· Portal  Help      Search      Members      Calendar

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Alep 2008. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Into The West, Shire Scholar's beloved mom has died
ShireScholar
Posted: Dec 17 2009, 08:10 PM

Old Took

Group: Members
Member No.: 138

I know these forums have grown quiet of late but I felt it was still a good place to tell you all that my beloved mother Genevieve Wagner passed peacefully into the West on her 92nd birthday on December 11th, 2009 about 8:30PM EST.

She died while my sister and I held her, and the moment of release was transcendant. Her face lost all trace of pain and was infused with golden light. Quite miraculous and very comforting.

The Catholic funeral Mass was performed by a priest who is a friend of mine and at the graveside service later, another friend of mine recited my poem Reflections From A Far Green Country -- which you may recall as part of the set of works I read aloud at our Hall of Fire. The we played the CD of Into The West as we said our last good-byes.

This particular touch of ceremony was especially appropriate because one of the last interactive things Mom and I shared was watching Return of the King on her bedside TV in the ICU.

I was able to have her transferred back to her own room at the nursing home (where she had resided for only 3 months -- prior to that she had lived with me where I cared for her until I could no longer do it by myself). All the staff there saw to it that my sister and I were comfortable and cared for as was Mom, who awoke to see her birthday balloon delivered and waited until we had her little party before she passed.

At the funeral luncheon, we toasted her with champaigne and sang Happy Birthday in multi-part harmony. She was -- and still is in spirit -- a great lady. I always called her my Warrior Queen.

Thanks to all of you of our Fellowship who have been sending me notes of comfort and peace.

Eru's blessings on all.
Shire Scholar
Constance Wagner :hobbit computer:
pattibaggins
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 05:24 PM

Shire Wizard

Member No.: 96

Dear Constance, I am sorry for your loss. How wonderful that the moment of your mother's passing reflected the glory she was entering. It must have been a very great comfort, indeed. It is never easy to say goodbye to someone who means so much, but we always have the hope that we will meet again some day, in the True West. When my mother passed, she visited me in a dream where I could see her, young and vital again, dancing with angels. May you have a similar visit!

Peace and joyful memories,

Patti
ShireScholar
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 05:45 PM

Old Took

Thank you so much, Patti, for your kind and gracious thoughts and prayers in this season of the heart. I consider myself blessed to have had my mother with me and be fully herself until the very end for so long. She is undoubtedly dancing with the angels as is your Mom.

I feel my mother's presence in my heart and soul ... and hope for dreams to come.

Bless you,
Constance
Shire Scholar
:hobbit computer:
Melilot Fields from Deephallow
Posted: Dec 27 2009, 09:03 PM

Shire Wizard

Member No.: 97

So sorry, Constance... :-( *hugs* I'm taking care of my 93-year-old dad in my home, too, so can relate to a bit of what you mention. May you find comfort in memories of your time with your Warrior Queen...
Rosie_Cotton
Posted: Dec 30 2009, 03:31 AM

Just Maggie...the Future Crazy Old Cat Hobbit!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

I've been keeping your Mom and your Family in my thoughts and prayers. It is truly sad to have a parent pass on, but how comforting it must have been to her to have you at her side.

Take comfort in the many memories you surely must have of this wonderful Warrior Queen.

~Maggie
ShireScholar
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 09:49 PM

Old Took

Thank you all for such gracious and loving thoughts and prayers for me and my beloved mother. I miss her with all my heart but take comfort in knowing she now resides with the angels (and the Elves --and a Hobbit or two, I'm sure!).

I daily see her love in the rising of the sun and the phases of the moon, as her spirit always shone with things eternal.

When I am done with my book :book: , the dedication page will most certainly have her name upon it.

Eru's blessing on you all.

Love,
Shire Scholar
Constance
:hobbit computer:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0327 seconds · Archive