zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Bettabreeders. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

fEEDING YOUR FRY EGG YOLK, THE EASY WAY.
Bettafan
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 09:55 AM

Unregistered

Too make egg yolk easy to use all you need are an ice cube tray, one egg, and a mister from any cheep dollar store.

1 Hardboil and egg.
2 smash just the yolk in to two cups of water.
3 stir and poor into the icecube trays, freeze it.
4 take one ice cube and melt it into a half cup of water
5 put into the spritzer. (shake it up)
6 spritz it once or twice over the fry tank. (rember open Lid of fry tank)
Return spritzer to the fridge , it keeps for three days. no more,
Replace it with a fresh cube.

Do not spritz more often. Do it twice a day. Morning and evening. That gives the fry time to eat it.
You must vacumm the bottom of the tank each morning after you start this. DON"T LEAVE ON THE BOTTOM FOR ANY EXTENDED TIME

midnighttrain
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 12:52 PM

Unregistered

This may be a silly question, but do the fry do as well on egg yolk as they do on other foods?
bettafan
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 01:03 PM

Lord Whorfin said, "Laugh-a while you can, Betta boy!

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 246

Even better, its only for a week or so , then you go to BBS, but yes it works great.
Spud
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 01:24 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 463

And to think we used to strain that egg yoke through a nylon stocking and try to feed the fry. Some actually lived! This is a much better method, Why didn't I think of it 25 years ago when I was spawning Bettas!
midnighttrain
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 01:32 PM

Unregistered

Good to know. Thanks!
Kodiak
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 09:55 PM

BettaBreeder Mentor

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 517

I used this method for my last two spawns. I am throwing out my microworm cultures. This is easier and I actually saw less die off in the first week. I did three feedings/day, two squirts. I also overlapped the coversion to bbs, with one squirt in the AM and one in the pm for the first two days on bbs.
halcorrigan
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 06:03 AM

Administrator

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

It's the best way to start. They eat it very well, and I also have never experienced any kind of die off.

That's the reason when people go on about Liquifry, I get riled. Liquifry is worthless. AND how much cheaper can you get than an egg yolk? Even with the largest spawn you have MORE than enough food with just one egg!
Pixietina
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 07:24 AM

Unregistered

Thankyou may have to try this :)
:D
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1836 seconds | Archive