InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Forum Members' Biographies ... A To D, Bios/Photos of Discussion Group Members.
Cumbrian
Posted: Nov 24 2007, 10:23 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 63

adklaurie

Hi. My name is Laurie. I'm an Eagleholic. I was born December 11, 1962 in Plattsburgh, NY on the AirForce base. I've been an Adirondacker all my life. The beauty of the Adirondacks never stops taking my breath away. I work at our home town community college as a secretary for the Academic department. I enjoy working with the faculty and the students. I must, I've been there for almost 20 years!!
I'm married to my wonderful husband Ron since July 3, 1999. He's been a paid fire/rescue driver at the local fire/resuce department for over 20 years. I have one step son Ray. He just turned 14 today actually. He's a great kid. He enjoys playing baseball, lacrosse, football and just recently joined a gym and is working on weightlifting.

I became interested in eagles about 4 years ago when I saw my first ever live mature bald eagle. I became an eagleholic two years ago at our camp on Oseetah Lake. I was sitting on the dock one morning and happened to look up and see a bald eagle flying low over the water coming right towards me. WOW. Was I ever hooked. What an incredible experience. Thats about when I found the Maine Eagle cam and later found this sight as well. I was a lurker for a long time, mostly because I tend to be a little shy. I'm so glad I found this forum and more EAGLEHOLICS. You all Rock.

Love to all you Eagleholics.
--------------------------------
Laurie
Saranac Lake, New York

user posted image

Cumbrian
Posted: Feb 26 2008, 08:28 PM

Advanced Member

Catahoulamom

HI .. I'm Sue from Lancaster, CA. I discovered the WE eagle cam last year and have been hooked ever since.

My favorite hobby is Photography and would love to photo some eagles in the future.

---------------------
Sue
Lancaster, CA

user posted image

http://catahoulacaptures.smugmug.com/galle...2013_ffk9Y-A-LB
Cumbrian
Posted: Feb 26 2008, 08:55 PM

Advanced Member

betsy

Hi. My name is Betsy and I live in Colorado Springs, CO.

We first saw bald eagles close to our home and we've been hooked ever since. We took a cruise land tour to Alaska 2 years ago and it was so awesome to see all the bald eagles there. Both in Alaska and the Yukon Territory.

We raise and show German Shorthair Pointers. We have 3 children. Our oldest son is a chef in San Francisco. Our daughter is a nurse in San Francisco, and our youngest son lives right here in CS and he has 2 children.

I love watching the cams. Starting watching the Norfolk cam last year and was hooked. Started watching this year and was told about the Channel Island cams.

Still a little shy about posting what I observe but give me time. tongue.gif

---------------------
Betsy
Colorado Springs, CO

user posted image
Me .. and DH Charlie .. on cruise to Alaska
Cumbrian
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 05:03 PM

Advanced Member

Birdegg

My name is Robin and I have lived in Santa Barbara, CA, within view of Santa Cruz Island, since 1974. I attended UCSB, graduating with BAs in Environmental Studies and Cultural Anthropology, returning later to get my teaching credential. I spent the summers following my freshman and junior years (1981 and 82) as a volunteer naturalist on Anacapa Island for the National Park Service. I visited Santa Cruz Island for the first time in 1981 and fell in love. That year, I learned about an internship on the island but it was only for juniors and seniors. I would have to wait and be satisfied with the little island, before moving up.

My junior year at UCSB, I attended a career forum. There were a number of people from all sorts of agencies talking about their jobs in the environmental field. One was a naturalist for The Nature Conservancy’s Santa Cruz Island Preserve. I remember raising my hand and asking him how he got his job. That was 1983. Within months, he was my thesis advisor and immediately after graduating, I became a volunteer for the Preserve. By 1987, I had his job: I was a seasonal preserve naturalist for The Nature Conservancy, leading educational hikes on Santa Cruz Island. That was my weekend job April to November for the nest 12 years. I also developed the exhibits in the tiny Lookout above Prisoners’ Harbor. In exchange for my hundreds of volunteers hours, I was given a 9-day stay in a cabin on the island’s north shore. Can you say heaven?!

In addition to working for TNC, I paid my bills by teaching elementary school, working at the local natural history museum, and writing curriculum. I officially retired from the Conservancy in 2000. I’m currently raising a teenager, a border collie-Plott hound mix dog, and a rescue kitten. My son grew up visiting Santa Cruz Island and in his short lifetime of only 15 years, personally experienced the radical drop in island fox numbers. He has witnessed the extinction process. Fortunately, he has also seen what good management can do to turn things around. I feel like a family member’s health has been restored now that the pigs are gone, the golden eagles are gone, and the foxes and balds are back. And are they ever!

--------------------
~:> )=O
Robin
Santa Barbara, CA

Photograph requested
Cumbrian
Posted: Apr 12 2008, 08:03 PM

Advanced Member

armkar1

Hi I'm Armkar1/Karen... I'm currently a Homemaker/Mother of two Grown Boys/Nana to 5 Grandchildren 4 Boys and 1 Girl.
Enjoy Eagles/Whales/Dolphins....Well to be honest I'm just a total Animal Lover. lol

Hobbies include Crochet, Knitting, Reading, And Of Course Eagle/Eaglet Watching!

I currently live in Manchester, WA. with My Husband Armand in a wonderful house we own. Our Oldest Son Young Armand is in the Navy and is currently stationed at Bangor NS in Silverdale, WA. He and his beautiful wife and two Sons Cameron 11, and Adrian 4 3/4, live about 5 streets away from us in a house that they own.

Our Youngest Son Aaron and his beautiful wife and 3 children, Shaun 10, & The Twins Adrianna 2 & Zechariah 2, live in West Sacramento, CA.

I was born in Phoenix, Az 9/9/54 and when I was 6 weeks old my parents brought me to Fairfield, CA. where I lived until My Husband and I knew that retirement was coming and we needed to find a place where we could afford to live on retirement income. Unfortunately, California was out of our league by this time.
Washington won since we could buy a house there that would be our last with the sell of our CA home. We moved here to Manchester, WA 4 yrs ago this month (April).
We are very happy here, although I don't get to see the sun as much as I have been accustomed too. lol Don't miss the 110 degree summers though! lol The temps here in the summer usually are in the 70's but no more than 90 but those are rare.

I guess that is about all I can think of except that I feel God has really blessed me with a wonderful Husband and Children including the daughter-in-laws, they are more like Daughters to me. Last but not least God blessed me with 5 wonderful and healthy Grandbabies!
------------------
Karen
Manchester, WA.

user posted image
This is a picture of Myself and Husband Armand.

click on photo to enlarge.
Cumbrian
Posted: May 3 2008, 07:14 PM

Advanced Member

Artsy Mom

wavey.gif Hi fellow eagleholics, My name is Penny and I have to say I am happy to be a member of this forum after lurking for a very long time.

I currently live in Winnipeg with my husband Allan and have one son who is in Montreal attending McGill University. Both of them are very tolerant and slightly bemused by my eagle obsession. LOL. A friend recently pointed out to me that she is not surprised because I have a lot of 'bird' related items in my home and to tell you the truth I never fully realized that before. Must have been some kind of subliminal thing for a lot of years!!!

We have only one pet at the moment, our Yorkie Siobhan, who is tiny enough to travel with us. Previously there have been a German Shepard, a Doberman, a miniature Schnauzer and various and sundry parakeets, canaries, gerbils and fish who have all crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. I am originally from Vancouver BC and my DH is from Montreal.

In the past I have worked for The Winnipeg Art Gallery in their Studio Programs Dept, owned an antique store for 14 years, was a partner in an art company selling original paintings and limited edition prints by Native artists, owned a company producing jewelery made by Native Americans on both sides of the border and for several years managed an art gallery for the Manitoba Crafts Council showcasing fine craft made by juried Manitoba artists. Hence my forum name Artsy Mom.

I saw my first online nest when a friend emailed me a link to the Hornby eagles. When I clicked on it, there I was right in the nest with Pa Hornby who was doing the Hornby shuffle getting comfortable on their eggs. It was just amazing to see those eagles so up close and personal. Needless to say I was totally hooked from then on. My first look at IWS nest cams came just before Limuw was old enough to be banded. I watched that event too and along with everyone else I was totally devastated when Fireman Michael called IWS with the sad news of Limuw's untimely demise.

Since my DH and I are now spending the worst months of our Prairie winter in CA it was only logical to get together with the Cruzers in Santa Barbara while Hula was meeting and greeting the forum members. I really felt like I already 'knew' most of them anyway from viewing the Daily Chat thread for so long. We were immediately treated like 'one of the family' and enjoyed being there so much, especially on such a momentous day as the WE chick fostering into the nest with the 'surprise' chick already in it. Thanks Jann for my first eagle beanie and Kay for the bag of eagle goodies, Bee for the See's chocolate 'eagle' egg and Hula for the Hawaiian treats. Cruzers certainly know how to have a really good time when they get together. Thanks also to Dr. Sharpe and Steff who provided those amazing 'dive bombing' videos of the WE fostering event. It was a very exciting day.

I'm looking forward to a long association with this forum and hope to meet many more of you in the future. It is very gratifying to be part of a group who are dedicated to the restoration of not only Bald Eagles to the Channel Islands but also other indigenous creatures like Island foxes too. biggrin.gif
----------------------
Penny
Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada

user posted image
DH and I on the Big Island in Hawaii last year.
Click on the photo to enlarge
Cumbrian
Posted: May 20 2008, 11:57 PM

Advanced Member

Cloudbursting

Hi Everyone,

It's great to be here. After the horrifying events of yesterday, I thought it was time I posted my bio. My heart goes out to Skye and Spirit, K-10 and K-26. I am so thankful for the wonderful work IWS does and the folks who watch (I am becoming and eagleholic myself). This validates my belief that the Internet can be this wonderful place for community and making change in the world. I am writing from Lawrence, Kansas. I am an English professor. I work from home for an online university, so I get to have the cams on anytime I like, which is very very nice.

My partner and I have been watching eagles who spend time here over the winter, and are now watching three different nesting pairs here in Lawrence. One is at nearby Clinton State Park, another is on the Kansas River, and one (not far from the Kansas River) is in a tree near a farm pond next to chemical plant—go figure. I found this site when I was looking for more information on eagles, and wondering if anyone had a cam where we could see more of what is taking place inside the nest. I was thrilled to find IWS.

Two of the eaglets we're watching here look to be about nine-ten weeks. They are doing their wing exercises and some branching. It's very exciting. Fortunately, we have a camera with a long lens, so we can do a lot of observing from a distance. When we upload the photos at home, we zoom in to see more of what is happening in the nests. I have posted quite a few pictures here: http://www.writingforourlives.com/

Again, I am delighted to have found IWS, the cams and great people who support them. I have become a member myself, ordered a couple of t-shirts, and plan to do more in the future. It's great to be here! biggrin.gif

-------------
Chris
Lawrence, Kansas.

user posted image
Cumbrian
Posted: May 23 2008, 11:13 PM

Advanced Member

acandzoey

Hello, my name is Alison, and I live Saint Helens, Oregon. I'm an accountant for a private timber company in downtown Portland. I first became interested in watching raptor/eagle cams when I discovered that the Red-Tailed Hawk nest on the KGW Raptor Cam was on the building across the street from mine, and I can see it from my office window. Then I discovered the WVEC Eagle Cam, and this site, and now I'm officially hooked! wub.gif

I'm originally from Seal Beach, California, and moved to the Oregon Coast in 1977. I went to the University of Oregon, where I studied Political Science and Eastern European Studies. I then joined the U.S. Navy in 1990. I was stationed in New Orleans for four years, and was a reserve police officer for the New Orleans Police Department for two years.

I received an honorable discharge from the Navy in 1994, and moved to Southern California to pursue a career with the Los Angeles Police Department. While waiting for my application to be processed (which can take months) I moved back to the Oregon Coast and took a temporary job working for a paper mill in Toledo, Oregon (I was a summer work-study there during college.) When the LAPD offered me a job, I decided to decline it, and remain in Oregon. My job at the mill paid well, and I got lots of time off to travel.

Two of my favorite places to visit are the Canadian Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise) and Southern Utah (Zion, Bryce Canyon, Moab.) But the best vacation I've taken so far is the 6-day kayaking expedition I went on in British Columbia. I paddled all around Johnstone Strait, and got to see killer whales in the wild! And there were bald eagles everywhere! I highly recommend such a trip for anyone who loves nature. thumbUp.gif

In 1999, I put an end to my single, carefree days and got married. I went back to school to get a degree in accounting, and worked part time. I had two step-children and a husband that was never around, so my traveling days came to an end. crying.gif After three years of marriage, we finally ended up getting divorced. The last five years have been a struggle for me, but I'm finally back on my own two feet, have a wonderful job that I enjoy, and I get three weeks paid vacation a year! applause.gif

So here I am. I'm getting back to the things I enjoy (nature and traveling), and I'm hoping I get the opportunity to visit the Channel Islands and meet the staff at IWS some day. Until then, keep up the good work!

-------------
Alison
Saint Helens, Oregon

user posted image user posted image
This is me......................................................................................... and Zoey
Cumbrian
Posted: Jun 17 2008, 09:01 AM

Advanced Member

Bandit

wavey.gif Hello my name is Jim, I live in Orange, California. I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio. I moved to California in 1985.

As far as the history or why about my screen name, when I was 18 I got into a fight with a meat grinder and I lost. I am now the one arm bandit. I changed my mind about being a butcher soon after my accident. I spent the next 16 years in the pizza business as a manger/supervisor. I got tired of the long hours and working every holiday so I quit and went to a technical school to learn office machine repair. I'm now a copier/printer technician for the last 14 years. I love being the hero at the office's I visit. I've alway's enjoyed taking things apart and fixing them.

My sister emailed me the link to the PH cam and I've been hooked ever since. The people on this board are so loving and kind, it gives me hope for this crazy world we live in. It's good to be a part of such a group of people.

On a personal note, my divorce will be final this year!!! Huge, huge mistake on my part ... she is a very jealous woman and there is no way I would have been able to ever post or chat on this board ... I left her 2 years ago .. Life is good again.

On a much happier note, my high school sweetheart and I have been reunited and EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL. She is aware of this board and eagle cams and she is now hooked also. I was young and dumb way back then, but I alway's knew she was the one..

Anyhow thanks for letting me be a part of this board.

-----------------------
Love ... Bandit/Jim
Orange, California.

user posted image
Roberta and Me ... She is the love of my life HartSpin2.gif
Cumbrian
Posted: Aug 23 2008, 03:59 PM

Advanced Member

chiquita

Hi ... I am Christina and I live in San Diego, CA ... have lived here for nearly 30 years.
I was born in California, raised in Long Beach, CA .. and a graduated of L.B. Poly Hi. DH and I started our married life in Long Beach, CA nearly 49 years ago. Continuing our college education took a couple more years and after graduation we were transferred to Hyannis Port, MA on temporary assignment. From there transfers took us to Virginia and Missouri and then back to San Francisco with temporary assignments in other states for short periods of time. We did spend time in Hawaii, Paris and London on temporary assignments. We have two children and two grandchildren.

My father's family came from Austria and settled in Masontown, PA and my mother's family is from England, Ireland and Canada, eventually, coming west to Calif. from Syracuse, NY. in 1914.

My grandmother's brother always called me Chiquita and I've always had a fondness for the name so chose to use it here.

----------------
Christina,
San Diego, CA

Photograph requested
Cumbrian
Posted: Sep 17 2008, 01:22 PM

Advanced Member

Andie331

Hi! My forum name is Andie331. My actual name is Andrea Davis. I've been married for 4 years. My husband (Matt) and I have an 11 year old son. We live in Sandusky, Ohio. We also have a female Boston Terrior named Kady, an all gray munchkin cat named Amber, and a guinea pig named Buddy. My husband is a factory worker, and I'm a stay at home mom.

We moved to Sandusky in 2001. We're origianally from Toledo, Ohio. The only bald eagles you would see in Toledo were at the Toledo Zoo. So when we were moving here, my husband was driving the moving van when he said to me "Look honey, there's a bald eagle flying". I couldn't believe my eyes. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a bald eagle flying in the wild where they should be. That is when my obsession with bald eagles started.

In 2006 I came across the IWS eagle web cam. I clicked on the cams and watched the eagles in the different nests. From then on I was hooked. The more I watched, the more I wanted to learn about these beautiful raptors. I would read what everyone would post, but was too shy to join in until January 2008. I became an IWS member in June 2008.

I'm so happy to be a part of a group of people who love eagles as much as I do. You all have been wonderful. I look forward to chatting with all of you everyday. I consider you all dear friends. And to the one special lady who took me under her wing, I thank you.

----------------------
SoaringEagle.gif Andie
Sandusky, Ohio

user posted image
Our wedding day August 11, 2004 in Cancun, Mexico.
Cumbrian
Posted: Oct 19 2008, 09:50 AM

Advanced Member

andrea

I became introduced (and then addicted) to the Pelican Habor webcam during the spring of 2008. I have since enjoyed all of the other nests, eagle education and wonderful discussions among people with a similar love of animals, nature and the outdoors.

I grew up in southern California (Thousand Oaks) and DH is from Burbank. After college (Cal Poly, SLO) I worked for a couple of years in Orange County, but DH and I finally settled in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado, where he is a firefighter.

My first wild Bald Eagle encounter was on a vacation in Juneau, AK, as a teenager while visiting relatives. I remember hearing the whoosh of its wings before I could see him/her. And the moment he/she appeared was incredible. DH and I returned to Alaska several years later to work in a Salmon cannery for a summer, and we thoroughly enjoyed the wildlife we encountered, including the then familiar, Bald Eagles.

I occasionally see Bald Eagles in Colorado, especially in the winter months. Many don't realize that they are so near, but they just have to open their eyes ... and look for that white tail!

We have two beautiful dogs, named Daisy and Otis, and we are currently challenged with training them to be good canine citizens (inside and outside of our home).

-------------------
Andrea,
Denver, Colorado.

user posted image
Cumbrian
Posted: Feb 12 2011, 10:05 AM

Advanced Member

cindyzinaz

Hello everybody! My name is Cindy and I live in Mesa, AZ.

I'm originally from Cincinnati, OH and moved to AZ about 15 yrs ago. Its a great place for people like me who love to be outside more than inside. There are so many very cool things to see and do.

I'm married, for 38 yrs now, to a man everyone calls "Bear". We have 2 daughters and 2 grand-kids who we see frequently as they also live here. Our favorite thing to do together is travel.

I have a passion for photography and the age of digital photography was a blessing to someone like me who just shoots hundreds of pictures of everything from the ocean and all things around it...like lighthouses...to the beauty of the desert. And of course, wildlife. We are very fortunate to have lots of bird of prey where we live and I probably have more pictures of them than my own family.

I've been watching and learning from this forum, lurking I guess you could say!, for about a yr now so I though it was time to participate. I look forward to "meeting" all of you that I've come to know through your postings, and hope to help the great IWS Crew in some little way.

--------------------------------
Cindy,
Mesa, AZ

user posted image
DH Bear & me.

Cumbrian
Posted: Jan 15 2012, 12:53 PM

Advanced Member

In Memoriam of Bette.

user posted image

Bette became member No. 2,312 on February 26, 2009 and made her first post on the Chat thread .. “I'm finally "officially" here” .. at 10:21pm the next day.

She continued to post ... telling us a little about herself.

“I have been watching the Pelican Harbor cam since the day in 2006 that the Santa Barbara News Press announced the hatching of the eaglet soon-to-be known as A-49 Cruz.”

“I have shown up as a "guest" almost daily ever since."

"I live in Santa Barbara, on the Mesa, and Santa Cruz Island is the first thing I see each morning as I leave for work."

"I have been on this forum almost every day and have explored all the archives during the non-nesting seasons. Now I just have to learn my way around the posting part."

"I have to forewarn everyone that I will not able to post captures or videos. I do want to thank everyone, and I mean everyone, for all that they are able to do."

"Because I have been on Nest Observations so much, I have come to know a lot of you because of your postings of captures and videos. I hope you all realize how much these mean to those who only can only visit occasionally."

"My room with a view is only from my driveway, but I am still very lucky to live here."

"I will only be able to post on Chat in the evenings after I am home from work. But, I have the Pelican Harbor nest cam up at work daily on my second monitor, so I am very lucky in that respect."

"And in case you could not see my plan with that last post, I am no longer a "newbie" but now a "member"."

"And with that, I'm off to Zz.gif See you all tomorrow evening."

As you can see .. she had a plan back then .. and eventually this new Cruzer .. over the next few years .. would become an Advance Member making 6,922 posts.

Bette enjoyed observing the nests and posting in Nest Observations/Nest Watch. Being a very meticulous lady if there was any action at any of the nests she would post the nest initials .. thus registering the actual time .. and then return to finish her post later .. by then due to the fast action at times on that thread she may have had to go back a page .. or two .. to find it again. It became like a signature.

Bette also enjoyed being a Cruzer and going to the various events to meet other members. Several members were lucky to receive her “Cheat Sheets” showing information about the IWS banded eagles .. that she had researched and collated as a quick reference guide.

She hosted the Cruzer Mugging/Pot Luck Party at her home, whilst she was still off work recovering from hip surgery .. and a wonderful time was had by all who were able to attend.

Her DH Mike passed away on June 21st , 2010. They had been together 44 years. Bette relied on her Cruzer Family to help her through this sad time.

In Chat we will miss her first of the month posts that she would start with ... “As we collectively turn our IWS calendars to ....”

Bette also assisted Naturegal/Carole with the Eagleland information .. but as her own health deteriorated she had to give this up.

After several weeks of tests, and being unable to eat without being nauseous, it was a shock to us all, when Bette advised us on July 17, 2011, that she had inoperable and terminal brain-cell cancer, that was growing rapidly .. and she had been given about 2 weeks to live.

Bette started to put her affairs in order, but this was one determined lady who wanted to see a new plan of hers succeed.

Defying all odds ... she made this announcement on August 27th, 2011.

Announce.gif Announce.gif Announce.gif SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT Announce.gif Announce.gif Announce.gif

DURING THE NESTING SEASON OF 2011, I, ALONG WITH MANY OTHER CRUZERS, ESPECIALLY THOSE IN THE SANTA BARBARA AREA, WENT THROUGH SOME VERY MAJOR WITHDRAWAL PAINS AND ANGST, AS WE WERE UNABLE TO FOLLOW OUR ‘”FAVORITE” AND DEARLY BELOVED COUPLE – K-10 AND K-26.

WHEN IT BECAME OBVIOUS THAT THE “OLD“ NEST, IN USE SINCE 2006, WOULD NOT HOLD UP THROUGH ANOTHER SEASON, WE ALL AGONIZED WITH THE REST AND BREATHED A BIG SIGH OF RELIEF WHEN THE PAIR WISELY CHOSE TO BUILD A NEW ONE.

WHAT FUN THAT MUST HAVE BEEN TO WATCH AS K-10, THE MASTER NEST-BUILDER, SCRAMBLED TO BUILD NEST #2. AND WHEN IT BECAME OBVIOUS TO ALL THAT NEST
#2 WAS NOT BEING USED, DR. SHARPE AND CREW SEARCHED FAR AND WIDE, AND HIGH AND LOW, AND FINALLY LOCATED THEIR FINAL NEST #3.

BUT WE CRUZERS DID NOT GET TO WATCH ANY OF THE USUAL STAGES – WE MISSED THE NEST BUILDING, THE BONDING, THE EGG-LAYING, THE HATCHING, THE FEEDINGS, AND THE GROWTH. WE TRIED TO SATISFY OUR APPETITES BY WATCHING THE SYNCHRONIZATIONS OF THE PAIR K-81 AND K-82 AT TWO HARBORS AND WITH THE MELODRAMA AT WEST END WITH K-51 TRYING TO USURP K-01, UNSUCCESSFULLY, DESPITE HIS TRYING HIS BEST.

SO IT IS WITH THESE THOUGHTS IN MIND THAT I HAVE DECIDED TO FULLY FUND A NEW CAMERA AND SET-UP FOR THE NEST OF K-10/K-26 FOR THE 2012 NESTING SEASON. THIS WILL INCLUDE, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO – NETWORK PAN/TILT/ ZOOM CAMERA PLUS OUTDOOR HOUSING, INFRARED ILLUMINATOR, WEATHERPROOF MICROPHONE, TRANSMITTER / RECEIVER, SOLAR PANELS, CHARGE CONTROLLER, BATTERIES AND ELECTRONICS ENCLOSURES, CABLES, COMPUTER, AND VARIOUS MISCELLANEOUS.

I PLAN ON BEING HERE AND ABLE TO WATCH IT THIS SPRING, TALONS CROSSED.

Bette,
Santa Barbara.

Unfortunately it was not to be that she would see her wonderful and generous gift to us all become a reality ...

Bette passed away on Thursday, October 20th, 2011.

A plaque was donated by the Cruzers in her memory on the IWS Eagle Aviary.

user posted image

It was Bette’s wish that both Mike’s and her own ashes be cast on the water near Santa Cruz Island, so she arranged for a boat to take them, and also any Cruzers that may want to attend this Memorial, on October 3, 2012 .. their wedding anniversary date.

On January 9th, 2012 the PH nestcam ... dedicated to her ... came OnLine!

user posted image
« Next Oldest | All About Us Who Watch | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1524 seconds | Archive