One day, All will know
Group: Transcendent/Third Job
Member No.: 21
Joined: 27-May 10
Name: Encore, Soul Emocore Freya
Job Class: Director Minstrel
Nationality: Mixed, Dominant Lutie
Soul is handsome as the Gypsy Guildmistress is beautiful. His honey-blond hair drops down neatly around his head, framing his eyes and have now grown considerably longer, giving him a small ponytail to manage. His eyes are framed by clear glasses which was something he had never left wearing. His facial features are maturely handsome and are capable enough to woo any girl on the street. Lips that are said to have claimed many dancers grin devilishly and beckon for you to listen to his every word.
His figure is manly but not bulky. He has fair skin, having dominant features from Lutie, it's no big surprise. His overall appearance is all about presence! His clothes are always neatly buttoned and arranged. Though with some alterations, his Minstrel uniform is of black and gold instead of the usual chestnut brown and white combo. His guitar is always carried, it has no strap.
Above all things, Soul has a penchant for theatrics. His whole life is geared on the fact that the world really is a stage. This means Soul is extravagant and always confident in form. If he wants to sing, he will. Life is one big stage play to him and the director is out so the actors have to play themselves. This makes him both incredibly brave or incredibly stupid, even both at the same time. It also makes him very adaptable too. This nature of his makes him very easy and friendly. Watch out for his sudden melodic monologues though.
Soul isn't a doting idiot though. On the contrary, he is quite the academic man. He has a tendency to call things a bit over-the-top. For example, he calls Thieves "avaricious and rambunctious lads of larceny" and so on.
Being in the theatrical mood all the time isn't all that good though. Since emotions play a powerful part in theatrics, A single strand of emotion from Soul can and possibly will take over him for a period of time. It's hard for him to snap out of it too, a helping friend who knows the way of the theatrics is usually the only way to snap him out of it. Being in the theatrical life also means he has no sense of right or wrong, he thinks it's all part of a grand "script" to play who's bad and who's good. To him, everyone is good but are evil because it's their "part" or "role".
He also believes greatly in the saying "The show must go on", meaning whatever happens, he'll attempt and finish anything given to him.
Using all of these in mind, Soul can easily be manipulated if you know him well enough.
Did I mention that he really hates it when someone makes him sing out of tune?
+ Is very good with his skill.
+ Proficient Ranged fighter and capable close range.
+ Practically fearless.
- Too Care-free.
- Has no real sense of right and wrong.
- Can be easily manipulated if you know him well enough.
- Emotions can take him over.
The Show must go on!
A few years back, a small guild of bards, clowns, minstrels, dancers and gypsies created a small play which showcased their skills in a more orderly manner. Though it wasn't a hit at first, it gradually came through and before anyone knew, people were buying tickets by the buckets and watching. Enjoying every moment of it.
Enter a nice minstrel and gypsy couple. They were brilliant performers but a scandal had let them out of the guild. The gypsy, while portraying a pregnant woman, suddenly gives birth on stage. A healthy baby boy. The couple, however, were not as they seemed. They were never together and they were actually just having an affair. The baby boy was left parent-less, none of his parents claimed responsibility for him. One of the Clowns of the guild took him under his wing and Soul was trained.
How he was trained was something special. He was always, always included into plays. That was his training, he would really shoot arrows in the plays and stuff like that. Of course it was dangerous, he very nearly killed a dancer, but as their guild always say...
"THE SHOW MUST GO ON!"
This life in the theater eventually blurred Soul's perception of what was real life and what was theater. When the clown told him about his real parents, he just shrugged it, thinking to himself they got themselves fired for not being able to take on the role. No matter how screwed it sounds, that's what Soul thought of things.
It's worth noting that Soul didn't become a novice at the correct age. He was more or less already 14 when he became an novice. This phase was short-lived though as he was well experienced enough using a bow. He was a child star, a genius in the theatrics and when he thought of the tests as shows, well... it was easy.
When Soul became a bard, he easily became famous. Especially after releasing several albums. You see, Soul was a very good musician but then all Bards were. Soul however, added a new genre to the mix. He didn't stick simply to sonatas and small stories no, he created new genres of music like emo, rock and roll and even the occasional hardcore music. This made him extremely famous, even though he was still young.
He also met extremely interesting people. For one thing, while traveling, he met a young girl named Claire who had family problems and had used his music as an escape. It touched his heart and so he gave her his rosewood guitar. After he left, he also met the vividly voluptuous venomously venerable visage of beauty known simply as Elianna.
These days, Soul is studying his guitar and voice, he had discovered something very special. Like most bards and clowns, they had the ability to control the sound of their own guitars and voices but Soul had taken it a step further, reaching octaves and pitches thought impossible and then eventually, even controlling the sound of other things. he could even call on bats and dogs to fight for him.
Now he wondered how much he could stretch the power of music.
Three years would be rough for Soul. First off, he disappeared VERY often due to several involvements to attacks and being apprehended by Warrant Officer Rheina Angelis in more ways than one.
Their romantic love affair would continue well into the year as well as meeting old friends like Robert, Elianna and Gregory and making new friends in the form of Shara, Young-Jae, Silverius and the Sealmaster. Despite his lack of performances, he was still well loved.
It was by the end of the year when tragedy would strike his heart. An incident in Jawaii would part him from his one and only Rheina Angelis and would do so until current timeline.
If that wasn't enough, by the second year, Janri retired from being Director Minstrel and handed the mantle over to him. There was a celebration in the ceremony, Silverius even presented him with a wonderfully crafted Maple Guitar to replace his Ebony Maple Guitar which broke during his encounter with Ifrit.
While he was director, he had also started to research on Xaos and Rheina and eventually found out about the truth about them. Despite this though, he was sure he could save Rheina so he researched on a cure and found that the Garm's ice fur or nails would prove helpful.
Venturing to find Garm, Janri accompanied him to settle a score but it would ultimately be Janri's final performance. Soul, enraged, would lash out at Garm and find the true potential of his ability to control sound and vibrations.
The following year would only be him searching for Rheina and training students.
Recently however, he has finally found reports regarding sightings of what looked like Rheina Angelis.
Announcing a small hiatus to the show but would still keep his position, it was time to set out and finally claim Rheina.
It was time to answer the question on everyone's mind.
Would it be a fairy tale ending or a tragedy?
- Owl's Eye
- Vulture's Eye
- Arrow Shower
- Adaption to Circumstance/Amp
- Pang Voice
- Apple of Idun
- A Drum on The Battlefield
+ Vulcan Arrow
+ Longing for Freedom
+ Passive: Musical Lesson Encore
- A more advanced version of Musical Lesson. This skill does additional bonus on the damage Soul's guitar causes as well allowing Soul to fire arrows using the string of his guitar.
+ Sound Check
- The peak of Soul's ability to control sound. With this ability, Soul can control the different levels, variations and whatnots of sound itself. Making the sound of a certain object louder, softer, higher pitch, etc etc. The following are the certain things he can do.
- Passively: Allows him to use his own voice as a sort of sonar tracking device.
- Using Sound Check on the sound of his guitar makes his Music skills [Ensembles, Dissonance] more effective.
- He can emit a powerful sonic boom by snapping his fingers, clapping or screaming, or even the sound from falling objects or objects coming into contact. Low frequencies make a blunt force attack that can be also used to deflect skills that are made of immediate water [Water ball, Deluge], made of Fire and made of wind. Physical RANGED attacks can also be deflected. High frequencies make a "slicing" damage but without any real cuts.
- He can shatter steel, glass and wood by using sound to vibrate them to breaking point. Done by tapping the object at least 3 times.
- He can alter the sound of whatever is close enough to him (at least 10m). Like footsteps and heartbeats. He can also alter the levels of sounds an object makes, like tapping two zennies together to create a deafening "TING!" sound.
- He can call on certain animals. (Dogs/wolves, bats only).
He can only use one of these at a time. This skill has a cool down of 2 posts. Take note that Soul is not affected by the strength of his own skill as he controls the sound taken in by his ears passively.
+Speed of Sound
- Passively, all his arrows move at the speed of sound making them hit harder and stronger. This makes his Vulcan Arrow exponentially powerful.
When Augmented by Soundcheck, he can turn fellow arrows and projectiles to move at the speed of sound.
Rosewood guitar - Given to Claire
- Maple Guitar - Given by Silverius
- Modified Headset
- Maple Guitar
- Black Minstrel Uniform
- Gloves (x2)
- Has currently 20 albums, encompassing different genres to which he gave perfect justice to.
- Is obsessed with musicals (except for Highschool Musical)
- Runs a small shop with Elianna, he handles the tattooing and requests while Elianna handles the things they'll actually sell.
- Can create a really powerful attack by augmenting SOUNDCHECK with the sonic booms his Vulcan Arrow creates.