Knife's Edge, [Faris]
Roronoa Zoro
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 08:50 PM

Greentike

Group: Admin
Member No.: 545

He'd woke up in some town that he didn't know. Then again, it wasn't exactly rare that he didn't know where they were. The Thousand Sunny always pulled up to islands that he knew nothing about, he just figured that it was the next stop along the Grand Line. But now that he was in the Harbor of this unknown town, he looked around slowly, slowly cocking an eyebrow. Where the hell was he? Where the hell was the ship? He sat up completely and breathed out a yawn, rubbing the side of his head and scratching his scalp through the short, bristly green hair. "Where the hell did everyone go? Why isn't the ship here? This isn't funny." Zoro muttered to himself, his eye narrowing as he stood slowly, placing a hand upon the single sword hilt that sat at his hip. He turned slowly to walk away from the harbor and stopped a few steps away...

Single sword hilt?

He looked down to his hip slowly to realize that the only sword on his belt was Wado Ichimonji. "Ah! What the hell!? Where are the other two?!" he yelled and looked around quickly. He quickly grabbed hold of one of the nearby people walking by and yanked him close. "Hey! Tell me. Were there any pirates that have showed up around here and left?" the man stammered for a second. Zoro gritted his teeth and his eye flared up with irritation. "AH! Don't hurt me! They went back to their hideout! It's in a mountain range to the south of here!" Zoro dropped the man to his rump and he quickly scrambled away. Hideout? The Straw Hats didn't have a hideout. A scowl tightened his features and he sighed heavily, gripping the white-wrapped hilt of Wado Ichimonji tightly. He began to walk in the direction he thought was South, though, honestly, it was probably North. When the green-haired swordsman was out of sight, the man blew a relieved sigh and relaxed against the barrel he had been hiding behind. Then he froze up. "Oh, no! I-it was really North!" he stammered and quaked behind the barrel. In his fear he had forgotten his directions and which way the pirates' hideout was located. Fear kept him from going after the swordsman.

By the time Zoro reached the outskirts of town, he stared out at a large mountain range that covered the horizon. "Guess he wasn't kidding. There's the mountain range...all I gotta do is go there and maybe I'll find my swords, I guess." Zoro muttered to himself. He assumed, at least, that the pirates had taken his other two swords. He was honestly comforted to know that it was Wado Ichimonji that was still on his belt. His fingers wrapped around the hilt firmly and he held it firmly to his side. It was a sword that was close to his heart. One that reminded him of a time when he had been so very naive to the way the world worked. This sword and himself had been through a lot together. From battles with the legendary Hawkeye Mihawk to fights with other powerful pirates that had stood in the path of the Straw Hat Pirates. He wielded his sword with extreme prejudice against his enemies. His lips were curved into a slight frown as he stared forward at that mountain range and strode forward across the grassy plains.

He was hoping that nobody would find or at least try to wield Kitetsu, it was a troublemaker sword. It had a mind of its own at times and Zoro had even had some trouble in the beginning controlling its bloodlust. It was a sharp, powerful blade that was cursed with a bloodthirsty spirit, or so it seemed. The man had thought he had found the perfect trio of swords. They flowed well together and now two of them were gone. He would be sure to get them back, no matter the cost. What kind of "Greatest Swordsman in the World" lost his best swords? As the mountain range got closer, he took a look to the right, staring out at the ocean for a moment as he walked. It was odd...but he felt like he was in a different world. He felt like giant Sea Kings wouldn't lunge out of this sea...it seemed much calmer than the ocean covering the Grand Line. Compared to that, this place was as quiet as a secluded spring in the middle of the woods. Eventually, he came to a small valley that ended with a large mountain jutting up in the back, a cave entrance clear there.

"That must be the place." Zoro muttered and began to walk just a little bit faster.

Upon reaching the opening of the cave, he stopped for a second, staring hard at it. He could hear a commotion inside, perhaps celebration? He didn't know what they had to celebrate and he sure as hell didn't feel bad for raining on their parade, especially if it meant that he would be getting his swords back...and especially if they were the cause of his missing swords. He walked right into the entrance without a problem, despite the fact that there were two men sitting at a table nearby playing cards, clearly not expecting anyone to come walking through. "Hey." was Zoro's only response as he walked on past them.

"Oh, hey." was the response of one of the pirates.

"..."

"Hey, wait a second! Get back here!"

Zoro stopped in his tracks, turning to glance over his shoulder at the man. "What is it?" he asked bluntly.
"Wh-what the hell?! You've got a lotta balls just waltzin' in here like ye own the place! This is the hideout of a group of feared pirates, y'know! You go in there and ye'll get cut t'ribbons!"

Zoro turned slowly, his face showing no fear as he walked forward, planting a foot upon the table and narrowing his eyes, putting on a rather intimidating face. "Huhhh? You sayin' I can't go in? I've got a bone to pick with your captain. A couple of scrubs like you won't even give me a warm-up from my afternoon nap!" The man growled, eye narrowing dangerously down at the man who had spoken against him.

"W-well...y-yeah. An' stay away from the Cap'n too! Cap'n Faris is a powerful captain o' the sea! He'll tan yer hide, boy!"

Zoro had just about had enough of this. With lightning quick movements he brought a hand forth, grasping the hilt of Wado Ichimonji and sliding it from the sheath swiftly, bringing the razor sharp blade up to the pirate's neck. His eye flared with a crazed hunger for blood, killing intent evident within his gaze. "You gonna tell me how t'get there? I'd just kill you if I didn't need some information first!" The swordsman said, eye focusing upon the look of fear the pirate had in his eyes. The sharp edge of the sword wasn't even touching him but he could feel how sharp it was just from how close it was to his neck. It felt as though it was splitting beard hairs on his neck just from brushing against them.
---
Words: 1192
Experience: 1192

--------------------
user posted image
Faris Scherwiz
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 08:35 PM

The Disguised Captain

Group: Final Fantasy
Member No.: 237

The man had to warn the Captain! From his hiding spot behind the bend of the caves, he’d seen everything, heard every utterance. This man wanted the captain! While the swordsman was distracted, he pushed himself away from the rocks, scrambling to the den of their hideout to give the Captain the news.

Someone was attacking their hideout.

It was a quiet day. Faris didn’t trust quiet days much. When the pirates weren’t being loud and causin’ trouble for their captain, something was off. Or, maybe the crew just didn’t want to piss their captain off today with their stupidity. They left her to her room, where she was right at this time, her feet propped on the table in front of her as she glanced over a new map.

She loved her crew, really she did. After spending almost 15 years with them, how could she not? But by the crystal, they certainly could be a headache. But not today. Everything was gloriously, and eerily quiet, it almost made things seem boring. Maybe it was time to set sail again, get out on the seas for a good bit of time. Things got restless when they were in port for too long. Things got even more restless when the men were out at sea for too long, but that was neither here nor there. The point was, she was getting restless, and the men could use something to really do instead of just—

“Captain!” The cries of one of the men pierced her thoughts. And there it was. The end to the quiet and dull afternoon had finally arrived. Sitting up, Faris’ feet slid off the table silently as she sat up. “Captain!”

Well now, he sure had his britches in a bunch. Faris opened the door to her quarters, and stared at the panicked crewman. “What’s all the yellin’ about?”

“T-The watchmen, they’re being attacked!”

Faris’ eyes narrowed. Attacked? Who the bloody hell would attack a pirate base? It was bad enough that the damnable earthquake had revealed the entrance to their hideout. But so far no idiots actually tried to go in. That is, no idiots after Bartz and the others anyway. Well, this certainly would be interesting.

She motioned quickly for the crewman to take her to the scene, her eyes rolling as several other members of her crew followed. “How many are there?”

“J-just one sir.” Faris stopped. Just one? Just one foolhardy idiot was ‘attacking’ the hideout of a pirate crew? And worse, this crewman was afraid of him? “But he’s dangerous sir! I heard him say he was lookin’ fer ya!”

Oh, was he now? Things certainly were getting more interesting. Her quiet day was all but quiet now. A smirk pulled at her lips. Wasn’t too often some fool went looking to challenge a den of pirates.

“Let’s go.”The captain was sure she wouldn’t need the help of her crew, but most of them followed. Their respect and admiration for their captain went far. He would handle everything, and they wouldn’t even have to get their hands dirty. Judging by their raucous laughter, they were expecting to watch their Captain cut down the stupid infiltrator. They’d be disappointed. She was going to /suggest/ that the attacker left. Strongly suggest that he leave actually. She didn’t want to spill blood if she could avoid it. Traveling with her sister must have made her go soft.

“They’re over here Captain!”

Rounding the opening of one of the caves tunnels, Faris found herself looking at one man. One lone swordsman, who currently held his blade to one of her men’s throats. Stepping through the doorway, Faris rested one hand at her hip. “Well now ain’t this a sight.” She said as if in complete disbelief. “There really is only one.” Her words were loud enough to carry through the cave. “I’d really appreciate you takin’ your blade away from my crewman now.” She called over to Zoro.

He was an interesting man, just based off the way he looked. There was no quiver in his blade, so he held his sword firmly, with utmost confidence. There was a scar on hi face, not horrendously marring. But both were clear evidence that this man was a skilled warrior.

With a confident smirk Faris approached. “Heard you were lookin’ fer me.” Legs splayed firmly, Faris demanded the attention of the swordsman. “Now it either takes a really brave man or a really foolish one to come waltzin’ in to a pirate cave with a mind to see the Captain.”

She was willing to bet this man had an agenda. Come in, kill a few pirates, take on their captain… After that, who knows what. Go back to Tycoon expecting the Queen to lavish gifts on him for ridding their country of the pirate menace? Lenna wouldn’t care to hear that.

“State yer business swordsman. I’m a busy man.” She called out to the man before her.

~
Word Count: 830
Experience: 830

--------------------
Roronoa Zoro
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 01:02 AM

Greentike

Zoro pulled the blade slowly away from the man's neck, not even nicking the flesh with the sharp edge of the blade. He then tucked his foot under the side of the chair and flipped it so that the man flipped backward before turning his back on him and facing the so-called captain of the pirates that resided within this cave. His eye shifted between all the rather mean looking faces of all the pirates, eyes narrowing slightly. Many of them brandished swords but he highly doubted that any of them were any good with them. If he had all three of his swords he could wipe them all out, possibly with one attack. But that wasn't an option at the moment, as there were more pressing matters. Such as finding out if this group of blockheads had taken his swords. If they did, and they returned them, he might let them live. It wouldn't end as well for them if the conclusion was made that they had the swords and didn't want to return them. "And it takes a brave or foolish man to talk like they're all high and mighty in front of someone like me. You must not've heard of me. The name's Roronoa Zoro." Zoro said, narrowing his eye upon the captain. Something about him was off, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

The swordsman shoved his blade back into the white sheath at his hip, shrugging slightly as though his previous statement didn't matter either way. "I've just got a couple of questions for you." he said, keeping his distance and staying in the center of the partial circle that had gathered around, essentially trapping him in the cave. If he was scared or intimidated, he showed no sign of it. He stared the captain of these pirates directly in the eye, his head tilted downward slightly so that he, himself, looked a bit intimidating. With one hand resting firmly upon the Wado Ichimonji still, he parted his legs, taking on a similar stance to what the captain had done himself. "First question. Have you seen a ship with a lion's head on the front sailing in these waters?" he asked, glancing around at everyone else to check on the reactions that the question brought. If the crew reacted in some way, he would know. If the captain reacted in a different way than them, he knew something would be up. Either with the crew or with the one they were taking orders from. It would mean someone was keeping secrets. And he wanted to find Luffy and the others as soon as possible so that he could get off this damn rock and away from these bunch of idiots.

"Second question. And this one's important. More important than the first one, so pay close attention. Has your crew pillaged any swords lately? I can't find mine and I find it odd that I wake up in some random place and don't have two of them. If you have them and return them to me, I'll just walk outta here like nothing happened, assuming you answer my first question." Zoro explained, eye narrowing dangerously. He wasn't playing around when he was talking about his swords. He desperately wanted to find them more than anything. Especially Kitetsu. That sword, if fallen into the wrong hands, could become dangerous. Before the green-haired swordsman had gotten a hold of it, it had killed many owners before. He had taken a chance in letting it decide for itself whether he was worthy. It could have cut off his arm if it had wanted to, but in the end it had become one of a trio of blades he used. He knew what both of his katana looked like, so there was no point in trying to give him fake swords. "If you claim to have them then give me a couple of fakes then...I'll just kill off your whole crew. I don't take kindly to being lied to." his tone was gravely serious and the grim determination in his eyes proved that he wasn't lying.

Zoro would not hesitate to kill anyone or destroy anything that got in his way when he was trying to accomplish something. His goals? Find the Straw Hat pirates so that he could rejoin them and find his swords along the way. If he could find both here? That would have been even better. It would have caused him less of a headache in the long run. Things were rarely that easy, however, and he assumed the worst when it came to trying to accomplish his goals. After all he had been through, it was no wonder he just figured the worst would happen. After having only recently been united with the Straw Hats again, it was kind of a downer to be separated once more. But if these guys knew where they were then it would be a bonus. But, Zoro wasn't done with his questioning. The final question was of the moderate importance. Mostly to his own well-being than anything. He didn't give a damn if they answered it or complied. Zoro looked off to the side slowly, staring at nothing in particular, mostly looking down the path that all of the pirates had come from. From his lips was drawn a simple question.

"Third and final question...You guys have any booze or food? I'm starvin'..."
---
Words: 903
Experience: 2092

--------------------
user posted image
Faris Scherwiz
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 03:24 PM

The Disguised Captain

Group: Final Fantasy
Member No.: 237

Her brow quirked. A very foolish man indeed. The one who went into a pirate's lair, challenged the pirates themselves, and then dared to insult their captain, the one who called himself Roronoa Zoro. Roronoa Zoro? Was that supposed to mean something? Was the name supposed to intimidate her. Faris let out a low chuckle. "I'm afraid I have no idea who ya are 'Roronoa Zoro.'"

She watched the man return his sword to his hip. It was a smart choice. And frankly, a choice she was happy the man had made. While the crew might not have outnumbered him, there was a look in his eye that alerted her to the potential danger of the man. She couldn't resist smirking as the man practically mimicked her stance. He had some questions, and she'd hear him out. But his first question had her lifting her brow. An unknown ship around? Was this man seriously slow enough to have gotten himself separated from his crew, and then lost the port his ship was harbored in? She wanted to laugh, but the only sign she gave of amusement was a lift of her lips. Poor fool. His description of the ship seemed odd enough, but to have lost such a strange ship. Did he really have such awful luck?

"A ship with a lion’s head on the front?" She's seen no ship decorated in such a manner. And with a quick glance around her men, she'd guess they'd seen no such ship on their lookouts either. But just in case, she raised her voice, addressing her crew. "If any of you have seen that ship, you best speak up. If yer hidin' it from me, I'll skin your hides. Ya hear me?"

When her crew remained quiet, Faris settled it. "I'm gonna have to disappoint ya mate. That ship's not been in our waters."

The young captain listened to their guest's second question and looked around. None of her men had a sword she didn't recognize. None looked as though they knew what this man was talking about, either about the ships, or the lost swords.

Faris rested her hand on her hip, assuming a more relaxed pose. "I'm 'fraid your barkin' up the wrong tree Roronoa Zoro. We haven't taken any swords, as you can see," she gestured to the men around her, all of who were armed at the moment, "we have no need to be stealin' anyone's blade." She was interested in something he said, however. "You say you lost two blades?" How did a person wield three swords at once? It was an interesting concept. "There's no need to lie t' ya. We don't have your swords I'm afraid."

The man's final question brought out a laugh. "A truly brave or foolish man you are." Coming into a pirates den, dishing out threats, and then asking them to share their food and liquor. It was amusing indeed. Her lips curled into a grin. "Aye. Food and booze we do have."

With a wave of her hand, Faris dismissed her crew. "Get back to your posts. " She called out. Flicking her gaze back to Zoro, the Captain smiled. "I'll bring our guest to the back." Her men let out disappointed noises, shuffling into the entrance to the heart of their hideout. They clearly had been hoping for a scuffle. And as much as Faris wouldn'tmind a tussle, she felt no need. This man was just a lost pirate, looking for his crew and his swords. A curiousity really. It wouldn't be the first time the crew'd seen Faris give into a whim and handle things without violence. "C'mon then, Roronoa Zoro, I'll get ya some food and rum."

Turning her back to the lost man, she called over her shoulder. "Name's Faris Scherwiz, and these here are my men. Unless I say otherwise, you'll be treated well enough."

~
Words: 650
Experience: 650+830=1,480

--------------------
Roronoa Zoro
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 08:14 PM

Greentike

Upon hearing from the captain's lips that he didn't know who Zoro was, he had a look as though he didn't care. Of course he didn't care. Sure, it surprised him a bit. On and off the Grand Line, Roronoa Zoro was known and feared by many. In the East Blue he had been known as the Pirate Hunter Zoro, the fiercest bounty hunter that ocean had ever seen before. On the Grand Line he was known as the aspiring swordsman who wielded three swords aboard the Straw Hat pirate ship. He had quite the bounty on his head, so it was no surprise to him if people looked at him with fear or hunger. He could always tell the bounty hunters from the regular people, they always had a hungry look in their eyes. A look that showed that they were going to soon try their luck at collecting a massive bounty. He knew that look because he had once given it. The hunter stalking their prey, was all it was to him, however. The only reason he had needed money was to survive, wiping out pirates had just been the fun of it. A way to hone his swordsmanship and to strike fear into the hearts of anyone who learned of his triumphs. So, in response to Faris saying that he didn't know the swordsman, he merely shrugged and glanced off to the side.

It was indeed disappointing that he hadn't seen the ship Zoro had described. He found himself scowling, features tightening for but a second as he sighed inaudibly. His eye shifted to each of the pirates, some of which were eyeing Zoro warily still. He tucked his hands into opposite sleeves, keeping them away from his swords as though to ease tension among the ranks of Faris' crew. However, if he needed to, he could have easily drawn the sword in an instant. However, they were willing to answer his questions, that much he could respect at least. His eye shifted to the captain and his lips were a set frown as she said with finality that they hadn't seen that ship around. The Thousand Sunny was a very recognizable ship, so he had to believe them when they said that they hadn't seen it. He especially hoped it was true because he wouldn't want to have to kill off an entire pirate crew just for the purpose of finding out information. Then the next bit of information came to him, mostly regarding his swords which was something more important to him than finding the ship. Without all three of his swords, he couldn't fight as effectively as he might like. He was still a great swordsman with one sword...but give him three and he was damn near unstoppable.

So, when the captain said his men were armed already, Zoro couldn't help but let a soft chuckle rise from his throat. "As true as that may be...your men's swords can't compare to mine. Send one of them at me with a blade drawn and I'll cut right through their crappy swords. If one of them had one of my swords, especially Kitetsu, I would know." Zoro said, his voice a dangerous, serious tone as his eye shifted to each of the faces in the room. When he was satisfied, his gaze shifted back to the captain standing in front of him. "Your men wouldn't be able to handle either of the swords I lost, trust me. One of 'em has a real bad attitude." the green haired swordsman says. His hands come out of his sleeves and he rests one hand lightly upon the Wado Ichimonji. He was only glad that this sword had been the one to survive, had been the one that was still at his side. But he feared the spot where his Kitetsu had fallen, not wanting it to fall within the wrong hands. His lips were a thin line of neutrality, though he was a bit troubled at the fact that his other two swords were no longer with him. The Shusui and Kitetsu were both great blades, and he doubted he would be able to replace them. So the only option was to find out where they were. He felt it was unlikely that he would achieve his goal without them.

He felt a smirk tug at the corner of his lips as he heard the captain say that he was a brave or foolish man. The swordsman said nothing in response, only gave that smirk. There was no point in saying something when his current objection was about to be reached. He was going to get free booze and food from people who he had just threatened to beat the hell out of, how could he complain? Faris could think whatever the hell he wanted about Zoro. So, when the captain said for him to follow, he did. Why not? There was food and drink waiting for him where he followed, though he made sure to keep a cautious hand resting upon the hilt of his sword. The smooth white fabric wrapped about the hilt was almost a comfort to him as he narrowed his eye softly as he watched the men get back to work. His eyes turned to regard the back of the man's head when he spoke up, stating his name was Faris and that the swordsman would be fine as long as he said so.

"Tch. I fear for your men the moment you tell them to attack me." was all he said in response to her apparent confidence. Zoro had cleaved ships in half, had slaughtered entire crews in a matter of seconds with a few quick sword strokes. He could cut through damn near anything. "You won't have a problem from me if I don't have a problem with you. So no worries there." the swordsman said with a shrug.
---
Words: 984*2 = 1968 [Double Exp Week]
Experience: 4060

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3589 seconds | Archive