Players may choose between two schools of primary education, depending on wherever is more convenient for them:
The Novice Academy of Prontera, located in the capital of Rune Midgard,
The Rekenber Child Development Center, located in Lighthalzen.
Regarding Novice Skills
1. Obvious things first, Basic skill won't teach you how to sit or socialize. Goodness gracious, you know that as a human being. Humans are social creatures, mobile creatures, intelligent creatures. So please, common sense tingling?
2. First Aid and Play Dead TAKE UP A SKILL SLOT. Regardless of what you are (1st, 2nd, transceded class), if you want to use First Aid and Play Dead, THEY TAKE UP A SLOT.
3. Novices will ALWAYS have First Aid, Play Dead and Basic Skill in their profile's skill list. These are standard skills taught by the Academy. Congratulations, here's an apple.
4. OBVIOUSLY, Basic Skill becomes "AUTOMATED." Meaning, it disappears from your skill slots once you reach 1st job. You don't have to retain Basic Skill until you're transcended or what.
Common sense, people.
(Please, we do not want to see Basic Skill on characters beyond novices alright? Good).
Basic Skill encompasses all passive skills you've learned in the academy. This is divided into 9 tiers:
1. Junior Weapons Usage
>> Basic Dagger/Sword/Rod usage.
2. Junior Defensive Skill
>> Basic guard usage.
3. Basic Monster Lore
>> Simple background information on the monsters up until 5 maps away from the capital.
4. Basic economics and calculation
>> Study on financially surviving in Midgard. Includes arithmetic and algebraic operations.
5. Basic Geography and map reading
>> Knowledge about continents and locations
6. Junior History Course
>> History of the world
7. Herbalism and Potioning
>> Teaches usage and dosage of potions, healing herbs, etc etc.
8. Practical Approach to Dungeon Running
>> Sends you to a practice dungeon for solo and party missions
9. Career Orientation
>> What class will you be in?
First Aid is a skill taught during the 7th tier of Basic Training.
You will learn the use of bandages for wounds, splints for fractures, and resuscitation. Please note that these are temporary measures to alleviate pain, slow down infection, and/or prevent further injury. This skill is NOT SIMILAR to Heal or a Potion's effective healing prowess. To those concerned, this is instacast, with no cooldown.
YOU CAN PERFORM FIRST AID ON YOURSELF IN THE FF SITUATIONS:
>> You are wounded in an area not located in your arms and vitals.
>> You have a leg fracture (for splints)
YOU CANNOT PERFORM FIRST AID ON YOURSELF IF:
>> You are unconscious
>> Your arms are wounded
>> Poisoned/ Any status effect.
>> Any other problem that may hinder your movement or thinking
(Please use common sense, people...)
Isn't this a bit obvious?
I'll just explain how the restriction works.
You can only use play dead ONCE PER TARGET OR GROUP (monsters only). You can't play possum twice on the same party, let alone a target. And, you can't play dead against human characters. People can check if you're really alive (like checking your pulse or watching you breathe). Don't take them for fools. Use common sense again, please?
That is all, thank you.