Yes, BEFORE THE MAST wants YOU!
We are currently in search of a new pilot
to help sailing the ship among the labyrinth of islands. Do you think you have what it takes to sail away with the likes of us? There may be treasure in it for you... if we succeed to catch it. Otherwise, ”no prey, no pay”
, how the pirates’ Articles of Agreement say.
Yes, we're putting up a staff search for a new moderator! Everyone is welcome to apply, if you have the time and skills needed
We're looking for people who are active and dedicated to our cause. The staff search is published both on this site and also on several resource sites for people to see, and reply to. We are trying to find the best person to fit the bill. If you think you are one, let us know!Requested Position
: moderatorIdeal applicant
: The ideal applicant is someone friendly and dedicated, active, creative, who wants to help out in many aspects of the site and meets the following criteria:
* interested in history and in our Age of Sail story (previous knowledge in the field is NOT necessary, only the interest to learn).
* loving to write and to advertise
* keeping active and stimulating players’ activity (especially newbies’) is also important, having the site as one of the priorities in order to be an example for the members. This means, first of all, logging in, if possible, daily, and, when not possible, notifying the staff about their absence
* is a member of LiveJournal / InsaneJournal / myspace or other less used advertising means
* having a yahoo account for communication ease is an advantage.Main tasks
- getting involved in the community life and promoting activity, besides keeping their characters active, through writing NPCs when needed and creating new plot opportunities ;
- undertaking a fair and measured review of all applications and expressing their constructive opinions;
- advertising the site through all meansTasks common to all staff, in co-operation:
- welcoming newcomers and answering questions. Players’ or guests’ questions should be answered as soon as possible. If they need consultation, an acknowledgement to the player that the question was received and needs discussion will be sent.
- deciding on the upcoming events on the board, including the site-wide plot development
- enforcing the code of conduct (i.e. dealing with potential conflicts or breaking of rules)
Please fill out the form below and send it off to the “Falcon” privateer vessel, in a bottle. (Yes, you may post it herebelow or in a PM). The open seas are waiting for you…