· Portal  Help      Search      Members      Calendar

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Alep 2008. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Carpool From Louisville
Ladyhawk Baggins
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 09:35 PM

Lore-Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

My plans, at this point, are to fly into Louisville on Wed 24 Sept (arriving about 3:30pm) and out on Mon 29 Sept (departing about 1245pm), on Southwest Airlines. I found a shuttle service that travels between Louisville, Lexington and Cincinnati, and I'm considering using it. Feedback would be appreciated one way or another. I looked into flying another airline, but with all the changes coming up, I'm leery. Flights I considered two months ago no longer exist. Someone I know works for US Airways and advised me to wait as they are cutting a bunch of flights. :o And so begins the final planning, or at least the most expensive. :rolleyes: :lol:
dora_took
Posted: Aug 2 2008, 02:00 AM

Dora Took

Group: Committee
Member No.: 7

I understand how you feel! I'm coming in on Delta - and I don't like Delta (aside from the fact that they are constantly rearranging their flight plans on me, they've also decided to charge whopping amounts for a second suitcase!).

But I don't think the guys are starting up the shuttle service from the Lexington airport until Thursday - there isn't one ordinarily, ALEP is creating one itself.

Is anyone else driving in on Wed that could pick up Ladyhawk??

-Dora Took :hobbit lass: :sewing:
Ladyhawk Baggins
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 12:10 AM

Lore-Master

Thanks, Dora! Hearing your "woes" about changing flight plans got me thinking about other possibilities. Delta actually has a red eye flight that would get me into LEX at 845 on Thurs morning. Then I could take whatever was arranged for Thurs. That might be easier for everyone. (Not easy getting there from here, but I know it will be worth it!)
dora_took
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 03:03 AM

Dora Took

If you can handle it, it might be easier! They haven't worked out a schedule yet for the shuttle, but they will announce something when they're ready.

To be fair to Delta, I finally wrote down all 3 travel itineraries :blink: to compare the changes. Mind you the last change arrived only 1 minute after the second change! But in reality, all that's happened (at this point) is that I will leave 10 min earlier and get in maybe 6 minutes earlier, and my direct flight in now changes in Cincinnati. that's really it. I can live with that. I just remember my first trip to Dragon*Con on Delta when they rescheduled me onto a flight a few hours later than we wanted to arrive! Oh I kicked a lot of fuss on that one, they got something worked out <_< . But I'm not happy about the luggage situation, I'm going to have to look into to possibly mailing a box of things - costuming takes up so much room! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gandalf the grey
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 03:57 AM

Wandering Wizard

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The shuttle schedule we have thus far is on the Venue page of the site:

:Palantir: http://www.alongexpectedparty.org/venue%20page.htm

The first shuttle bus arrives at 11:00 am Thur. morning.

:map: The shuttle will then take you from the airport, out of Lexingshire, through the desolation of the dragon, down into the misty valley, across the Anduin, past the goblin caves, up into the Shire and finally into Hobbiton itself. Quite a merry journey.

:cart:
Ashlyn
Posted: Aug 3 2008, 05:29 PM

Shire Wizard

Member No.: 50

Where would the shuttle service you're talking about drop you off, the airport, hotel, or elsewhere. I'll be driving up on Wednesday, and could drive on up and get you. :cart:

PM me if you're interested.
Ladyhawk Baggins
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 12:05 AM

Lore-Master

:cart: Thank you, Ashlyn! An unexpected adventure (from Nashville) to add to the fun!
Elf Friend
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 07:15 PM

New to the Shire

Member No.: 137

Does anyone know if there is a charge for use of the shuttle?

Elf Friend
dora_took
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 08:32 PM

Dora Took

ya gotta understand - there is no regular shuttle between SV and anywhere - let alone the airport. The 'shuttle' in this case is one of the staff driving back and forth to pick people up and get them there (and back again :lol: ) since there is no other way short of a really expensive cab or renting a car :blink: . I imagine you'll find them by looking for someone holding an ALEP sign, somewhere in an obvious place like maybe around baggage.

that's why there isn't one from Louisville ;)

Frodo
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 10:27 PM

Frodo Baggins

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Elf Friend @ Aug 6 2008, 03:15 PM)
Does anyone know if there is a charge for use of the shuttle?

Elf Friend

There is no charge for the shuttle. On Wednesday it will probably be one of us doing the shuttling, but for Thursday we have hired a bus. There should be an ALEP sign in the window.
:frodo:
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0304 seconds · Archive