Alternate Reality Association

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Alternate Reality Association. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 [10]  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply   New Topic

Triangle General KP Thread 9, The Kimness continues!
TransWarpDrive
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

·Demigod·

Group: Queued
Member No.: 6

QUOTE (fireand'chutes77 @ Aug 8 2007, 08:37 AM)
QUOTE (Bill W @ Aug 8 2007, 12:55 AM)
98' 35" W 39' 50" N is, according to the United States Geographic Service, the center of the Contiguous United States. Saw a couple of posts about it in the Odds Man In topic but they didn't mention this. Just some more of SMB's humor =)

Remind me - it's the coordinates of what, again? Drakken's fortress? unsure.gif

No, those coordinates were on the Middleton High sign. Weren't they giving the location of a Geography Club meeting, or am I confusing that message with another one?
PM   E-Mail   
jeriddian
Posted: Aug 12 2007, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

·Exalted Member·

Member No.: 432

Well, isn't the center of the contiguous United States in Kansas? (Seems so just from a rough look at the map)..... unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image

"Say the Word ...."
PM   E-Mail   
TransWarpDrive
Posted: Aug 13 2007, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

·Demigod·

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (jeriddian @ Aug 12 2007, 08:31 PM)
Well, isn't the center of the contiguous United States in Kansas? (Seems so just from a rough look at the map)..... unsure.gif

A line from a classic movie just popped into my head:
"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore..."
laugh.gif
PM   E-Mail   
fireand'chutes77
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 12:14 AM
Quote Post

·Demigod·

Member No.: 22

What episode did this quote (by, presumably, Kim) come from, concerning a ceiling-cling move?

"...Love it when they don't look up."

--------------------
user posted image

Who, you ask? Kim Possible, THAT's who.
PM   E-Mail   
fireand'chutes77
Posted: Aug 21 2007, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

·Demigod·

While perusing TV Tropes.Org, I stumbled upon the "Dark Action Girl" page (an antithesis to an "Action Girl") and was immediately rewarded with a pleasant, grinning jolt of surprise. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

PM   E-Mail   
fireand'chutes77
Posted: Aug 21 2007, 10:11 PM
Quote Post

·Demigod·

Sorry for the 3rd post in a row-

How about making an alternative-picture-caption-thingy to hopefully give Activity a slight boost? (I.E, post a screenshot, try to come up with a line of dialogue to fit the sitch based on posing and facial expression alone)

I'll start:

user posted image

"Ha! IIIIIII've got a caaaaaaape!"

(I know this has the potential to devolve into something RS-ish; please, use common sense and decency when thinking of captions, and refrain from using screencaps that could be taken in waaaaaaay too many directions than they're supposed to.)

--------------------
user posted image

PM   E-Mail   
The Last Son of 84
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

·Exalted Member·

Member No.: 110

Well, I've got the decency, not so sure about the common sense though. tongue.gif I'll see what I may be able to whip up.

On the other hand... Oh, this Heroclix has me just dying to buy it... if only to repaint it into you know who.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/indy/...sp?unitid=12819

The jacket is a little off, but I could just say it's a modified Club Banana jacket. tongue.gif
PM   E-Mail   
Snapdragon
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

·Senior Member·

Member No.: 493

Looks like summer school is the least of Bon-Bon's summer problems.

Actress Kristen Storms who voices Bonnie has been arrested for DUI.

See more here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296527,00.html

--------------------
"I must have Attention Deficit Disorder, No One Pays Attention to Me!"
PM   E-Mail   
ncnu
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

·Veteran·

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 70

While unfortunate that a KP voice actor would be arrested for such an offense, it was heartening to see Fox list our show as a bigger deal than General Hospital. dubiety.gif smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM   E-Mail   Website   
KimforHim
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

·Senior Member·

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 99

Wow, it has been VERY quiet on this forum lately (even though people have been peeping in on this site on a regular basis - you know who you are! tongue.gif ) !

Well, now that the series has concluded (even though the "Fight for Five" camp is valiantly pushing for another season, regardless of where the creators are currently), our thoughts now turn to this:

How will Disney handle this show from here on forward?

Right now, the KP series doesn't really seem to have a defined niche in the Disney Channel schedule, other than as a late night fill-in (not a good sign, as that's the Disney schedule equivalent of the elephant bone yard!) KP has disappeared from late afternoons (forget about primetime), and is nowheres on the weekend schedule during the daylight hours. It shows up periodically during the daytime, but it doesn't currently seem to have much pull for priority in their scheduling.

Toon Disney, on the other hand, seems to be more active in scheduling KP. The mini-marathon occurring on Columbus Day (October 8th), for example, shows that KP still has some credibility with the schedulers over at Toon Disney.

As for merchandise, the thoughts and rumors of a big KP item rollout during the fourth season never came to pass. Ebay, that barometer of such collectables and kiddie goods, has an enemic quantity and array of offerings, with few gems for hard core collectors to outbid each other.

The special project alluded to by Steve Loter apparently is taking its time to seek sunlight, and while some may claim absolute certainty of what it is, if it turns out to be something that's not expected, will it even be recognized as the item Steve was discussing? DVD box sets, live action movie, a follow up special, another marathon, a special merchandising plan, a musical movie, an "Icecapades" verson, a Broadway show...who knows?

I'd like to hear from others as to how they feel future scheduling will work with the KP series. Are we just in a lull after the "big bang" finale, and KP will resume a more dynamic schedule in the near future, or will it die a quiet death, being solely scheduled at times where Disney can't think of any other show to schedule (the latter makes no economic sense, at least not to me). Watcha think?
PM   E-Mail   
Erased Paper
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 05:15 AM
Quote Post

·Administrator·

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (KimforHim @ Oct 2 2007, 05:57 PM)
Right now, the KP series doesn't really seem to have a defined niche in the Disney Channel schedule, other than as a late night fill-in (not a good sign, as that's the Disney schedule equivalent of the elephant bone yard!)  KP has disappeared from late afternoons (forget about primetime), and is nowheres on the weekend schedule during the daylight hours.  It shows up periodically during the daytime, but it doesn't currently seem to have much pull for priority in their scheduling.

Toon Disney, on the other hand, seems to be more active in scheduling KP.  The mini-marathon occurring on Columbus Day (October 8th), for example, shows that KP still has some credibility with the schedulers over at Toon Disney.

Just for the record, TD and DC are scheduled by the same division over at Disney (Disney-ABC Cable Networks Group).

The special project alluded to by Steve Loter apparently is taking its time to seek sunlight, and while some may claim absolute certainty of what it is, if it turns out to be something that's not expected, will it even be recognized as the item Steve was discussing?  DVD box sets, live action movie, a follow up special, another marathon, a special merchandising plan, a musical movie, an "Icecapades" verson, a Broadway show...who knows?

It's already been confirmed to be the Epcot attraction. There's nothing "uncertain" about it.

I'd like to hear from others as to how they feel future scheduling will work with the KP series.  Are we just in a lull after the "big bang" finale, and KP will resume a more dynamic schedule in the near future, or will it die a quiet death, being solely scheduled at times where Disney can't think of any other show to schedule (the latter makes no economic sense, at least not to me).  Watcha think?

I think it's downhill from here.

--------------------
user posted image

"Erased Paper. EP. Paper. Erased. Erase yourself. Bye."- Phil Literate
PM   
« Next Oldest | Kim Possible | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options   Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 [10]  Add Reply   New Topic

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1886 seconds | Archive