Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Animanon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Render Farm...
Kreator
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:58 PM

Colonel Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

I was out shopping today (with the wife! ) when I spotted this magazine PCPlus , it caught my eye as it had a lead on the Free disc "Build your own Render farm"

Well I just had to have it, could`nt see the actual article as the mag was all sealed up in plastic, so I bought it ( I`m a sucker for Mags and free discs!)

In a nutshell I now have the knowledge for linking all my "Old PCs" together, but and this I think is a big "BUT" the software must run under Linux and use Blender!

what a dog!

Still, I have a boot disk with Linux so I might just give it a go to see what happens
anything must be good to cut down on renders, bit concerned though on my Electricity consumption and the enviroment!

BTW I got alittle 3.0gighertz Tower today but the motherboard is fried so am trying to get a new skt 478 motherboard

--------------------
why not visit my site at http://kevsworld.orgfree.com
headwax
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 12:54 AM

Lieutenant Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11

Best I've done is do my anim8or modelling on the old desktop in XP, then save it to USb flash drive, load it up in the new laptop in VIsta and render it. New laptop does it twice as fast - but I can't model in Vista.

Wings 3d runs like a dog too in vista.

Blender looks like it works fine though.

(Ugg, I don't want to learn Blender ) sad.gif
« Next Oldest | Rendering General | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0172 seconds · Archive
ANIMANON
Animation of the Week