Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Animanon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

I am making an MMORPG!, It's about animals!
TT Snim
  Posted: Dec 5 2007, 01:23 AM

Captain Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

hay all, I'm sorry I keep disappearing and reappearing, but I'm only days away from getting my NEW computer! It'll be AWESOME! And I'm going to make all of you thank my bro for getting it up and running for me! (Well, I won't make you, I'll do some thing even better, I'll bake a cake. XD)

Any way while I've been with out my desk top I've kept my self busy by exploring the world of MMORPG making. Desert Fox Chronicles has gotten a lot of interest from the other game makers in the community, so I have a lot of hope it'll do well.

What is the game about, you ask? Good question.

The game was inspiered directly by Animal Planet's hit show Meerkat Mannor and will simulate life as a small mammal.

You are born in to the harsh and unforgiving landscape of a desert where you'll have to claw your way through life just trying to survive. The local wild life wants to eat you, your neighbors will want to evict you, and your dinner will bite back.

Should you survive to adult hood you may have the chance to become the leader of your own family.

As soon as I have my new computer Up I'll be attacking the Wuppet project and starting up my comics again! OH, and I have a NEW JOB! YAYAYAYAYAY! So expect to see me a lot more, AND in the future expect to se a web site dedicated to all of my projects up as well!

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
Arik_the_Red
Posted: Dec 18 2007, 04:30 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

So TT, what's the status of your animal game? This sounds like a real fun one!

I remember long long ago when I was in jr. high making a sort of quasi-roleplay game when a friend and I were deep into D&D... this game had you being a bug of your choice in the yard, or forest, etc., just trying to survive against the rest of the bug world, using your "God-given" bug attributes, sort of like your mammal thing. I have wondered at times if it would make for a funky vid-game, too.

--------------------
Add me to IM: arik_the_red@hotmail.com

Arik the Red
Founder of AnimAnon
Join the Slow Party!
user posted image
www.theslowskys.com
Draken
Posted: Dec 18 2007, 08:23 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 35

You do know the engine your using only make ORPGs and not MMORPGS?

Its not powerful enough to make a mmorpg, (250+ players) Unless you go use the source to optimize it. Which with that engine will take years, Do to the programmer keep adding features instead of fixing bugs.

But As I said before I love this game Idea, and I will surely play.
« Next Oldest | TT's Trompings | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0227 seconds · Archive
ANIMANON
Animation of the Week