InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Buffalo Creek Bay. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

gonna keep on doing my thing ~, open!
Jeanine Stanton
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 04:48 PM

Kate
Group Icon

Group: Townfolk
Member No.: 89

user posted image

Fall 19th, 1868
late afternoon

- - - - - - - - - -

i've never been the type to be shy, i know that some would say i'm too headstrong
but i'd rather be a woman who voices her mind whether you think i'm right or wrong
and i know some people wanna criticize, makes them feel better about themselves
so say what you will, time will reveal, in the end that i will be here still

- - - - - - - - - -

Although she was only technically obligated to be at the saloon from six in the evening until whatever ungodly hour of the morning her performance ended, Jeanine had been spending considerably more time there as of late. And although the owner - who would swear up and down to his grave that she was a born troublemaker - always put her to work to keep her from distracting the other staff with her antics, she didn't mind in the least. Anything and everything was better than being stuck under the same roof as her overbearing and suffocatingly disapproving mother. Ever since her parents had arrived for a visit a little over a week ago, she'd been coming up with crafty excuses to slip out of their grasp, whether it was to escape another intolerable sewing or cooking 'lesson' - more like hours and hours spent being scolded and bossed around by her mom - or to meet her man, the town sheriff, in some shady corner of town where they could actually have some privacy. She felt like a teenager again, always evading the watchful and critical hawk eyes of a her mother. She was a daddy's girl by nature, anything she wanted she could charm out of him, but her mom was a tough nut to crack - she'd been hacking away at that woman's shell for twenty-five years and still no luck.

And so, she was resigned to sweeping the porch of the First Chance Saloon & Inn, inches deep in layers of dirt and dust everyone knew would be there until the end of time. It was for this reason that the tall brunette didn't pay much attention to her lackadaisical movements of the broom, instead upturning her vivid emerald eyes to the clear and bright Autumn sky. She'd dressed in a hurry that morning, wriggling into a red dress that she knew her mother would throw an absolute fit over - which was exactly why she wore it - and throwing her auburn curls into an absentminded half-updo that left spiraly tendrils framing her youthful face. She'd managed to worm her way out of her mother's grasp by claiming she was going to the church to see if they needed any help with Sunday School later that week, something she entirely planned on doing, just not that particular day. She felt some residual guilt leaving her older sister to fend for herself against the wrath of their mom, but Jillian knew how to weather the storm well enough by now, and usually came out better than she herself ever would in a million years. After all, she wore proper clothing, had a respectable profession as a housewife and seamstress, and an honorable husband. Compared to all that, Jeanine was a pile of trodden horse poo on the dusty trail of life.

But again, she didn't mind in the least. She didn't need anyone's approval to live her life, she said and did what she pleased whether others liked it or not. It was rather liberating to be unconcerned with people's opinions, and personally, she surmised many of the women in town could do to realize that. She'd been called many things in her lifetime, but 'uptight' hadn't ever been one of them, and she was perfectly content to spend the rest of her days avoiding such a title. Deciding that the job she'd been given was just too dull to continue without some music, Jeanine's pink lips parted and her greatest gift in life came forth, the one thing she had that no one could ever take from her. Her powerful, soulful voice rang out in the quiet of the late afternoon, and she smiled, because God had given her a blessing very few could claim to their name and nobody - not even her mother - could dispute that. As she got more into her song, she found herself dancing around on the ever-dusty porch, singing to the broomstick like it was her captive audience. The few passersby there were looked at her like she was a loony, but she paid them no mind, lost in her element and enjoying it profusely with all the vibrance she did everything in life.

However, her fun was cut short as she danced her way into a backward collision in the midst of her euphoric singing, likely with someone going into or coming from the saloon. An animated yelp cut through her song as she stumbled forward, managing to catch herself from splatting on the porch with the help of the broom. Straightening up and spinning on her heel, there was a wide and radiant grin on the brunette's charismatic features as she turned to face the person she'd crashed into. "Good God, what a goof I am!" She exclaimed enthusiastically, as though she was very happy to admit such a thing. "I'm awfully sorry, but I promise you'll encounter no such hazards - or silly women - inside the saloon." The winning smile that followed illuminated her enchanting emerald eyes, as she rested a piano-playing hand on the curve of her hip. Sam would have her head if she was discouraging business with her tomfoolery, so standing there grinning with her broom, she attempted to look charming and innocent as possible.
Gabriel Creed
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 03:15 AM

Group Icon

Group: Drifter
Member No.: 166

Fall 19th, 1868
Late Afternoon

Gabriel was walking down the street. He was heading toward the saloon. He needed a drink. It had been a busy day. Getting settled into his room at the inn and looking for work. He was smiling and it was the first time that he had been able to have a drink. He had been looking around and as he stopped in front of the saloon. He looked around and as he was looking around he stepped toward the doors before stopping as he came into contact with a body as he stumbled back a bit. He immediately turned to the woman who he had collided with. He gave her a silent look for a minute before he swept off his hat. "And what a beautiful goof you are." He said with a grin. "I'm sorry. I should have been paying more attention to where I was going." He had a brilliant smile on his face as he noticed the emerald green eyes and that super bright smile that she had. He was immensely amused. Thankfully it wasn't raining and the sun was actually out today. It had been a great day today. "Oh where are my manners. I'm Gabriel. And might I say that you have a might pretty singin' voice." He said looking her up and down for a moment. He leaned against a post on the porch and placed his hat back on his head. How could this day get better? It's beautiful out side today and he met a beautiful woman today. So far it had been a great day. He wasn't shy by any means so he looked her up and down. He thought that dress was something that most of the women in this town would scream and holler about. But being that he wasn't one of them he could appreciate that it looked amazing. He gave her a charismatic smile and looked back to the emerald green eyes. His were a light brown color. Almost the color of soft clay. And when he spoke his Georgia accent came out. Despite the fact that he had been out west for almost 13 years he still had his accent to remind himself of where he came from.

He reached out his hand to shake hers and if she chose to take it he would lean and give the back of her hand a gentle kiss on the knuckles. He had no idea if she was taken or not but there was no harm in flirting. And plus he just couldn't resist. He smiled to her again and motioned to the saloon. "Care for a drink?" He asked her slyly. He wasn't pulling any kind of con on her or anything like that. He wasn't that guy anymore. He hadn't really thought about the fact that she might recognize him from his previous life or that she might not even like him. But he didn't get that feeling from her just in the moment that he had been around her. He was a pretty good judge of character. He realized that he hadn't gotten her name. Oh well. That would come in time. He had looked around at the people on the street before turning back to the woman. In a way he hoped that people didn't recognize him but at the same time most of the people he would meet would eventually figure it out. And many of them would not like him for it. But that was his past life. This was his new one. And so he sent that brilliant smile back toward her. He was determined to change and so he moved into the saloon to get a drink hoping that she would follow him. He could use some good conversation. And she seemed like she would be a great conversationalist. So he moved toward a table and waited to see if she followed. He wouldn't order a drink until he was sure that she either would or would not join him. He sat with his back to the wall watching her with that smile still on her face.
Jeanine Stanton
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 09:30 PM

Kate
Group Icon

user posted image

Fall 19th, 1868
late afternoon

- - - - - - - - - -

i've never been the type to be shy, i know that some would say i'm too headstrong
but i'd rather be a woman who voices her mind whether you think i'm right or wrong

- - - - - - - - - -

For a brief moment, Jeanine wasn't sure whether the man she'd bumped into was going to smile or yell at her. Either way she didn't mind much, but she would've preferred not to be hollered at twice in a row, because the saloon owner would undoubtedly raise hell as well if he got wind of her causing a ruckus with potential customers. So naturally, she felt a rush of relief when the cowboy swept off his hat and grinned, even complimenting her. Inclining her head in silent thanks, she smiled but didn't blush, not the type for modesty or humility. "You and I both," she agreed smoothly to his comment about not having been watching where he was going. Likely he didn't think he would have to, because usually there weren't silly women in red dancing around on the porch. But for the tall and vivacious brunette, anywhere and everywhere was her stage.

The light, pleasant smile still lingering on her full pink lips as he went on to introduce himself, she answered in kind, "Jeanine. It's lovely to meet - er - run into you." She laughed brightly, her vivid green eyes glinting in the illumination of the sunlight as he praised her singing voice. "Thank you! It's about the only thing I do well aside from running my mouth." Although she appeared to be joking, it was quite true. Jeanine had no clue what she would do if she'd been born mute. She couldn't cook, she couldn't sew, she couldn't draw or paint, she could read and write but she was no novelist. But beggars couldn't be choosers, especially with talent. Her greatest assets were her mouth and vocal chords. Also her fingers, if including her penchant for the piano.

It was then that she noticed the all-too familiar path of his eyes as they took to wandering on down past her face and over the feminine sinks and swells of her body, the slender but voluptuous curves hugged by her 'sinful' - as her mother had deemed it - red dress. Jeanine was used to such appraisal, after all, she spent almost each and every evening up on stage with drunken men drooling at her feet like dogs while she sang. They could look all they want, she didn't mind as long as they kept their hands off. Oftentimes they would get frisky, and she got the occasional grope of her backside or caught a grimy arm snaking around her hips, but it was their mistake - if they wouldn't heed her warning to keep their hands to themselves, they'd have the town sheriff to answer to. Not only was he quite territorial, but he seemed to have no problems conjuring up a reason to arrest a man 'feeling on his woman', as he'd once put it. She wasn't at all concerned Gabriel would try anything on her, but his molten chocolate brown eyes were certainly having a field day all their own.

"Enjoying the view?" She quipped lightly, arching a single playful brow. The sultry singer laughed softly as he brushed his lips over her knuckles when they exchanged a handshake, and she couldn't help but admire his attractive mingling of boldness and chivalry. Most men were either one or the other - too bold and overconfident, or too chivalrous and afraid to make a move. It was refreshing to come across a guy with just the right mix of both. However, she was caught off-guard when he offered her a drink, seeming to have forgotten that she'd been sweeping the porch and quite obviously worked there. Technically she wasn't 'on duty', so to speak, she was merely the saloon's singer and not required to do any of the jobs left to the maids and serving girls...but still, she would feel rather guilty sipping whiskey and chatting up a handsome man while they worked their tails off. Torn, Jeanine lingered there on the porch for a moment, before shrugging to herself. Why the hell not? Leaning the broom up against the outside wall, she drifted indoors after her new acquaintance, coming to stand beside the table he'd taken a seat at. "You cowboys and your liquor," she teased lightly, holding his gaze steady with shimmering emerald orbs. "Never too early or too late for a drink, hmm? Well, I'll have you know that I'm a lady," she tossed her auburn curls over one shoulder, smirking slightly, "so I'll only drink a half-pint." Satisfied with her clever remark, she slid into the seat across from him and crossed her long, toned legs. Considering the fact that she knew everyone on the staff and was an employee, she could've just called out to someone or even gone back and gotten the drinks herself, but instead she simply watched him with bright and dancing eyes, curious to see how he'd handle the situation.
Gabriel Creed
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 04:13 PM

Group Icon

Fall 19th, 1868

Gabriel smiled and looked over at Jeanine as she sat down across from him. He had indeed been enjoying the view. He got an eye full as he watched her slide into the seat across from him. His smile never wavered. "Enjoying the view? I believe that would be quite the understatement."He said with a chuckle as he nodded and took his hat off setting it on the table next to him. When she spoke again about the drink he had to laugh. "Oh yes. It's never too early or too late for a drink. Plus I've been busting my hump trying to find work. So I think at least I deserve as much." He said with another grin. He wasn't the kind to back down. He was both confident and chivalrous. Something his mother had taught him growing up. In the past he would have already made a move on this woman and would have already attempted to bed her. Just because he could. But not now. He was a completely different person than he was before. He looked around as for the bartender. He hadn't seen him anywhere. He looked back to Jeanine and couldn't help but chuckle at her swift and clever comment. "Alright a half a pint it is. I'll be right back." Gabriel was not known for being a patient man sometimes. And so he pushed back from his chair and stepped up to the bar. He looked around making sure that no one, except for Jeanine of course, was looking. He hopped over the bar and grabbed two pint glasses filling on of them completely and filling the other to half. He set them on the bar and hopped back over quickly leaving two silver pieces on the bar. He grabbed the two glasses and walked over to the table setting her drink before her and then setting his down taking his seat up again.

He looked over at Jeanine. "You certainly are quite the lady Jeanine. Your a quick one. I think I may have to watch out for you. He said with grin as he lifted his drink to his lips taking a draw from it. He smiled and set the glass back down. So. Tell me something Jeanine. What's a lady like you doing working in a place like this? I mean. Surely there are safer places to work than in a saloon. But then again. I'm sure you can handle yourself. I mean anyone who sweeps a porch like you do must be able to take care of yourself." He had a smile on his face the whole time. He had thought maybe he had seen her around town before since coming back here. He looked to her eyes as he took another drink from his pint.
Jeanine Stanton
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 06:01 PM

Kate
Group Icon

user posted image

Fall 19th, 1868
late afternoon

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

This man was a sharp one, there was no doubt about that. It wasn't often she encountered someone, male or female, who could keep up with her quick wit and match the pace of her bubbly persona, so it was refreshing to say the least. The fact that he was certainly easy on the eyes was an added bonus, and just as he seemed to be taking his time appraising her from head to toe, she couldn't help but let herself look just a little. He was tall, ruggedly handsome, with that mischievous cowboy grin she'd fallen for one too many times after first arriving in Buffalo Creek about two years ago. There just weren't many men like that in the cities up north, and she'd made sure to get her fill before slowing down a little. Now it was well-known to just about everyone in town that she'd fallen head over heels for the sheriff, but that still didn't stop some from trying and she wasn't the type of lady to turn a guy away completely hopeless.

Chuckling lightly at Gabriel's remark about his strenuous job search, the vibrant brunette inclined her head and sympathized playfully, "You poor, poor darling. I'll tell you what, show me you've got some entertainment value and I'm sure we could work out something for the stage." She gestured toward the little wooden place at the other end of the saloon where she sang each night, giving him the shadow of a wink. "I'm not one to share the spotlight, but keep on impressing me and I may or may not make an exception." The hint of an impish little smile played on her pink lips as she held his gaze, thoroughly enjoying herself. Her words may have been a tad flirtatious - perhaps more than a 'tad' - but there was no harm in being friendly with a newcomer, as encouraging him to stick around would help business. Plus, what Nathan didn't know wouldn't hurt him, right?

Smoothing her delicate, piano-playing hands over the skirt of her red dress, Jeanine's emerald orbs followed him as he sauntered up to the bar, which was currently left unattended to. She arched a brow, curious as to his plan of action, then couldn't help but smirk as he agilely leaped over the counter and took the task of getting drinks in his own two hands. Of course, being an employee she watched all the more closely to see that he paid, which thankfully he did. She really would not have enjoyed spoiling their fun with having to get Sam, the saloon owner, involved. Shaking her head in amusement as Gabriel strolled back over to the table, she curled her slender fingers around the half-filled glass and quipped, "Now that I see you're so light on your feet, perhaps you could jump through flaming hoops while I sing - that would be quite the stage act." Laughter dancing in the depths of her eyes, she took a small sip of her drink and savored the slight burn as the strong liquid slid down her throat. They didn't mess around when it came to whiskey out west.

That same alluring little smile gracing the full curve of her mouth, Jeanine tilted her head slightly at his compliment and then laughed softly as he remarked about having to 'watch out for her.' "And I you," she countered smoothly. The young singer then laughed aloud at his following statement, meeting his chocolate brown eyes with her own enchanting emeralds. "Now don't you tease me, Gabriel," she warned him sportively, referring to his comment about her little spectacle while sweeping the floor. Sliding her drink aside for a moment and standing up, she rested her palms flat atop the table and leaned forward, her face drawing dangerously near to his. She then dropped her voice an octave to a low and smoky, sultry tone as she added, "I'm almost certain you've never met a woman with my...talents," a smirk danced over her prepossessing features as her tongue slid temptingly along her full lower lip, before she continued, "And if you behave, I won't have to show you." Satisfied, Jeanine lingered for a moment longer as her warm breath licked at his stubbled cheek, before straightening up and settling back down in her seat with a smile that said it all.

(OOC: Eek, I am SO sorry this took forever Brandon, school hasn't been giving me a break! But I hope this post makes up for it and I promise my replies will be much quicker now ^^)
Gabriel Creed
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 01:01 AM

Group Icon

Gabriel had to chuckle a bit at the way the conversation was going. Never had he ever met such a lively and perky personality as Jeanine had. She was sharp as a whip and as lively as a sunny spring day. He gave her that confident and roguish smirk as he shook his head slightly. "Well I'm not one for being much entertainment. But I do appreciate the offer. And I might take you up on it sometime in the near future." Then she said about him being light on his feet and him jumping through flaming hoops whle she sings. He couldn't contain the deep laugh that came from him. He shook his head again. "Now I'm not sure how the owner of this fine establishment would feel about having flaming hoops in his area. The alcohol is quite flammable and apparently so are some of the personalities in here. And I don't think he would like them so close to his star attraction. I mean. Your hot enough to burn the place down already. Don't need to be adding fuel to the fire." He said with a playful wink as his deep brown eyes gleamed with more than the light in the room.

Oh he was having a grand time as he took a pull from his drink. It was refreshing and nice. He gave her that smirk again and raised an eye brow. "Who said I was teasing?" He said as his eyes played against the emerald green of hers. He watched her as she leaned over closer to him stopping just meer centimeters away from his face. He watched her eyes as she spoke and there was a playfulness in them that made him a bit curious. He noted the smoky and sultry tone of her voice as she spoke softly to him. He noted the way her tongue slid temptingly over her lower lip and the way she spoke in a certain tone. And that made it all worth everything that had happened. He knew it wasn't going anywhere but it was still fun to flirt with this woman. And that is all it truly was. These two teasing each other and flirting and there was no harm in that. As she sat back down in her seat that smirk had grown a bit on his lips. And he continued to watch her for a moment before setting his drink down. "Oh your right Jeanine. I'm sure I've never met a woman quite like you. And as for your....talents. I am sure that you have many." And then she said what she had said. And maybe it was the alcohol taking a bit of effect or maybe it was just him having fun with her. But he stood up and, taking a page of her book, leaned foward. This time instead of stopping in front of her face he moves to whisper in her ear softly in the soft low voice letting his slightly stubbled cheek ever so lightly brush against hers as he spoke. "With a promise like that I might have to misbehave more often." There was confidence in his voice but it wasn't as it he was trying to get anywhere with her. It was just harmless flirting. And as he sat back down in his chair that smirk grew into a smile and he continued to hold eye contact with her as he took a drink from his pint.
Jeanine Stanton
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 09:50 PM

Kate
Group Icon

user posted image

Fall 19th, 1868
late afternoon

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Lightly fingering her sweating glass as she surveyed her new companion, Jeanine tilted her head, intrigued, and then quipped cheerfully, "Ah, well. I'm entertaining enough for the pair of us." A cheeky little smile played on her glossed pink lips, though she wasn't at all jesting. Modesty was overrated, in her opinion, and she was quick to own up to the fact that she was most definitely a spotlight monger. She didn't seek attention to the point of desperation, but if an opportunity arose to be at the center of the action, then she seized it without hesitation. After all, everyone had only one life to live and she was damn determined to make the most of hers, no matter the bumps or roadblocks along the way. She was a big girl, she could handle the ups and downs, and really, she just craved the exhilaration of the ride.

The sound of his laughter was pleasing to her ears, like music, though the melody was uniquely his. Even amidst their flirtation and teasing that she knew would never come to a fruition - despite her occasionally wandering eyes, her heart belonged solely to Nathan - she looked forward to getting to know Gabriel, finding his company refreshing in a way that she hadn't experienced in a long time. Rousing from her momentary reverie and returning her attention to the conversation, she scoffed loftily and waved her hand at the mention of the saloon's owner probably not being too keen about having flaming hoops in his establishment. "Oh, Sam's a big softy," she proclaimed lightly, as a casual hand sifted through her auburn curls. "He's a little rough around the edges, but every time he threatens to fire me for a particularly salacious song, I know deep down he couldn't bare to do so." The lively brunette chuckled softly, half-expecting the older man to pop up and negate everything she'd just said.

Amusement sparkling in the depths of her emerald eyes at his remark about flammability, Jeanine's radiant smile widened all the more as he not-so-subtly implied he found her attractive, keeping with the theme of fire. Taking a small sip of her drink, she laughed lightly and shook her head, a smirk tugging at the corners of her full mouth. "Touché," she purred in reply, holding his gaze steady. Most other women would've blushed a shade similar to her dress, bowed their heads and denied the bold compliment, but not the sassy saloon singer with a seduction and confidence oozing from her like an alluring perfume. "Though speaking of adding fuel to the fire, don't forget your own contribution of heat." She reciprocated his earlier action with the shadow of a wink, gazing at him from beneath a fringe of dark lashes.

Still thoroughly amused and intrigued by this ruggedly handsome man, Jeanine's deeply green eyes were glued to him as he spoke, seemingly entranced by his every word and movement. She was entirely still, captivated, as he stood and leaned in toward her. There was a moment when their faces were so dangerously and intimately near that a thrill traversed the length of her spine, and she felt her heart drop into the pit of her stomach, both dreadfully fearing and anxiously anticipating his next move. She began to wonder if she'd been sending him the wrong signals, and if things were about spiral out of control in the culmination of a kiss, but all those worries were put to bed as he turned his head and simply brushed his cheek against hers. The rough but gentle graze of Gabriel's slight stubble against her skin prompted a soft sigh from her lips, and she tilted her head toward the sensation, briefly succumbing to the desire he'd stirred within her by the simple gesture. She bit her lower lip, the faintest hint of a smile crossing her enchanting features at his whispered words, though thankfully before the temptation became too much he pulled away and settled back down in his seat.

Now able to think clearly, Jeanine hoped he wouldn't notice the faint rosy tint to her cheeks, remnants of the heat that had risen within her at their proximity only moments beforehand. Clearing her throat lightly, she remarked sportively, "Now now, hasn't anyone ever told you that those who play with fire get burned?" She smiled, quickly regaining her composure. After taking another long drink of whiskey, she swallowed and said, "Tell me something, Gabriel," A pause, as she elegantly leaned back in her seat and surveyed him with intuitive, perceptive emerald eyes. "What brought you here to Buffalo Creek? This isn't a town you hear of by word of mouth, so the men who make it here are usually one of two things: running from someone, or searching for something." Curiosity evident on her features, Jeanine arched a brow, though friendliness was still in her aura so that he wouldn't feel threatened or cornered by her question.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Listed At:
redcarpet&&rebellion. RPG-D The RPG Collection Shadowplay  

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2743 seconds | Archive