Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to CHIL EagleCAM. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (25) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Just read your bio .... and wanted to say ........, A to Z Biography Comments.
skellis
Posted: Jul 24 2006, 10:10 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 88

Hulabird:

Wonderful. I love macaws but I just can't have them in such a small house (and so close to my neighbors. Do you know that this month is Alex (the genius african grey) is celebrating his 30th hatch day!!

skellis
skellis
Posted: Jul 24 2006, 10:15 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 88

peppermint: I have the Bittner movie on my video ipod. I saw the flock in May in San Francisco (our ship was docked at the foot of telegraph hill. I also have a flock of mitred or cherryhead conures in the neighborhood, At the end of our block a pair raised a chick in a queen palm. We also have a flock of canarywinged parakeets just down the block.

skellis wub.gif
Eagle D
Posted: Jul 24 2006, 10:22 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 149

Hulabird-Absolutely beautiful birds, I'm so envious, they are two of my all time favorites, can you guess my all time favorite??? tongue.gif
peppermint
Posted: Jul 24 2006, 10:22 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 92

I would LOVE to see the flock with my own eyes! He's not been feeding them much as he's writing a new book. I gave DVDs to everyone for Christmas last year...I think only two people actually watched it.

Ok...I'm off to bed so I can be back here at the crack of dawn...hoping to catch Cruz in the nest in the early morning light.
MaMiMoBa Mom
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 05:50 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (amalphia @ Jul 24 2006, 08:27 PM)
MaMiMoBa Mom... As "Hoosiers" my family are also Indy 500 fans and were very disappointed when Mario's grandson got nudged out at the very end of the race to come in second place. I was pregnant with my youngest son when Mario became a household name linked to the 500... My sister wanted me to name my baby after him (Mario) since my husband was Italian! laugh.gif I have a couple of nephews who would love to make that tour through Mario's personal garage.

Amalphia,
I'll have to ask my husband what cars he had in there. This was a few years back. I'll ask him tomorrow AM and post here. I do remember him saying it was HUGE and filled with cars! I guess you can tell that he's the one into cars and I'm the one into nature!
ElaineRuth
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 05:55 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 59

Hulabird,
Absolutely beautiful and absolutely BIG!!!!
How old are they and have they ever tried to pluck your eyes out????? ohmy.gif
whensday
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 06:40 PM

Member No.: 190

I haven't posted anything here and just registered yesterday but have been watching and reading since late June. You all seem like such great people.

Wendy.
Cumbrian
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 06:54 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 63

Welcome whensday, I am an ECE ( Early Childhood Educator ) too. It's a fun profession, lots of hugs and laughs.
Joanie
  Posted: Jul 25 2006, 06:57 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 118

Welcome, Whensday! I haven't entered my 'bio' yet - kept thinking plenty of time for that when no Cruz to watch and the camera fades to black but we just keep on hanging on.... I was struck, tho, by some similarities as I was reading your intro... I, too, grew up in the Valley and attended U.C. Santa Barbara.... for Fresh/Soph years and then transferred to UCLA. For those of you who would have no reason to know this, the dorm buildings at UCSB are named after the Channel Islands and there is a close working relationship with them (especially Sta. Cruz) and the University. I have a grown daughter who also attended UCSB - all 4 years except did EAP (Jr. year abroad) in France and who now lives in Sta. Barbara. I also have a husband.... and FOUR cats!
copperwyrd
Posted: Jul 25 2006, 08:37 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

WOW...what fun to read about everyone....and an honor to be here with you all.

Joanie, I lived in the Santa Cruz dorm in 1962-1964 at UCSB. When they were still "segregated"...separating the boys and the girls..and I do mean boys and girls. Didn't stop some from sneaking in at night. Things have changed!
Susan
Joanie
  Posted: Jul 25 2006, 10:17 PM

Advanced Member

At this rate I'll never post an actual bio... just respond to others....
Soooo, copperwyrd ... we were there at the same time, but the first year I lived off campus in an 'apartment', albeit one where the girls (segregated, of course) had to 'sign out' and say with whom they were spending time before scurrying back in before the dreaded 'lock-out'. Second year I lived in a sorority house (under the same and more stringent rules... we were not allowed on campus wearing, omg, pants!). I went back for a mini-reunion a few years ago and 16 of us who had lived in the house during that time stayed in it again and we stayed up all night reminiscing and catching up on the interim years... we also, horror of horrors, drank wine in the Chapter Room... cuz we could! When I accompanied my daughter to freshman orientation in '86, I was wearing a button declaring me as a UCSB Alum and I felt like a brontosaurus (we thought they existed back then)... the kids spoke to me in reverential tones since I was from the 'SIXTIES'... like, wow... Some of the memories are at the front of my memory banks these days as a longtime pal/collegue (who started much later than I) is sending his son off to UCSB this September so we have been discussing things like do they dare still make incoming freshman wear a green beanie to identify them? (Of course not.... it could errode their delicate self-esteem.) I promised myself I would be in bed tonight by 11 and I have passed the mark so will say G'nite for now! There will be more time post-cam.
MaMiMoBa Mom
Posted: Jul 26 2006, 04:21 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7

rolleyes.gif Okay, good morning Amalphia! I can't believe I remembered to ask my hubbie about the Andretti garage...well, actually, I did call him on his cell...coffee didn't kick in until after he left! unsure.gif rolleyes.gif

Here's what he told me. Mario Andretti now lives in a different house...amazing apparently...he designed it to look like an Italian villa. My husband hasn't seen the new garage as of yet, but at his former house the garage was kept like a museum. Mario Andretti had all of his racing uniforms hung along the walls, trophies and such. At the time he had (I apologize for my mispellings...I'm more into the interior decorating, not cars...sorry) a Lambourghini Kuntasch and a Mercedes something or other. Sorry I couldn't get more car details for your nephews. Have a great day all!
Nancy
amalphia
Posted: Jul 26 2006, 05:48 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14

Thanks, MaMiMoBa Mom! Yes, I can imagine the Andretti garage would contain some great cars and fun decor! And I just heard that their racing team has now gained Danica Patrick who has a burning desire to bring femininity to the winners circle. biggrin.gif

Thanks for all of your wonderful introductions/bios, everyone! It's been so nice to spend time reading over these forums and to share in the lives of this eagle family... I see the nest this morning and wonder how long our window to that world will remain?

Have a good day, all!
Troth
Posted: Jul 26 2006, 07:42 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 152

I cannot believe all the Scottish background people on this site. I have a friend that is going to Scotland this Sept (a long time dream of hers) and I was commenting on this site. She has been corresponding on a Scottish web blog and says of course there are alot of Scottish people on that site, they have a compassion for animals and are the nicest people. When these people found out she is visiting Scotland they have all invited her to their homes and said they would show her around. How great. I can't wait to see the pictures she comes home with.
Joanie
  Posted: Jul 26 2006, 07:54 AM

Advanced Member

Troth... I was struck by the same thing.... the preponderance of folks with Scottish heritage.... though my husband and I were both born in the States - he in the South Bay (Southern Cal, for those of you not familiar with the geo. designation) and I in Mississippi (moved to California, tho, very young), we both have family plaids ... I am a Montgomery by birth and a Seaton by marriage!
« Next Oldest | All About Us Who Watch | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (25) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0981 seconds | Archive