InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Buffalo Creek Bay. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

To Save A Life, Open!
Emma Burley
Posted: Oct 6 2011, 03:03 PM

Unregistered

Hearing Arthur enter the clinic, Emma reached for a towel to wipe her hands on and then went to greet him. She chuckled at his comment about what he would do without her. "I'm sure you'd manage just fine," she commented. Then, when he all but confirmed her suspicions that he had no one to cook from him away from work, she stepped towards him and splayed her hands out. She implored, "Then you must consider it a standing invitation to come to dinner any time you like, Dr. Castle. I wouldn't say that I cook enough to feed an army, but between my brother, my niece and several of our farm hands, there's certainly enough." She paused and then added more quietly, "You're always welcome. I would have invited you sooner but I didn't want to interfere with any other...." Emma hesitated, clearly embarassed by all choices in wording that she could use to finish that statement. "...plans you may have had in the evenings."

Emma bit her bottom lip and resisted the urge to cringe at the implication of her words. Grateful for the opportunity to talk about something else, she hastily turned to the topic of Mrs. Hudson. "I am glad that it is nothing more than a cold. I do admit that when I was told of her symptoms, I worried it might be something more. But then, I also admit that where that is concerned, I always tend to be overly cautious."

Emma didn't talk of her family much outside of her brother, her niece and her parents and there was good reason. Many in her immediate family had died young due to illness and often it had started out seeming to be a simple cold. Because of it, Emma had taken on the mindset that it was better to be safe than sorry.

Emma beckoned the doctor to follow her. "At any rate, the soups ready if you'd like to eat now."
Arthur Castle
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 06:04 AM

Unregistered

“How would I manage? You are a wonderful cook.” He answered, smiling at her the entire time. The fact was, Arthur wasn’t sure at all how he would manage without someone to cook for him. Before he always got a meal at the saloon or he was lucky enough to get one of his patients to offer a meal if it was late at night that he was called on.

Otherwise, he went without.

But when he heard her give him an open invitation to dinner at her place, he nodded. “I will certainly have to take you up on that offer sometime, Ms. Burley.” He moved then to see how she had done the soup—prying into the woman’s cooking as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

“Other plans?” He questioned, giving her a bit of a look. But he realized after a moment what she was getting at. “Oh, you mean… Ms. Marston,” Arthur realized the mention of the woman was most likely making her uncomfortable and he had not meant to do that at all.

However, he didn’t linger too long on the subject of Abigail Marston. They both knew all too well what the woman did for a living, and while it wasn’t a personal choice on Ms. Marston’s part, it was better then starving.

Arthur however, did not say that. Only too happy to change the subject when Emma did. “Don’t ever be overly cautious!” He exclaimed. “You had every right to be concerned that it might b something else. We just have to be glad that it was something so simple. Next time it might not be.”

Castle smiled once more when she said that the soup was ready.
Emma Burley
Posted: Oct 18 2011, 11:57 AM

Unregistered

Emma laughed. "Well, I'm not nearly the cook that my mother is, but as she constantly tells me, I'm sure to make a decent wife some day." She shrugged. "As if that is the only skill a wife would need." She smiled at Dr. Castle. "But please, do join us whenever you'd like."

Seeing that the soup was done enough for them to eat, Emma spooned it into bowls and handed him one. She flushed again when he spoke of his relationship with Ms. Marston and realized how much her inexperience in such matters limited. Clearing her throat, she mentioned, "I also made tea."

Which meant that she made her special tea that usually had oodles of herbs known for boosting the immune system and just generally being good for aiding heath, which given the current topic of being wary about one's health, fit in perfectly.

Carrying her soup over to her desk, Emma absently inquired, "Any plans for the coming weekend?"
Arthur Castle
Posted: Oct 20 2011, 11:41 PM

Unregistered

Arthur glanced at her for a moment, seeing that she was getting things together for their lunch. He wasn’t too slow in getting settled back into the clinic for the rest of the day. The smell of the woman’s cooking alone made him suddenly hungry, though his prying earlier into the pot hadn’t helped any either.

He thanked her for the bowl and while he wanted to mention that she didn’t have to do such a thing for him, he didn’t-- just smiling at her instead. “Well, in some ways your mother is right. But you are a great nurse and assistant so... I would be sad to lose you because you ran off and got married.” Arthur teased a bit.

Castle got the tea, as she managed to handle the food just fine. “Here... I’ll get the tea.” He answered, moving to set his bowl down on his own desk-- despite all of the clutter, he still managed to find a spot for it.

Going back then to help her out with getting the tea and making sure that she got hers, first before he got his own.
Emma Burley
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 10:22 PM

Unregistered

"Me? Get married? Not any time soon, that's for sure," Emma said carefully, with tempered amusement. "I would first need a suitor...and there have been none of those since I've been her." She paused. "But then, I suppose I don't exactly put myself out there much."

She flashed the doctor a sheepish smile. Just as it was easier to think of her life not as a doctor and simply as a nurse, it was also easier to think of herself single, because she really would not know how to act if a gentleman showed a romantic interest in her.

She could feel the heat rise to her cheeks and she after sitting down and beginning to eat her soup, she finally said, "So I don't think you have to worry about that, Doctor Castle. It appears you're stuck with me for the long haul....if you can handle that."
Emma Burley
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 10:38 PM

Unregistered

"Me? Get married? Not any time soon, that's for sure," Emma said carefully, with tempered amusement. "I would first need a suitor...and there have been none of those since I've been her." She paused. "But then, I suppose I don't exactly put myself out there much."

She flashed the doctor a sheepish smile. Just as it was easier to think of her life not as a doctor and simply as a nurse, it was also easier to think of herself single, because she really would not know how to act if a gentleman showed a romantic interest in her.

She could feel the heat rise to her cheeks and she after sitting down and beginning to eat her soup, she finally said, "So I don't think you have to worry about that, Doctor Castle. It appears you're stuck with me for the long haul....if you can handle that."
Arthur Castle
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 03:19 AM

Unregistered

Arthur grinned at that. “Oh, just because you haven’t had any suitors since you’ve been here doesn’t mean that there could be someone that does care for you. I do... for example. You do so much here... helping me, helping the patients...” He answered. Knowing that the woman deserved to be happy.

As he ate, he looked to her when she stated that she was there for the long haul. “I wouldn’t want it any other way, Emma. You’re a really good woman. And if men in this town cannot see that well, they must be blind.”

He watched her for a moment, wondering just what it would be like for him to actually care for someone that was respectable. And Emma was, clearly. But there was still that part of him that cared a great deal for Abigail Marston, feeling that he could change her situation. However, he knew that in order to do that, he’d have to get her out of the brothel and Arthur doubted that she would what with it being the only thing she knew.
Emma Burley
Posted: Nov 15 2011, 04:01 AM

Unregistered

The current topic of conversation was clearly one of embarrassment for the nurse and his compliments left her tongue-tied. She stirred her soup with her spoon and looked down at the mini whirl pool she was creating with the liquid. It was a way to calm the swell of emotion inside of her.

"Thank you for your kind words, Doctor," she managed t0 murmur. Then she shook her head and quipped, "My brother is probably very happy that there aren't any potential suitors coming to call on me. I imagine he would be very critical of anyone who showed an interest, being that he's serving in my father's place and all."

She looked up and smiled across the room. "Seems funny that at my age I would need someone else to look after the affairs of my own heart. But then, I am not sure I know how to take care of it myself." She paused and then asked, "What about you, doctor? Do you have anyone else looking after your heart health, so to speak?"
Arthur Castle
Posted: Nov 22 2011, 11:35 PM

Unregistered

Arthur watched her, listening as she told him about her brother and the fact that he stood in for her father when it came to her having suitors calling on her. In a way, he thought that was good but he also agreed with Emma about her age. “I think its good of him to at least be critical of anyone that shows any sort of interest in you. Would be worried if he wasn’t and let anyone try to win your affections.” He answered with a bit of a smile.

Though, when she asked if there was anyone looking out for his heart, he shook his head. “No, there’s not.”

Castle was being honest with her and himself. Sure... he cared a great deal for Abigail Marston but the truth was, the chances of his actually winning over that woman’s affections were not good and he knew that eventually, he was going to have to stop kidding himself and move on.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Listed At:
redcarpet&&rebellion. RPG-D The RPG Collection Shadowplay  

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1373 seconds | Archive