zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to CanobieFan. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

KIDDIE RANCH SAUGAS MA, does anyone remember??
freddy freemeal
Posted: Jul 27 2006, 11:03 PM

Canobie Fan!

Group: Members
Member No.: 283

Kiddie Ranch Saugus does any parents or grandparents remember this place on Route 1 in Saugas Ma. Also the kiddie ride park at North Shore Shopping Center, Rte. 114 Peabody Ma.
Ferret
Posted: Jul 28 2006, 07:12 AM

Lucky # 13

Member No.: 275

i dont remember those, but i do remember when teh Willows in Salem had real rides. And my parent shave stories about Pleasure Island in Wakefield. I got some pics there a few years ago during a drought you can see remnants of the old rides.

--------------------
Ferret is tall
Ferret no longer has purple hair sad.gif
Ferret likes motorcycles
Ferret is female
Ferret needs a vacation
James
Posted: Jul 28 2006, 10:03 AM

Can-of-Pea's FAN!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Ferret @ Jul 28 2006, 08:12 AM)
And my parent shave stories about Pleasure Island in Wakefield.

My mom had been to PI when it was still a park.. I have been a few times now to get photos of where it was.
I also have a pack of like 8 post cards from the place.. And I have this DVD of like "what we did over summer vacation" and it has this like 15min part about PI (also has SFStl,SDC, and some other random parks)

--------------------
user posted image
Frisbee ride count - 39
www.CanobieFan.com
NHDEN
Posted: Aug 21 2006, 10:28 PM

Canobie Fan!

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (freddy freemeal @ Jul 27 2006, 11:03 PM)
Kiddie Ranch Saugus does any parents or grandparents remember this place on Route 1 in Saugas Ma. Also the kiddie ride park at North Shore Shopping Center, Rte. 114 Peabody Ma.

OMG, I never noticed this post before. When I was a small boy my parents took me and my brother to Kiddie Ranch ALL THE TIME!. It was s small park, mostly carnival type rides that was permenantly set up. The land now is a small shipping plaza. One day my parents took me to Kiddie Ranch and when we got there, they were packing it up on trucks... I started to cry, so my father quickly got on Rt1 north to 128 North and then I had my first trip to Kiddie Town at the North Shore Shopping Center. I was like Kiddie Ranch but even BETTER. There I rode my first Ferris Wheel! I don't know what Kidde Town closed and where those rides went. Sad Sad Sad..........
NHDEN
Posted: Aug 21 2006, 10:33 PM

Canobie Fan!

QUOTE (Ferret @ Jul 28 2006, 07:12 AM)
i dont remember those, but i do remember when teh Willows in Salem had real rides. And my parent shave stories about Pleasure Island in Wakefield. I got some pics there a few years ago during a drought you can see remnants of the old rides.

Pleasure Island............... I grew up in Wakefield and my parents took me there once. I didn't live far from the park and I can remember that at Christmas Time they would light it up with lights... you could see some of it from Rt 128. There was a big space ship in the parking lot too. When the park closed many of "US" local kids would ride our bike to the property and hop the fense to explore the park. It's too bad that some of the people that trespassed also set it on fire and destroyed other things.. It was a very unique place and if it was around today it would be a first class park. I learned to drive in the Pleasure Island abandoned parking lot. biggrin.gif
James
Posted: Aug 21 2006, 10:49 PM

Can-of-Pea's FAN!

QUOTE (NHDEN @ Aug 21 2006, 11:33 PM)
I grew up in Wakefield

lol.. I live in Melrose cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Frisbee ride count - 39
www.CanobieFan.com
freddy freemeal
Posted: Aug 21 2006, 11:55 PM

Canobie Fan!

Member No.: 283

When I was growing up my parents for the most part didn't have a car. So in my childhood I actually missed really seeing Pleasure Island, or Kiddie Ranch in Saugus. The reason for my starting the topic was to find people out there who have or would post pictures. I did visit the kiddie land at the North Shore Shopping Center. After they took the rides out, you could still go by and see the markings on the ground marking where the rides were located. smile.gif F.M.
Ferret
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 07:49 AM

Lucky # 13

Member No.: 275

My parents are from malden, my cousins live in Melrose and Im from North Reading. When my dad was a teenager there were some steam trains sitting at a trainyard in malden/ melrose that were waiting to go to PI. He wandered thru and somehow came out with the light of the back of one of the tenders (he claims it just happend, but I think he had to have had tools) THe lite hung in our family room for decades... till he found the steam engine it came from at a train museum we were at and sent it to them.

Where on rt 1 was kiddie ranch? "small shopping plaza there now" describes most of rt 1. smile.gif

I do remember Circus Playhouse on rt 1 though....

--------------------
Ferret is tall
Ferret no longer has purple hair sad.gif
Ferret likes motorcycles
Ferret is female
Ferret needs a vacation
James
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 10:17 AM

Can-of-Pea's FAN!

My mom had told me about a kiddie park on US1 thats was next to where the mall is now (I guess just before the high school)
where the Party City and Autozone are.?

--------------------
user posted image
Frisbee ride count - 39
www.CanobieFan.com
NHDEN
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 12:34 PM

Canobie Fan!

QUOTE (James @ Aug 23 2006, 10:17 AM)
My mom had told me about a kiddie park on US1 thats was next to where the mall is now (I guess just before the high school)

That is EXACTLY where it was............ I did a google and came up with a few pics from Kiddie Land Saugus...

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
NHDEN
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 01:17 PM

Canobie Fan!

QUOTE (NHDEN @ Aug 23 2006, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (James @ Aug 23 2006, 10:17 AM)

That is EXACTLY where it was............ I did a google and came up with a few pics from Kiddie Land Saugus...

Here's the other pic... I wish I could find ones that really show the park... but I do remember these rides vividly....

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3093 seconds | Archive
CanobieFan