PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Eagle CAM Discussion Forum Protocols
Purpose of the Forum
The purpose of the forum is to facilitate the exchange of current scientific information between bald eagle experts, scientists, enthusiasts and educators regarding the recovery of bald eagles to the Channel Islands. The information presented on the Channel Islands Live Bald Eagle CAM Forum is primarily science-based and often scientific terms describing the behavior of the eagles will be used. The forum is also meant to be educational and presents a curriculum that is suitable for many science classrooms. Most importantly the Bald Eagle Forum provides an opportunity to network with other people to learn about bald eagle behaviors as this keystone species is reestablished on the Channel Islands.
Rules of Conduct
Violation of the following rules will result in immediate removal of messages from the forum and could result in suspension or termination of the registrant:
- Lobbying is prohibited—The forum shall not be used for direct or indirect lobbying or posting of links to web pages that engage in such activities. Direct lobbying is defined as encouraging members of the public to contact local or Federal officials to support or oppose any pending legislation. Indirect lobbying involves posting of links to any Web page that engages in lobbying or encourages such activities.
- Fundraising is prohibited—Messages with solicitations of a commercial nature, pursuit of private commercial business activities, profit-making ventures or fundraising solicitations are not appropriate for this forum and will be removed. The forum is associated with State and Federal agencies that prohibit this type of activity. Likewise, any messages that contain links to web pages that are of a commercial nature or profit-making ventures will also be removed from the forum. Links to web pages that are for educational purposes only are acceptable but the message that contains these links should not mention fundraising. For those who are interested in providing support for the eagles please visit the topic “How You Can Help Channel Islands Eagles & Institute of Wildlife Studies” on the discussion forum main page.
- No advertising or promotion of any sale item is permitted on this site which is to be used exclusively for educational purposes.
- Member signature files should remain free of any links to other commercial sites and/or for profit organizations other than sites directly affiliated with CHIL (i.e. NPS, IWS, etc).
- Please keep politics and religion out—Do not use the forum to discuss any religious or political views, success or failure of a political party, candidate for partisan political office, or partisan political group. Posting of religious or political photos, images, or icons or quoting religious passages is not allowed. Be aware that forum membership is comprised of people from all over the world and not everyone will share your beliefs.
- Discussions on current events are allowed as long as they do not include initiatives for political action or other endorsements.
- Keep discussion topics focused on reliable information.
- Member signature files should remain free of any links and/or references to non-secular materials such as religious quotes, icons, scripture, etc.
- Have good “netiquette”—Refrain from using profanity, derogatory or discriminatory comments, or any statements that bring discredit to any of the project partners or members of the forum.
- Stay on topic—This is a place to ask questions and learn from the experience of other forum members, scientists and experts. Think before you post and make sure your posting is relevant to the topic that is being discussed.