Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Chat - Saturday, February 25, 2012, It's the weekend!
catM
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 04:54 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,495

user posted image
catM
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 05:14 AM

Advanced Member

It is supposed to be a beautiful day here - 61F/16C. I just hope there is no wind. I am hoping to get out for a while today. After sleeping most of the last 2 day, I feel like I need to clear out the cobwebs. ROFL_sm.gif

Katie, thanks for keeping us up to date on Mina. I keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Peetie, the prince is in my prayers as well.
Naturegal
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 05:51 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

GOOD MORNING FROM THE NESTS...............

SEQUOYAH TRIPLETS Zz.gif user posted image

user posted image user posted image
OZARKS.......................................................................................BLACKWATER....................

ALCOA......................................................................................PA NORFOLK.....................

EGG #3 AT DECORAH.........................................
Naturegal
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 05:54 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

Hi Cat - Hope you are feeling better Xfingers.gif Have fun clearing out those cobwebs biggrin.gif

LaLa - Gorgeous photos of the Golden Eagle Camera_Bug.gif wub.gif
catM
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 06:41 AM

Advanced Member

I finally got around to openning a package that arrived Thursday. Two bowls I ordered from the e auction site to replace two that were chipped. The bowls are perfect, but the real excitement is that the seller packed the bowls in his local newspapers. I love reading other towns' papers. ROFL_sm.gif
petra
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 06:57 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 38

CATM SWEETIE HOW ARE YOU ???

NICE HUH ANOTHER NEWSPAPER ROFL_sm.gif ROFL_sm.gif ROFL_sm.gif
catM
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 07:03 AM

Advanced Member

I am doing OK. Still a little sore along the vein she worked on Thursday.
amethyst
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 07:07 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,325

GOOD MORNING!

...hoping everyone is as well as they can be!!!! huggie.gif
petra
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 07:17 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (catM @ Feb 25 2012, 07:03 AM)
I am doing OK. Still a little sore along the vein she worked on Thursday.

OKAY SWEETIE THATS GOOD TO HEAR HOPE THAT THAT LITTLE SORE AT YOUR VEIN IS OVER REALLY SOON TOO

huggie.gif huggie.gif huggie.gif huggie.gif huggie.gif
Artsy Mom
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 08:23 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,026

It's user posted image Peeps

It's still COLD here -13C/9F and doesn't look too promising for much warmer today sad.gif

My little squirrel buddy has not ventured down the tree for brekkies yet this morning. I think he has a lot stashed in his nest larder tongue.gif
marshaz
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 08:42 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 640

GOOD SATURDAY MORNING CRUZERS!

READ THE POSTS FROM YESTERDAY LATE LAST YESTERDAY, AFTER WORK. WAS REALLY TIRED AFTER SUBBING AT MIDDLE SCHOOL. CAN YOU IMAGINE BEING WITH 150 MID SCHOOL KIDS ALL DAY LONG! wacko.gif

PEETIE, THAT IS SUCH SAD NEWS ABOUT THE PRINCE. crying.gif HOW TERRBILY TRAGIC.

ES, ENJOY YOUR PARADE!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES TO RIVER/JACKIE. bdcake.gif
jeannec
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 08:43 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 929

Cat - good morning and hope you feel better soon!

Lala those are very nice pictures of the eagle. Which Lumix did you say you bought? Thought you said 23x but did not find that. Is it waterproof?

Simone, how is everything? Hope you and your horses are doing better today.
marshaz
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 08:46 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 640

CATM, IF YOU HAVE SLEPT MOST OF THE LAST 2 DAYS, THAT MEANS YOU NEEDED THE REST.

THANKS CAROLE, AS ALWAYS FOR THE EAGLE UPDATES. I GUESS LITTLE ONE ON SEQUOYAH IS HANGING IN THERE WITH THE BIGGER SIBLINGS.

GUESS I'LL GO CHECK OUT THE NESTS. wavey.gif
Artsy Mom
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 09:29 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,026

Pair rescue cub they discovered walking on road

Greg Jensen (holding the young black bear) and Derek Amerongen fed and housed the animal in a chicken coop until the Assiniboine Park Zoo agreed to give it a temporary home in its new centre for polar bears.

Posted by: Jenny Ford 02/24/2012 Winnipeg Free Press

"I noticed this little black thing running along the side of the road," he said. "I thought it was someone walking their dog at first. I came up closer and I saw it wasn't a dog, it was a black bear." The bear looked malnourished, and he knew it was unusual for a bear to be out this time of year. "She was very dazed and tired-looking and looked like she was on the move lots".

Figuring the bear must be orphaned, they followed its tracks through the woods. They found no signs of a mother bear.
Jensen used a thick jacket to grab the bear by the scruff of its neck.
(It was put into a dog kennel for transport and then housed in a chicken coop which it escaped from and had to be recaptured)

Manitoba Conservation and Water Stewardship went to get the bear on Wednesday morning after finding a home for it at the zoo.

"For us, it didn't make sense not to help this animal out," said Tim Sinclair-Smith, director of zoological operations at the zoo. He said he suspects the bear is orphaned. The zoo didn't expect its new centre for polar bear cubs would have a black bear as its first guest, but Sinclair-Smith said it's a good opportunity to test the facilities.

"There's one good thing about black bears," he said. "They're very good climbers, they're very inquisitive, and they'll definitely test our facilities. If there's any weak spots, they'll definitely find them."

Currently, the bear is quarantined for 30 days until her medical work is complete. She'll then be able to roam around the facilities until they can find an accredited zoo as her new home, Sinclair-Smith said.

Bill Watkins, a biodiversity conservation zoologist for Manitoba Conservation, said the bear shouldn't have been picked up by people.

"We encourage people to leave wildlife alone," he said. "This is a bit unique, because you don't see black bears out in the winter very often, but in the summer, a lot of mother animals leave their young alone while they go off to feed. Just because you see an animal alone doesn't mean it's an orphan."
petra
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 09:37 AM

Advanced Member

PENNY AWESOME THAT THEY CAN CATCH THAT CUB .........WOW

thumbUp.gif thumbUp.gif thumbUp.gif thumbUp.gif thumbUp.gif
« Next Oldest | Daily Chat | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0968 seconds | Archive