· Portal  Help      Search      Members      Calendar

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Alep 2008. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Alep Reunion Panel At Dragoncon, Saturday night at 830
whiteladyeowyn
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 03:30 AM

Shieldmaiden of Rohan

Group: Committee
Member No.: 11

A Long-Expected Party: Bringing The Shire to Life in Kentucky

Did you attend A Long-Expected Party at Shaker Village in Kentucky last fall? Do you wish you had? Have you ever wondered what would possess a group of Tolkien fans to stage their own event?

These questions and many others will be answered on Saturday night, 830pm, in the Tolkien Track room at DragonCon. Come see your friends and hear stories both great and small about the magic created that magical weekend in September.

:eowyn:
pattibaggins
Posted: Aug 24 2009, 05:22 PM

Shire Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 96

Ah, I wish I could be there, Eowyn! We began the annual Michigan Renaissance Festival run this last weekend, and that's where I'll be for the next 6 weekends, too. It was a rare escape to the Shire last year, going to ALEP. Maybe some other time. Will you print a "there and back again" report in this space afterwards, for those of us who can't attend? For everyone who does get to go, I do hope you all have a wonderful time!

Patti :hobbit lass:
AnnaEstel
Posted: Aug 24 2009, 06:18 PM

Shire Scholar

Member No.: 57

Ohh, I'd love to see how that goes, as I will definately be unable to attend.
ShireScholar
Posted: Sep 10 2009, 05:19 PM

Old Took

Member No.: 138

Greetings, fair elves, gentle hobbits, brave rangers, and assorted wizards!
Here's hoping that a good time was had by all at DragonCon :green dragon: and the ALEP reunion panel.

I had intended to be there but circumstances with my mother prevented it. She is out of danger now and in a skilled nursing facility, remaining as feisty as the Old Took, I might add.

While she has not yet achieved her eleventy-first birthday (only merely approaching her 92nd on December 11th), I think she yet qualifies as venerable.

But for those of you who were able to attend DragonCon in search of Smaug :dragon: and : ALEP : vets, hooray! Tell all, please :feedback: before this forum goes into the cyber West! :frodo vanish:

All best!
Namarie!
Shire Scholar
:hobbit computer:
Rosie_Cotton
Posted: Sep 12 2009, 12:44 AM

Just Maggie...the Future Crazy Old Cat Hobbit!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Happy to hear your Mother is doing better. and fiesty is good! Keep them young whippersnappers on their toes. ;)

I raise a glass to your Mom :tankard:

Hope to see you next year in Jerusalem! I mean, Atlanta.

and definately in The Shire in 2011 :bag end:
ShireScholar
Posted: Sep 18 2009, 05:26 PM

Old Took

Member No.: 138

: ALEP : I am dusting off my ears and feet and elven garb even as we speak. There and Back Again will be a reality for us. Yippee! :grouphug:

And Atlanta next year! :frodo:
Oh, Happy New Year to all Jewish residents of Middle-earth. :MPfireworks:

Mom is still settling in and keeping everyone on his or her furry toes.

Go, Mommy!

All best,
Shire Scholar
:hobbit computer:
Rosie_Cotton
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 04:00 PM

Just Maggie...the Future Crazy Old Cat Hobbit!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Can't remember if I posted these in another thread.
Anyway, here are my Dragon*con 2009 photos.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0230 seconds · Archive