1. You can join any amount of RPs, GRANTED THAT you can handle having many rps. RPs are like stories. You can either have them as flashbacks to justify the relationship of your characters in the present timeline, or at present, that will lead to how you want your character to grow into.
2. It has come to our attention that there are tendencies of getting carried away with posting, neglecting the fact that there are other posters involved, leaving behind those involved.
To the new ones. You see, there is a need for the other RPers to post because there is virtually no way for one poster to catch up once left behind.
For example, if Reginald would start an RP with team 7. If Seyren replied first, then Howard second and Icarus last, Reginald would post again before Seyren will post again. Of course, this depends upon the type of thread, or if the topic starter indicated that there should be a sequence. Others could post right after if he or she is directly spoken to and no one else is replying, BUT DO NOT GET CARRIED AWAY.
ALSO, be aware of the activity status of your fellow RPers, and KNOW HOW TO WAIT if one is on LOA because there are things in real life that cannot be helped, and the internet forgotten for a while.
3. Regarding OTA threads, please do PM first the starter of the thread if you can join in in their RP. As we all know, RPs are like stories - they have their own plots too. See first if your character can actually fit into the RP... if not, no hard feelings, okay?
Just don't go in and make your posts without even trying to know what the RP is all about. And, please do consult first the starter of the RP for plotting purposes.
4. Never abandon an RP because that is plain rude. Once you enter an RP, it's like talking with someone you just met. You can't just leave a conversation once you started it. It is also a show of dedication and discipline with oneself to finish what has been started.
5. Don't enter an RP that's already 3 pages in time. It'll be hard to connect things already.
BE AWARE OF THE FLOW OF YOUR RPS, RESPECT YOUR CO-RPER AND HAVE FUN AT THE SAME TIME.
P.S. IF THE TOPIC STARTER HAD ALREADY GIVEN THE RP FLOW, ABIDE BY IT, OR WE WILL NOT HESITATE TO DELETE THY POSTS.
Some other notes:
1) Please do make your posts count, make it at least two paragraphs long... not just a sentence for a post... that's just way too nasty.
It's quite rude... for example.
Seyren quickly comes to the aid of the fallen knight, he tries to deflect the arrows hurled towards them to saved the injured knight..
"Are you alright?" Seyren asked, as he shoved the arrow hurled with one of his own.
And, don't just reply with this,
|"I'm alright... why are you helping me?" Joe the Plumber answered.|
2) Pay attention to the posts that came before yours, do not just post like you're the only one on the thread, socialize, that's the key. (unless your character is a loner, but despite this, he/she is bound to interact sooner or later)
3) Learn to be responsible for your posts, once you posted at a thread, there's no going back, do post when you get the time so that the flow of the story is not ruined... it's not right to keep them waiting for so long, nor is it right to abandon a thread while in the middle of the story, that's just plain rude.
4) Have fun! That's what RP-ing is all about. (aside from socializing, that's another thing)