· Portal  Help      Search      Members      Calendar

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Alep 2008. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

My Dear Everon Gamgee
whiteladyeowyn
Posted: Jan 15 2009, 02:41 AM

Shieldmaiden of Rohan

Group: Committee
Member No.: 11

I received something very special from you, something I feel that I do not deserve. JP, Tim and Daniel did SO MUCH MORE than I at the Party... yet, you sent me also a Red Book of ALEP.

When the Postman brought it to the door, I saw that it said Shutterfly on it, and was dumbfounded. Once I opened the box and saw the red cover ( I was looking at the back ), I immediately realized what it was, even before I turned it over to see Tim's smiling face staring out from the cover.

I will forever be in your debt for blessing me with such a gift. I nearly cried while I held it up to my chest, at a loss for any suitable way to thank you. But this does not excuse my lateness in replying.

So, thank you, my dear Everon. May the hair on your toes never fall out.

With much Love and Fellowship,

:eowyn:
Everon_Gamgee
Posted: Jan 15 2009, 03:25 PM

Everon_Gamgee

Group: Members
Member No.: 167

My Dear whiteladyeowyn,

My hairy toes and I want to tell you that you are very, very welcome! (And I am very relieved to know that my wee mathom has made it safely into your hands.) :P

Please know that your contribution to my amazing weekend in Middle Earth (KY) was deeply felt and will never be forgotten. In addition, it was your courage in stepping out of your comfort zone and sharing your beautiful poetry on this site that gave me daring to do likewise, which in turn has been a wonderful experience and a joy unlooked for.

I was very, very slow in finding my way into the many joys of this website and I feel rather as though I am late in arriving at another grand party. (Silly old Hobbit!) Time and again your words flow through this site bringing happiness, insight and comfort.

Trust me kind lady when I say that you deserve every fine thing that life can offer. My small book is just a humble Hobbit's way of saying thank you and if it brings you a smile and a warm memory of those incredible days then I am doubly blessed.

Yours with love and fellowship, - Everon

PS: You have given us many tantalizing hints at great things to come, please bear in mind that if one old Hobbit may be of assistance from the wilds of the North, you have only to call upon her.
Rosie_Cotton
Posted: Jan 15 2009, 08:29 PM

Just Maggie...the Future Crazy Old Cat Hobbit!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

What a wonderful gift indeed! Frodo let me look through his :book: when he stopped by on his journey South. Such great memories you're captured, and such a gift is truly priceless.

:grouphug:

Everon_Gamgee
Posted: Jan 16 2009, 04:28 PM

Everon_Gamgee

Group: Members
Member No.: 167

Why thank you, dear Rosie Cotton!

I am so glad that you had a chance to see Frodo's book. I hope it made you smile and reminisce. :)
We did make so very many fantastic memories that lovely, long weekend, didn't we? :reading list: I was glad to be able to share a few of my favourites. :lol:

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0263 seconds · Archive