the crack of the door. I always thought my car would fly right out of the double doors.
user posted image

Then from the time the new entrance was built all the new signs around the park were mostly Thomas & Betts brand. These ones can also be seen in the Dancehall Theater, the haunts building, the mens and probably womans restroom too next to Boston Harbor patrol, bear lodge, replaced a sign in pyscho drome and the portifino reasturant and the midway arcade (Palace is the name I think) Theres probably many other places these signs are I just can't think of them.
user posted imageuser posted image

In vertigo theater and the both arcades Dual Lite signs were in place. Then the one in vertigo theater was moved and one of the signs in the arcade on the midway was replaced.
user posted image

Then for scream fest these black combo signs were put into the haunted houses and later the mine of lost souls. The signs replaced in the mine were from the late 80's early 90's (obviously since that's when the ride was built) and they were all the same except for the one at the very end of the ride which must have been added from sally corps refurb.
user posted image

Now all the new signs are mostly the new brand that are popping up not just at Canobie. These ones can be seen in the untamed station, bear lodge and bear lodge bathrooms. The ones in untamed station look like they were spray painted black but I could be wrong.
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0574 seconds | Archive
CanobieFan